• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Any chance RG will remain as a director of coaching for a new coach?

I really hope not but fear that this may be a way to satisfy board members who don't want to admit fault and to keep fans happy with a new coach

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Any chance RG will remain as a director of coaching for a new coach?

I really hope not but fear that this may be a way to satisfy board members who don't want to admit fault and to keep fans happy with a new coach

I doubt this precise option for RG as the incredibly insightful, all-seeing, all-investigating 'independent review panel of the Reds 2015 HPU' (staffed in part with a QRU board member) came up with the truly earth-shaking recommendations that:

- The QRU should implement a General Manager - High Performance role for the Reds HC to report to, and​
- A Rugby Panel should be established within the QRU to oversight all rugby operations.​

(Btw: We know that the above General Manager - High Performance type role has worked extremely well within the ARU in recent years as Wallaby performances and skill levels have both increased dramatically.)

These powerful new organisational forms will no doubt lead to the Reds wining the S18 in both 2016 and 2017.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The one thing that the Rugby Unions have done very very well, is increase the size of the trough so that more snouts can get in and do nothing but produce excreta.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
The one thing that the Rugby Unions have done very very well, is increase the size of the trough so that more snouts can get in and do nothing but produce excreta.
At least with pigs I get paid to feed their snouts, and don't pay for their largesse and hubris.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In 2009, the Reds had 20 applicants for the HC position. This from the G&GR Archives:
apparently 20 applicants for the vacated reds coaching role, McKenzie is also back in Australia

This time, after a worldwide search for Expressions of Interest, only one interview has been conducted.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Shock yet please.. Hmm. Ewen back at the helm?

The shock is RG still at the helm. The surprise is the new team of assistants in the coaching package that will ensure success while remaining accountable (to no one in particular) and seeing sure that a new group of fall guys can take the blame for underperformance.

It will probably be a 1 year deal with the option to extend out to 3 years if he wins 1 of the first 3 games. The QRU must look after its talent.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It is believed the Reds will this week announce the coaching structure that will shock yet please fans across the QLD district
I feel like I'm back at high school (went to an all boys school) and going to my first social with the girls school across the road. When there's no girls around, all we used to do is whinge that there where no girls around and as soon as there were, we'd all panic and sit there in a state of excitement and complete confusion.

Same as these snippets of info. When there ain't any, all I want is some news. When there is, I don't know what do do with it.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Be careful Scoey - apparently if you just go away and ponder the news you just heard by yourself too often, you'll go blind.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Richard Graham retained for 2016

CTA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.