• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Floggn' has been pretty accurate in the past by my memory. Obviously has a connection close to Ballymore HQ.

Will be interesting to see if this one is true and how it plays out.

Certainly crazytown leading into week one of Super Rugby!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The mind stays sharp when the plasticity of the brain is maintained. Brain plasticity refers back to the brain's ability to constantly amendment over the course of a person's lifetime. And this plasticity will be maintained — and higher yet, improved — by partaking in cognitive coaching exercises, that challenge your intellectual capability. Write initial. If you are feeling emotionally charged, you will want to jot down what you are feeling to assist gain clarity before you speak out.>>>>>http://supplementstip.com/addarillin/

Straight from the RG team talk back-catalogue?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
If the rumour regarding Jim C comes true, I would imagine the financials to be presented at the AGM are not too good.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Remember in 2013, Saders at Suncorp and we were up at half time by 1 or 2. The Saders came out and put 30 on us in the second half. We were scratching our heads as to what Woody's half time sermon could have possibly been to sink us so bad.

I think this is it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Remember in 2013, Saders at Suncorp and we were up at half time by 1 or 2. The Saders came out and put 30 on us in the second half. We were scratching our heads as to what Woody's half time sermon could have possibly been to sink us so bad.

I think this is it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
He has the best half time talks I have ever seen, only problem is, his doing it for the other team.. Every time I think they are in with a shot, he takes them into the sheds and reminds them they aren't suppose to win..

There is something wrong at the Red's with all the people leaving (if JC is going too)..

Tomorrow could be a sad sight..

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Can confirm on those rumours concerning Jim Carmichael, not yet settled however he is on the verge of moving on. Apparently won't be the last member too... seems that it's only a matter of time for RG.

Quite poor to resign him then only to plan his exit at the start of the super rugby season. What's going on at Ballymore HQ?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can confirm on those rumours concerning Jim Carmichael, not yet settled however he is on the verge of moving on. Apparently won't be the last member too. seems that it's only a matter of time for RG.

Quite poor to resign him then only to plan his exit at the start of the super rugby season. What's going on at Ballymore HQ?

Player unrest, Gill leaving.. Or have they signed Moore with Fisher coming in... something stinks and I for one hate it.. There is a lot of good talent at the Red's and they aren't getting the grooming they deserve..

T

TOCC

Fisher rumours are just that as far as I'm aware..

From what I've heard on the player front, it hasn't improved over the off season, a few players have their managers putting feelers out in Europe.

As for RG, Frawley isn't going to make any quick decisions, unless the Reds are receiving 50 point thrashings then Frawley will take his time to establish a contingency plan and find a replacement before sacking RG.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Why now? First week of the season and the place is in turmoil. I appreciate the good they did at times but the board will be remembered equally for the fall from grace. Some amazing players have been moved on as a result of management decisions. Did they let the on field success get to their heads and take to much recognition for some brilliant coaching and some prodigious talent?

Reactions: gel
T

TOCC

Well if the Reds are going to announce that they are sacking RG then they'd better announce a replacement at the same time.. Whether that be Stiles, O'Connor or someone external.

Does Stiles want to inherit a squad down on confidence with an RG coaching hangover? Possibly, but he would probably want more then to just be the interim coach, very few coaches have taken over squads once the seasons begun and had successful win rates.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have come up with a big positive thought leading into tonight's game.

The Reds last lost a Super Rugby game on 13th June 2015

The Waratahs last lost a Super Rugby game on 27th June 2015

The Brumbies last lost a Super Rugby game on 27th June 2015

This means that the Reds have gone longer without losing than both the Tahs and the Brumbies. This may or may not be the KPI that kept RG in employment

I will wear my Reds jersey all day today to celebrate being undefeated all of this season

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why?

*edit* just read the article.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...m/news-story/fb41fa6169c78110f951ede4238ee138

Interesting perspective. But wrong.

From behind the paywall...................

"chairman Damien Frawley has declared he does not intend to scuttle the Super Rugby season before it has even started and will not rush any decision on the future of Reds coach Richard Graham.

Frawley was brought in as interim chairman until the QRU board can confirm him on March 19, replacing Rod McCall who had been in the chair since 2009. Increasingly, it had been looking as though McCall would not survive what is shaping to be a contentious annual general meeting and the succession plan had to be implemented one year earlier.

The expectation is that Frawley will be an agent of change, but indications are he will get his feet under the table before he begins making changes.

But speaking from Los Angeles yesterday, Frawley said he would not be doing what most people expected of him. “Most people would have thought new chairman, new world order, out with the coach and everything will be fixed. But it’s not that simple,” Frawley said. “There might come a point through the season where we (he and Graham) might need to have a ‘come to Jesus’ conversation, but that’s a little way off yet. Let’s get off his back and give him a chance to succeed.

“The reality is that we committed to Richard as coach last year. I’ll sit down with him when I get home and see how he’s going, but I think we need to take our time with it. I’m not going to come in and do anything straight away. The last thing that I want to do is derail the season before the season has even started. We need to give it a little time to see how it pans out.”

Certainly any initial discussion he has with Graham will focus on the team and its culture.

It may well be that wins and losses might not be the best indicator of how much the team is putting in but certainly all eyes will be studying how the team fares when it is behind. Any dropping of heads, any fall-off in urgency could have major repercussions for the coach — and indeed for the players.

“There are a young, inexperienced team,” he said. “But it really does seem to be a more unified culture now than there was in the last year or so. Culture is something that, if there is a change for the better, can quickly produce results. You only have to look at how far the Wallabies came in 12 months.”

Frawley is certain to concentrate on how the drop-off in Reds membership has impacted on the bottom line.

“The code is not big enough, the code is not financially stable enough to have all these different agendas,” he said. “One thing I am keen to do is to reset the clock with our membership, with clubs and with the schools. There has been a bit of negativity towards the organisation, unfortunately.”

"It is understood Frawley was not entirely happy with the way the Reds conducted an internal review last year, nor with the process that saw Graham reappointed as coach. “There was a lot of rumour and innuendo about that,” he admitted. “We have very vigorous debate about a lot of things in that review, but at the end of the day we as a board needed to unilaterally line up behind the decision.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
"It is understood Frawley was not entirely happy with the way the Reds conducted an internal review last year, nor with the process that saw Graham reappointed as coach. “There was a lot of rumour and innuendo about that,” he admitted. “We have very vigorous debate about a lot of things in that review, but at the end of the day we as a board needed to unilaterally line up behind the decision.

He has my support with this one paragraph, it is almost like he understands what the supporters are thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.