• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
He has my support with this one paragraph, it is almost like he understands what the supporters are thinking

Or it raises the issue if he was so quick to fall in line with one of the worst decisions in Australian sport, is he able to lead a board committed to making the tough calls to make the Reds a force again.

From what people have said here it seems like Frawley will be a step up, and I'm hoping he is, but that quote is BS. You can't support something then come out later and say "not my fault, nothing I could do".

There is also a whole other issue that if there was, in fact, vigorous debate and you couldn't convince others that Graham was not the man (with the worst record ever of any Aussie coach and a 2 year span only rivalled by some Lions and Cats teams), how are you going to lead a fractured board? (which all Reds boards are).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Or it raises the issue if he was so quick to fall in line with one of the worst decisions in Australian sport, is he able to lead a board committed to making the tough calls to make the Reds a force again.

From what people have said here it seems like Frawley will be a step up, and I'm hoping he is, but that quote is BS. You can't support something then come out later and say "not my fault, nothing I could do".

There is also a whole other issue that if there was, in fact, vigorous debate and you couldn't convince others that Graham was not the man (with the worst record ever of any Aussie coach and a 2 year span only rivalled by some Lions and Cats teams), how are you going to lead a fractured board? (which all Reds boards are).

his record, at the Reds at least, is better than Eddie Jones and Phil Mooney.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
RG is completely incompetent. That is a known.

There are plenty if instances where coaches have been replaced during a season and in some cases it's worked out well - in others not so well. That is an unknown.

The decision is simple - you take the chance in an interim coach (even if it's a player Ffs) and get the players out from under his influence.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
I'm still kind of dumbfounded by the quality (or lack thereof) of the roster at the Reds this season. Surely they must only be using something like 60-70% of the salary cap?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
To be fair to RG his teams always seem to start the season in exactly the same place: he is consistent.
I reckon the Tahs are getting off the ground and back in the line 50% quicker than the Reds.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The mind stays sharp when the plasticity of the brain is maintained. Brain plasticity refers back to the brain's ability to constantly amendment over the course of a person's lifetime. And this plasticity will be maintained — and higher yet, improved — by partaking in cognitive coaching exercises, that challenge your intellectual capability. Write initial. If you are feeling emotionally charged, you will want to jot down what you are feeling to assist gain clarity before you speak out.>>>>>http://supplementstip.com/addarillin/
Google SPONSOR
rgrahamaddarill_zpsfthaech4.png

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Dick was the skills coach of our national team for a couple of years wasn't he? So what's his excuse for the piss poor handling and passing in front of the man the Reds have?

Just amazing that a skill set he's meant to have brought to an organisation is just woefully non existent.

Serge

Fred Wood (13)
Not sure what RG sees in McIntyre as he offers very little in constructing any useful attack options. His performance tonight was no better and as a previous commentator noted he is more of a distributor than a playmaker, although even his distribution can often be at or behind his intended receiver rather than in front. Without some decent playmaking options in our inside backs we will be in for a very long season with hard one set piece ball being squandered.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
RG is completely incompetent. That is a known.

There are plenty if instances where coaches have been replaced during a season and in some cases it's worked out well - in others not so well. That is an unknown.

The decision is simple - you take the chance in an interim coach (even if it's a player Ffs) and get the players out from under his influence.

Week 5, Liam Fucking Gill captain coach

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would love a Reds fans 3,2,1 for each game for our players.

I think there is only a 3,2,1 for the games on this forum including both teams.

I want a points system for just our guys.

Is there any simple way of having our own points system for Reds fans?

I am more than happy to collate the numbers if everyone wants to PM me their points for the game. If they are sent to me I will definitely see them, if they are posted in this thread I might miss your post!

I will add them up during the week and make them ready before the next round.

Is anyone interested in doing this?

Send me your numbers!

For me
3 Hendrik Tui
2 Holmes
1 Hunt

I will repost this over the net week to try to capture most of the Red fans.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^
So what's his left arm doing then, the one on Fainga'a's back? And you can't even see where his right arm is? Just looks like a cleanout.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That was a shocker. I remembered seeing it (late, off the ball, in from the side, into Saia's back and from my view at the time, sans arms) and thinking, the TMO will call this back, Skelton could be getting a yellow here. But instead I watched the Tahs break out down field and score. This was the try that came after the questionable knock on or not try. So frustrating!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If there were "no arms" why is his arm in contact with the player? If he drives in with the shoulder and his arm (the only one we can see) is in contact, it is still using arms.
If it's a cleanout, is timing an issue (i.e. late or not) and does it need to be "on the ball" as it is not a tackle? If Fainga'a is in the breakdown in the way he can be cleaned out, no? I think different situations are being mixed up here.
It may well be from the side, but I suspect that's not why you're frothing.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
That was a shocker. I remembered seeing it (late, off the ball, in from the side, into Saia's back and from my view at the time, sans arms) and thinking, the TMO will call this back, Skelton could be getting a yellow here. But instead I watched the Tahs break out down field and score. This was the try that came after the questionable knock on or not try. So frustrating!!

There seemed to be a few questionable instances, and decisions / non-decisions. My initial reaction when i saw the above live was the same as yours; no arms, late and from the side, It seem to a trait that has crept in to Tahs game.

My other favorites was the 2 Tahs players not only cleaning beyond the ruck, but then holding the jerseys of the Reds players to stop them getting back to the break down, and the not so subtle step on to a Reds player who is on the ground a metre or so away from the ruck but conveniently in the way as the player makes his way to the breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.