• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Toulon website says 2 year deal and not much more than that.

Maybe Reds knew it was coming today so put out the other announcements.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Just appeared in my twitter feed #whatwe'regoingtomiss

@OptaJonny: 32 - Since the start of last season @QuadeCooper has beaten 32 defenders in @SuperRugby, more than any other @Reds_Rugby player. Stepping.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Quade has singed for French mega club that buys players for premiships then developing French players.
But I'm still hopeful Quade has signed a contract for 2017-18

Right

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's done a handshake with Mourad, that's as good as it gets. All the big names did a photoshoot like that.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
my tea leaves recdkon he will stay ion Australia.

His total; package inclusive of match fees will be about a million. His worth overseas would'nt be much more.

Reckon it is conditional upon RG going or being re-signed

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
He's done a handshake with Mourad, that's as good as it gets. All the big names did a photoshoot like that.

Once you have done the handshake and photo its all but deal done from the Top 14 perspective. It the way they do business and the risk for Cooper here is if he backs out he could be burning a very expensive and once-only bridge - the one to the Top 14. Also could tarnish his reputation in the rest of Europe / Uk limiting future prospects.

Personally I think 2yrs away to freshen up and reset would be good for Quade as I am not sure he will make the WC, and even with RG gone, IMHO its still a season or so before the Reds will be able to fully rebuild which I think will drag him down.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I was interested with the stat that was shown on TV for 50 super rugby games and only 14 wins.

Maths is not my strong suit but would this mean to get to 50 wins it would take about 175 games? This is pretty shot by anyones standards.

I wonder when his 15th win will come and if someone is up for some pointless research of statistics would RG be the slowest coach to get to 15 wins? I doubt many would last as long as he has with his numbers.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
it is not RG's fault anymore. The board and CEO made a mistake in hiring him but they have had ample opportunity to correct that mistake (end of last year being the prime time to cut him loose - only the truly stupid would think he could improve.

To be honest, it feels like these private schoolboy fuckwits are just having a laugh at the fan's expense. Taking our money and telling us to like it or lump it whilst they keep their incompetent mates employed.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
What happened to the technical coaching assistant they were looking to get in? John Connely amongst others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
What happened to the technical coaching assistant they were looking to get in? John Connely amongst others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I reckon Knuckles is smarter than to sign up to the current shit sandwich in any capacity.

If they did what they should have and bulleted RG he might be talked into caretaker duties, but to come on board with dopey still in the mix has zero upside and a lot of potential for disaster.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I was interested with the stat that was shown on TV for 50 super rugby games and only 14 wins.

Maths is not my strong suit but would this mean to get to 50 wins it would take about 175 games? This is pretty shot by anyones standards.

I wonder when his 15th win will come and if someone is up for some pointless research of statistics would RG be the slowest coach to get to 15 wins? I doubt many would last as long as he has with his numbers.
I think it works out to about 7.8 seasons until he cracks 50 wins.

Is it too early to start and post in the 2022 Reds thread and celebrate the victory in round 8?

This emphasizes what a ridiculous joke is being had with Reds fans, players, Australian Rugby and even the mascot dog, he probably want to leave too.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Another 7 seasons of this tripe and we'll be down to just the parents of the debuting Players showing up to watch. They'll be heavily disguised though so it will just look like Suncorp has a few Palms dotted around place.

I think the players would hide their faces too

Status
Not open for further replies.