• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Chronic pain from the neck is no joke. It can be very disabling. People have stepped away from less because of it. Hopefully Rod's condition can be effectively treated.

Also hopeful that Frawley will do a good job and Carmichael displays better leadership and public relations than his most recent efforts.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Chronic pain from the neck is no joke. It can be very disabling. People have stepped away from less because of it. Hopefully Rod's condition can be effectively treated.

Also hopeful that Frawley will do a good job and Carmichael displays better leadership and public relations than his most recent efforts.

I dont think anyone here is diss'ing this injury. It wont stop RG and "pain in the neck" jocularity though.

Vale Rod. Anyone willing to put in for the Reds is someone to respect.

But if the power of Reds politics is stepping toward getting more decissive with our HC, well the ramifications are not all bad.

All the best that bloke. Frawley steps into a fulcrum that is important to many of us here. All the best to Frawley too.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone with that much negative public sentiment weighing on their shoulders has got to be in pain and the best thing to do is step aside. I wish him well and a healthy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well putting aside the RG thing, Slaughter got Link to the Reds and got JC to the Reds, when we needed both badly. We won a premiership in a few year period produced some of the best rugby I've seen.

So thanks Rod. You've been a great asset to QLD Rugby.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Didn't Frawley spend a few years in Sydney learning his trade? Suspect that time will serve him well..... :rolleyes:

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
6 is a lot, that's a 100% improvement on 2015. A couple of injuries and we are stuffed.

Just one injury required to stuff the chicken. Liam Gill with stress fractures in his back. And they reckon four weeks to recover. What are they smoking?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
apparently Lolo is out for the season. Hamstring off bone. Terrible news on the back of Adam Korzcyk as well.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Well putting aside the RG thing, Slaughter got Link to the Reds and got JC to the Reds, when we needed both badly. We won a premiership in a few year period produced some of the best rugby I've seen.

So thanks Rod. You've been a great asset to QLD Rugby.

Reg you forgot to mention his biggest master-stroke of getting you to the Reds. I note how they win when you are there and aren't so good since you left. ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
These loose forward injuries are starting to sound long term. If Gill is not 4 weeks but longer life looks a tad interesting.

I'm OK with Browning, Tui, Schatz, Gunn for game day. Prefer Gill in that roster of course, but I'm OK with the four. But it's not enough for the squad.

Can either Matwijou or (Lukhan) Tui deputise in the loose? If not what are the other options in Brisbane?

Does anyone have a likely return date for Korczyk?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree BH. At a pinch Simmo has played there before, but I reckon Benny Mats is the man otherwise I'd consider Luke Beachamp from club rugby who was a fantastic worker for Brisbane City.

But Hendrick Tui is the man to start, we're just looking for depth off the bench.

Reactions: dru

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Slaughter did some great things for QLD Rugby.

Objectively he also did some shit things IMO. The protection of RG from getting the flick and the reasons for doing so were disgraceful. He should have been decisive in August 2015 (when RG's contract expired)

I like the bloke and hope his health problems improve.

Personally I think he wasn't prepared to stay in the position when RG DOES get moved on.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gunn getting to start may be a good for the long term. If Gill was fit Gunn would only be from the bench.

Next season we need to replace Gill and I assume the plan is for it to be Gunn.

I dont think anyone seriously thinks we will win the season so maybe this is the rebuilding year that gives us a bunch of 19-24 year olds a chance to get some experience and then win from next year forward.

I just hope they can be well coached by the assistants this season and then succeed under a new coach next year.

I hate to give up on the season but have to find some positives.

RG was on the news saying the fans want to see the team to do their best. I wanted them to win some games but if the coach wont say this then why should I?

I am very excited to see our young guys make their names, this season could be the equivalent of watching Slipper, Genia, Cooper and Simmons etc making their names

Status
Not open for further replies.