• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
How many games will Graham last?

Quote this post with your answer and I will have Gagger send the winner/s a stubby cooler*.

*Prize to be shipped by the Reds Membership team and likely be "lost", you might get it for the start of next season.
6 more games including the trial this weekend. Management to be in denial till mid march then the scramble will be on to replace him by april.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Talking about stuff getting lost. Anyone got their hat or shirt yet?

Nope. Sent an email on the weekend and was told they were sent separately to the cards etc and I should receive them "shortly".

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yes. Dial in via the Reds website. Last time I managed to loose all detail of where to find it. It turns up on the Reds web site with a "wait starting soon" style message about 30min before kick off. Reg kicks in just before it starts.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
How many games will Graham last?

Quote this post with your answer and I will have Gagger send the winner/s a stubby cooler*.

*Prize to be shipped by the Reds Membership team and likely be "lost", you might get it for the start of next season.

I think he will be announced as leaving to take on new opportunities in Round 10 after a 2 win 8 loss start to the season.

He will become coach of Toulon about the time the memberships arrive. (mine finally arrived yesterday, I was charged for it on Dec 9 last year)

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Talking about stuff getting lost. Anyone got their hat or shirt yet?

I sent an email to the Reds on Sunday Night asking if their lack of delivery of services that had been paid for was a sign on pending insolvency.

On Monday I called the Reds and said that I had sent an email and was still waiting for my membership and hat. I did not mention my name at this point and the girl who answered called me by name and said she would send it straight away. On Tuesday morning I received my membership (toddler membership for daughter) and received the card, shirt and backpack. Delivered by a courier.

I called on Tuesday to tell the Reds that I did not think I should have received the backpack as i did not think it was part of the package, I offered to send it back but was told to keep it as it was part of the pack but not mentioned on the website. I had not received the hat I was charged for and I think the backpack was an error they did not want to admit to. The girl I spoke to said she would send a hat in the mail personally.

On Wednesday I received a hat in the mail.

On Friday I received another hat by courier!

I hope the stuff ups behind the scenes are not played out on the pitch

T

TOCC

Out of curiosity i decided to pull up the Championship team from 2011 and player, "where are they now"

St.George Reds team to play Crusaders
1. Ben Daley (Reds)
2. Saia Fainga'a (Reds)
3. Greg Holmes (Reds)
4. Rob Simmons (Reds)
5. James Horwill (c) (Harlequins-UK)
6. Scott Higginbotham (NEC Green Rockets-Japan)
7. Beau Robinson (Harlequins-UK)
8. Radike Samo (Retired)
9. Will Genia (vc) (Stade Francais-France)
10. Quade Cooper (Toulon-France)
11. Digby Ioane (Honda Heat-Japan)
12. Ben Tapuai (Force)
13. Anthony Fainga'a (Reds)
14. Rod Davies (Biarittz-France)
15. Jono Lance (Force)

16. James Hanson (Rebels)
17. Guy Shepherdson (Retired)
18. Adam Wallace-Harrison (Retired)
19. Jake Schatz (Reds)
20. Liam Gill (Reds)
21. Ian Prior (Force)
22. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)

So from the squad of 22, 7 are still at the Reds, 3 have retired, 7 have gone overseas, 4 have moved interstate and 1 returned to the NRL.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I feel for the membership guys. I got my hat and shirt today 2 weeks after they said they sent them.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Aust Posts new delivery timelines?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I feel for the membership guys. I got my hat and shirt today 2 weeks after they said they sent them.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Aust Posts new delivery timelines?

Sending packages by Aust Post in December is not going to result in speedy delivery though a month within a state is silly. Plus not many organisations I deal with use Aust Post for parcels, surely the Reds should have a courier service on the books for documents as well as parcels?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Sending packages by Aust Post in December is not going to result in speedy delivery though a month within a state is silly. Plus not many organisations I deal with use Aust Post for parcels, surely the Reds should have a courier service on the books for documents as well as parcels?
My memberships got lost for over a month as well. The impression I got from them about that was the dispatch center let them down. Not sure what that means other than perhaps a few boxes of those foil envelopes got stacked in a corner and forgotten?

T

TOCC

Well if its true the dispatcher failed them, then thats possible.

A friend of mine runs an online clothing store, initially they did all the dispatching from their own house, but eventually as demand grew they outsourced and paid a logistical/dispatch company to do all the packaging for them, basically its a giant warehouse with sections allocated to different companies with all their products barcoded. Orders come in, these get sent to the logistical company, they pack the order and it gets dispatched.

I imagine the Reds would be in a similar boat, paying a logistical company to dispatch all their membership packages.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
image.jpeg

It's not as though the membership team are rushed off their feet

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
So who is responsible for this rabble now?

Graham clearly isn't. Because he's not been held accountable for this same stuff for the past two seasons. Herbert?
I don't know.

It just seems like we've spent the entire off season practicing all of the crap that hasn't worked for the past two seasons.
What about this far reaching high performance review they (Richard) did at the end of last season?! Surely that must've identified the crap that we were (or weren't) doing last season that needed to be changed but it seems like nothing has changed. Nothing.

Fuck it's like watching my loyal dog being slowly strangled before my eyes and not being able to do a single thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.