• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I hope this works. A crude video off my TV. Make your own mind up but it was a pretty classic Skelton cheap shot.

T

TOCC

Yeah that's definitely worthy of a penalty and possibly a YC, coming in from the side and no arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Google SPONSOR[/
rgrahamaddarill_zpsfthaech4.png
[/CENTER]

Judging from your posts, Monsieur Pillock, Addarillin must be a trade name for Ketamine.

Yes yes, I know: 'wake me when the Reds fuckin' win a game.' I suspect you'll need to be in an enormous K-hole before that happens, judging by tonight's performance.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I hope this works. A crude video off my TV. Make your own mind up but it was a pretty classic Skelton cheap shot.

That is a yellow card any day of the week. Angus Gardiner had a poor game IMO. To send Talakai off for not getting back 10 meters for foul play (not letting Lucas score) but to leave the conisistant scrum penalties occur even with a man down was incredible. To not award a penalty try during the last bit of the game was ridiculous.

Waratahs set piece will simply not win them the crown this season, The Reds absolutely eniliated them and to good to uncontested scrums was a pre game plan with Ryan to start at LHP & Taavao to start at THP.

The Reds will come close to upset them in three weeks time

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
There seemed to be a few questionable instances, and decisions / non-decisions. My initial reaction when i saw the above live was the same as yours; no arms, late and from the side, It seem to a trait that has crept in to Tahs game.

My other favorites was the 2 Tahs players not only cleaning beyond the ruck, but then holding the jerseys of the Reds players to stop them getting back to the break down, and the not so subtle step on to a Reds player who is on the ground a metre or so away from the ruck but conveniently in the way as the player makes his way to the breakdown.

Mostly Skelton, he has always been a cheap shot merchant. I have always wondered if he can fight. He seems to rely on being huge to do this type of stuff and I wonder if someone stood up to him whether he would act so tough.

Reactions: mst

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I must say I thought the Reds did better than expected last night. I think they were unlucky with some calls but that comes from urgency and the Tah's were more urgent than the Reds. I didn't see footage of Hooper putting the ball down and it looked to me like a Reds player was in the way but the ref was in the best spot so will give them that. The second try was obviously from a Tah's knock on.

The scrum was really good and I liked the work of a few players. Hunt gave a performance that I have been expecting for a while. Nabuli showed a glimpse of what he could do. Frisby lifted his game in the second half and pulled the team with him. Tui seems like he can have and impact as well. Holmes has set the platform for THP's in the country and was impressive especially when we were down a player.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
10 points is your problem.
That won't win many games in this comp.
Apart from the odd penalty try from a dominant scrum,it's not really obvious where you could have got the extra points required to win a game of footy.
Hard times for Reds fans.....

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Goromaru will provide plenty of points. He will start from this week I think and we will take every shot on offer to put pressure on the other team. Might not be pretty but we have few options at the moment.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I must say I thought the Reds did better than expected last night. I think they were unlucky with some calls but that comes from urgency and the Tah's were more urgent than the Reds. I didn't see footage of Hooper putting the ball down and it looked to me like a Reds player was in the way but the ref was in the best spot so will give them that. The second try was obviously from a Tah's knock on.

The scrum was really good and I liked the work of a few players. Hunt gave a performance that I have been expecting for a while. Nabuli showed a glimpse of what he could do. Frisby lifted his game in the second half and pulled the team with him. Tui seems like he can have and impact as well. Holmes has set the platform for THP's in the country and was impressive especially when we were down a player.

That's what I thought initially but there was an angle showing a hard with wrist strapping touching the ball. The only player involved in that action with wrist strapping was CFS.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
CFS has to do better with those opportunities. There aren't going to be many

I lost my faith in CFS a long time ago, he was an exciting prospect but needs to show what he can do asap.

I think I started to question his rugby thinking more than anything, he has poor body position into contact and I will never forget him receiving a pass while a metre over the sideline for the Wallabies.

I think he was lucky to be so bloody huge as a kid and never needed to know how to go into contact, he just used his size. He should have rolled over Beale last night but appeared to slow and stand straight for the hit.

