• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
We could definitely do with Mafi.
I mentioned previously, we can still add another Japanese player to our squad free of charge. He is easily the most damaging forward runner in the Japanese squad and has great game knowledge. He would be a great acquisition to the squad in 2016.
However, it is lead to believe the Reds are planning a bid to snare Ita Vaea after next season. He has family in QLD and his partner still lives in Brisbane.
Good luck

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wallabies victory even has me optimistic about the Reds.

1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
7. Gill

That is an exceptional pack, one of the best in the comp at set piece, and many of them in career best form.

Let's not mention the big variable.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
7. Gill

That is an exceptional pack, one of the best in the comp at set piece, and many of them in career best form.

When you consider the backline we have had with most of that pack you wonder how we could be so poor the last coupe of years.

Looking at our potential team there is no reason we should not compete for a finals berth

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
When you consider the backline we have had with most of that pack you wonder how we could be so poor the last coupe of years.

Looking at our potential team there is no reason we should not compete for a finals berth

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on these forums before but our coach isn't all that great. One of the reasons we know this is, as you say, we have had a good pack and backline.

The pack mentioned above only has two major downgrades, so 'potential' will be used a bit this year I feel.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
7. Gill

I have been looking at the membership webpage. A good world cup by the Wobs and I am signing up for membership again when i promised myself i protest in 2016.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on these forums before but our coach isn't all that great. One of the reasons we know this is, as you say, we have had a good pack and backline.

The pack mentioned above only has two major downgrades, so 'potential' will be used a bit this year I feel.

Unfortunately yes you are 3000% right. Last season we generally had the better of the set piece, scrum and line out definitely. And possession stats in our advantage. Then look at that back line.

I have never coached, but honest, I don't know how you start with that base and conspire to loose. A lot.

What's better this time is S&C, assistant coach, the guys bringing the EPS through. We match ourselves, IMO with the scrum coach.

The only fail is the bloke in charge and the board that put him there.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I still rate the shit out of Jarome McKenzie. He was basically player of the NRC regular season 2014 and I claimed the Reds should have had a look last year but he broke his leg. He still looks the goods, if we can find space in any one of our (seemingly numerous) squad systems I reckon we would not be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

He is a winger yeah?

Winger is one position i don't think the Reds are short in, fullback and flyhalf are where the Reds weakness for 2016 is.

In terms of wingers, is McKenzie better then players like Laloifi and Perese?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I'd say at least as good and is probably closer to being able to step in straight away to Super Rugby without missing a beat. Some of the stuff he did against the Rising and Perth was absolutely class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Last year McKenzie would've been better than anyone but he's not reached the same heights as expected after his serious injury, he'll need more time to get it back.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
JOC (James O'Connor) back to Toulon as projected (I guess). That was always going to be the end result if he didn't make the Wallabies. Toulon indicated same. His signing with the Reds has been a complete and utter waste of time. This was all so predictable. Who is to blame? Could it be the Head Coach again?

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
It's been said before but there surely cannot be a more incompetent organisation in the sporting world. The subbies clubs are run better than this mob.

It's interesting to see former Reds staff reactions on Twitter every time news is announced.

I was talking to a recently former Reds coach a few weeks back and without a doubt as bad as we all think it is, it is 100x worse.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Very much as predicted.....re JOC (James O'Connor).

Re Knuckles ....when he joined it was very definitely announced by the QRU that he'd been retained right through the 2016 season...how the QRU could deal in this way with a bloke who stepped into the shit mess to help, and who had prior given so much to QLD rugby, defies comprehension.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Sooooooooooo who paid for JOC (James O'Connor)'s surgery and now rehab? Seems Toulon got a bargain out of this.

With the Force, Rebels and now Reds bitten by him, surely he's running out of options of playing for the Wallabies again (I doubt the Brumbies will bother with him and, so the tahs could low ball him if he wants the extra 16 caps).

Status
Not open for further replies.