• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
11200896_907486805976269_1628772011517768583_n.png

My reaction if Liam Gill leaves the Reds!

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I felt quite ashamed watching the game, I got to the point where I wished we would lose by 70+ in an attempt to get rid of RG.

Surely a record loss might get the board thinking about what is happening on the field.

I really question if the board has even watched a game, maybe they will just look at the red jerseys in this game and assume the reds won by a mile.

I dont want to give up my membership but I need a way to send a message to the board that I am not happy with how things are shaping up.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The reckless, idiotic, in-denial stubbornness of the QRU board. It's beyond belief that Graham was not sacked many matches ago; that's he's apparently being renewed for 2016 is an act of profound institutional masochism.

One senses now: near-catastrophe for the QRU, in all respects, will be the only reliable change agent.

So real change is as yet some way off.

And such a scenario tends to be the golden rule of Australian rugby, in any event. No one in this incestuous, mates-driven system is ever properly accountable for anything, so it's only truly disastrous end-points that ever incite genuine change.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wonder what Jim Carmichael thinks about all this.

Maybe the CEO of a rugby franchise should have a track record in the game after all.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

Maybe the CEO of a rugby franchise should have a track record in the game after all.
Maybe the QRU are trying hard not to repeat the revolving door coaching of the mid 00s, but have swung too far the other way?

I am really struggling to understand the logic they are employing.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

It is a pity that the excellent work he and others did in resurrecting the Reds from the financial and playing disaster of the 2000s is about to be lost. A pity that he will not be remembered for that great work. As I've said before it may be the case that Carmichael is just a good reformer of poor systems and is not suited for the day to day running of the reformed organisation. In any event the decisions taken since 2012 can be seriously questioned, indeed a brief look at historical posts here will show RedsHappy was expressing concerns about Reds institutional systems back then, even while still euphoric about their win in 2011.I find it very sad a great opportunity for Australian rugby is being lost because of intransigence and hubris.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Things go from bad to worse.
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...Queensland-Reds-as-a-Coaching-Consultant.aspx

I like Knuckles but he is part of the problem here, not the solution. Carried and gave Graham his coaching start.

Bringing him to mentor a coach seems like an investment you don't make if you are gonna knife the bloke in a few weeks.

He already spent 3-5 years "mentoring" RG and this is what it has gotten us.

Status
Not open for further replies.