• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
so 3 more coming...with an NRL, France and Wallaby logo flying around....... does this hint at the rumours that there is an NRL winger coming, freddie michalak and ooo maybe a wallaby from overseas maybe?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
FFS - just hurry up and resolve the coaching problem.

And by resolve, I mean DON'T RE-APPOINT GRAHAM.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
so 3 more coming.with an NRL, France and Wallaby logo flying around... does this hint at the rumours that there is an NRL winger coming, freddie michalak and ooo maybe a wallaby from overseas maybe?

Michalak is crap. The French buy Aussie players and we buy French players. WTF?!

The Wallaby from overseas should be Ben Mowen or nothing

About the NRL player I want at least someone from this team:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Here's the squad. 3 more to come.

Who am I kidding? I can't turn my back on these blokes. Just get a dinkum coach Carmichael.

Mind you if RG stays in any capacity whatsoever, I just can't see myself 2016 membership.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
So there were no new announcements for the team? I watched that video and there weren't any players that hadn't already been announced or were part of the squad were there? I notice a few absences that haven't been announced as going- no Beau, no Quirk, no Lachie. Anyone else that hasn't been announced as departing that isn't there?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I am feeling a little underwhelmed by the Galah. So many open endings still to play out.

The Ponies are well underway for 2016 as are the Tahs and Rebs. Stop stuffing around Reds and get your shit together!!! 3 wins a season is not acceptable.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We don't need Ben Mowen. We have ample backrowers.

hookers: Saia & Ready
Props: Daley, Holmes, Slipper, Tupou, Talakai, Fa'agase, Paraka
Locks: Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Tui
Backrow: Browning, Lolo, Gill, Schatz, Tui, Gunn, Korzcyk
Scrumhalf: Frisby, Gale, Tuttle
Flyhalf: McIntyre, Greene
Centres: Paia'aua, Fainga'a, Kerevi, Hunt.
Wing: CFS, Kuridrani, Magnay, JOC (James O'Connor).
Fullback: JJT

So with three more spots to fill a top class 10 is the priority. I think we have a lack of depth at hooker, 9, lock and fullback as well.

Some of those we are just going to have to suck up however. Probably hooker and 9.

So no Beau, Turner or Ed Od. I feel sad for Beau but it's understandable.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes, my concern is we seem to have recruited a lock who failed to shine in Ireland, and a lock who failed to shine in Melbourne. Qld is not exactly looking a desired destination for players at the moment. A lot of inexperience in that squad, potential certainly but green.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Anything short of 3 World XV players in those last 3 spots and it's going to be year another long year.

A downgrade in every single positional group apart from prop and winger AND likely RG as coach. Add the new format and we might blow past 12 losses.

For all the talk and blame of a lack of squad planning causing the the poor 2014 results, we went out recruited a swag of names in 2015, had a worse season and then lost at least 8 internationals with no plan to replace them.

Losing is one thing, been there many times before and we'll still support the team, but the incompetence, hypocrisy and suggestions of impropriety is far too much.

The QLD Reds shouldn't begin the year with a goal of fewer than 12 losses.

It is almost certain that the membership team will be asking for the $500 per seat before the head coach is even announced. This along with the non-stop asking for money will dry up the fan based just as quickly as giving RG a new contract.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 world XV players is a ridiculous aspiration. Don't let frustration get in the way of realism.

And you think the competition will be harder to win in next year? I think it will be easier with weakened teams across the nations.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
And you think the competition will be harder to win in next year? I think it will be easier with weakened teams across the nations.

Reg yes, but it's not the full story.

The Saffer conference will be easier. In NZ/Aus we have a higher exposure to the Kiwi teams and the depth across NZ should mean the overall Kiwi standard drops little even with the post RWC leavers.

We need to be top 5 for the finals. that includes all Kiwi teams and Brumbies and Waratahs. In just that group of 7, which 3 do you think we are a chance of displacing?

To me this seems a pipe dream. I'm struggling to pick many teams in NZ/Aus we are likely to finish ahead of. Let alone to finish top 5. And for a serious shot you need top 2.

Let's keep the realism going. 2016 looks a write off. Final playing contracts and HC selection could reduce the despondency. But it doesn't look good right now.

T

Train Without a Station

Seriously how on earth could you think Ben Mowen would be a good addition for us? We already have a number 8 with a good work rate, good line out prowess and good breakdown work who is rightly criticised for his lack of physicality and impact with the ball in hand. Why on earth would we want another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.