• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

It's foolish to think that teams succeed solely because of the coach or completely in spite of them. If there isn't some quality on both sides of the fence you want succeed.

T

TOCC

Who gives a shit who the coach is, i don't support the Reds because 'player x' plays for them of 'coach y' is the head coach. The coaching staff and players will come and go, i will support the Reds 'team' regardless of who is in it. I won't wish failure on the team i support because there is a player or coach in it who i don't like, that's seems like a ridiculous notion and whoever has the mindset isn't a true fan of that team IMO.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
TWAS: fantastic post. For another time, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Surprise surprise

TWAS and Scrubber: yes indeed. i often wonder if there has ever been serious analysis of the influence of coaches on teams' performances. the results would be interesting.

without such analysis, i guess we have to from our opinions from results and not much other fact and from our own prejudices.
yep, RG sucks :)

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Who gives a shit who the coach is, i don't support the Reds because 'player x' plays for them of 'coach y' is the head coach. The coaching staff and players will come and go, i will support the Reds 'team' regardless of who is in it. I won't wish failure on the team i support because there is a player or coach in it who i don't like, that's seems like a ridiculous notion and whoever has the mindset isn't a true fan of that team IMO.

Yeah, damm shame about that. I don't like RG (at all) and have previously said I most probably won't be renewing membership if he is still there... But now, Reds have sent out the new membership stuff and mine's on automatic renew and I just can't bring myself to tell them no, don't renew. Guess I'll just have to moan about RG next year as a Red's fan rather then as an ex-fan.

Dammit! Just ordered a couple of the member polo's as well!

This being a Red's fan must be a disease or addiction of some sort...

T

Train Without a Station

I only hold grudges against coaches that don't perform.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pretty much the second tier of Reds props are all currently residing at Brisbane City, and they've all been toweled up at scrum time in one NRC game or another.

T

Train Without a Station

Because Ryan and Robinson, the original first choice props for the Waratahs are playing like world beaters aren't they?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
In my viewing of Bris City, every time Matt Mafi has come on he has made a difference especially at scrum time. Maybe the problem is the third string hooker, very hard for props to operate if hookers are not holding their own. I'm still angry he left Sydney Uni last season.

Kate Elizabeth

Herbert Moran (7)

Agree wholeheartedly, but I do have to admit that during Jones' tenure I wasn't a member. Supporter yes and always, attending some matches, but not a member attending every match. I think he broke/blooded too early more players than any coach before/after him as Wallabies coach and I never really got over that.

Will be there again next year no matter our backs, but ye gods, I would like to see some traction for our front row signings. Not sure that Kite or Talaki are worth it after some less than excellent time on field in round 2 and 3 for City - not dreadful, but not Super level/yet.

And for the record, which nincompoop came up with the name of Brisbane City for our team - rubbish for SEO purposes.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
[quote="Kate Elizabeth, post: 660951, member: 21942"And for the record, which nincompoop came up with the name of Brisbane City for our team - rubbish for SEO purposes.[/quote]

Brisbane Town has a much better ring, doesn't it?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Have to think the Tahs are front runners, given the Tongan connection. In the end I don't really mind where he goes, as long as he's in Australian rugby and given a chance to develop properly.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Steve Mafi Sam Wykes both Tongans at the Force.

His brother is also working in the mines no better place is aus to be a miner than WA.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'm not saying he wouldn't fit up here, just it'd be hard to compete with the likes of TPN, Palu and Folau for a welcoming environment for the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.