He needs to show some skills fast to stay in the team as Goromaru will get into the starting team and someone will miss out. Added to this if and when we get a new coach he is going to want to make it his team and may look at personnel changes.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That is a yellow card any day of the week. Angus Gardiner had a poor game IMO. To send Talakai off for not getting back 10 meters for foul play (not letting Lucas score) but to leave the conisistant scrum penalties occur even with a man down was incredible. To not award a penalty try during the last bit of the game was ridiculous.

Waratahs set piece will simply not win them the crown this season, The Reds absolutely eniliated them and to good to uncontested scrums was a pre game plan with Ryan to start at LHP & Taavao to start at THP.

The Reds will come close to upset them in three weeks time

Skelton has been given an off field yellow card by the citing commissioner.

The series of scrum penalties late in the game were all for different things against different players. There was never really a scrum where the Reds were driving forward with any momentum that a pushover try looked likely so I don't think you're likely to see a penalty try given in that situation.

A pushover try or penalty try would have been likely after the yellow card but they had to move to uncontested scrums so it couldn't happen.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fuck that. Off field yellow. Wonderful! I feel so vindicated. Particularly considering that the incident occurred during a play that the Tahs scored from.

The rest of your comments about the final scrums are just plainly inaccurate. We were driving forward on all but one scrum and were only halted when the Tahs infringed.

The move to uncontested scrums was the nail in the coffin. Just ridiculous that with an entire reserve front row that a scrum can be uncontested. The fact that the them going uncontested stopped the Reds from scoring an all but certain try and thereby saving the Tahs bonus point is reprehensible.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The rest of your comments about the final scrums are just plainly inaccurate. We were driving forward on all but one scrum and were only halted when the Tahs infringed.

The move to uncontested scrums was the nail in the coffin. Just ridiculous that with an entire reserve front row that a scrum can be uncontested. The fact that the them going uncontested stopped the Reds from scoring an all but certain try and thereby saving the Tahs bonus point is reprehensible.

Really? Which of those scrums was moving particularly far towards the try line that it looked like there might be pushover try?

One penalty was against Ryan and another against Tilse. Then Tilse was penalised again and yellow carded.

The other props had left the field injured. Of course it favoured the Waratahs greatly not to bring one of them back on but that was entirely within their rights to do that. It's not like there was a fresh reserve prop on the bench. Every team would have done the same thing in that situation.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Skelton has been given an off field yellow card by the citing commissioner.

The series of scrum penalties late in the game were all for different things against different players. There was never really a scrum where the Reds were driving forward with any momentum that a pushover try looked likely so I don't think you're likely to see a penalty try given in that situation.

A pushover try or penalty try would have been likely after the yellow card but they had to move to uncontested scrums so it couldn't happen.

Gardiner said the same thing to Simmons.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Fuck that. Off field yellow. Wonderful! I feel so vindicated. Particularly considering that the incident occurred during a play that the Tahs scored from.

Just ridiculous that a Captain doesn't have the sense to take stock and see that Ta'avao was substituted for headknock and broken nose (ie genuine injury) and Robinson was sent from the field to the head & blood bin with obvious blood that was still leaking after treatment (ie genuine injury) and didn't come back on the field before the 10 minute blood bin expired. So two props removed from play genuinely (and Robinson after about 10 minutes of play). Another prop rightly sent to the bin and Simmons says we'll have a scrum. How is that the Tahs problem? Sounds like Simmons is getting ready to move to England and play for scrums and penalties. Why not go for a try with your dominant lineout? Ah that's right, inability to break the ad line regardless of how many phases you run even if against 14, (hang on that sounds like Wales).

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Like most people I had thoughts while watching that it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I thought the Tahs were very poor and basically like an average schoolboy side didn't turn up in the second half knowing the game was already over.

The most damning aspect of that game was the statistics. We dominated the game. We had 60%+ possession and territory, we won the penalty count, we put together more 7+ phases but we still lost by 20 points.

I know we have a new whiz bang defense coach this year but we missed 21 tackles while only making 70.

The biggest positive about last night is we don't play the Brumbies until round 15. Hopefully, they lose for or pick up a bunch of injuries before then because it would have been scary would they would have done to us. They put 50 on the 'Canes who only missed 12 tackles, while only having 52% possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.