• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

What a clusterf*&^. Management must be completely and utterly bereft of any idea of what they are doing, re-appoint RG and then sack him after 2 games??? I bet there will be a long queue of highly skilled coaches lining up for some more of that!

Best thing that could happen is merging with one of the other franchises.

T

TOCC

the Roar? they share training facilities.

Nah Roar moved out over 18months ago and just signed a deal with Logan City Council and Griffith Uni to develop a new base in Logan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Really TOCC?

The whole premise of what he has said, and done since last season with regard to this matter is offensive to somebody interested in transparent competent administration. .

Yes mate it's just a question..
what role did Herbert have in the reappointment of RG?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
IS, not sure if he close to any of reds players, just stick by my opinion he has done nothing to warrant being a Super head coach. If the players have to be told what attitude to have Reds have got wrong players!!

T

TOCC

I feel sorry for Graham, whilst I have been critical of his decisions and inability to get the Reds to play winning rugby, I can't say I dislike the bloke, and I think he has genuine passion for QLD Rugby and it's a a little sad to see anyone get sacked from a job they love..

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
The problem might be that with such a young group we have not established that Reds identity that comes from being around the old hands and many of them have moved on, we need the players like Sliper, Simons, Anthony Fainga'a etc to mentor these boys and build a team. To me there seems to be a lack of genuine cohesion, it's not just about your ability to play the game, because on paper we have the stats, it's about understanding each other like QC (Quade Cooper) and Genia understood each other that we are lacking. If we can just keep the players that we have, the likes of Liam Gill etc and build a team. It might take a season or 2 maybe 3 but stick with what you got, bleed in a few youngsters and we can be great again.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I don't get why people are trying to lay some blame on Carmichael (who serves and reports to the board) or Herbert (who's been ion the job for 5 minutes).

The decision to hire and fire the coach sits squarely with the board, and it's pretty clear that Rod Mccall and whoever the other 4 members of the 9 person board who kept Graham after the review and reapplication process have to take the lions share of blame for the situation the team is in.

It's absolutely no coincidence that as soon as the chair left, RG went too.

If the rumours are true, the bulk of RG's backers on the board won't be in the position after the AGM

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From what I hear Carmichael was getting involved in the rugby department pretty early on in his tenure.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not a fan. I wonder if it would have so pissed off one if the other was appointed as an interim coach? If it was the case them perhaps both Stiles and MOC should've kept their roles and Brad Thorn was named Head Coach / Manager (ala English footy) with the ultimate decision made by him.

Anyway, we should know the way forward in 3-4 months.

Cheers, Reg. It seemed like short term thinking to me. Really hoping this settles rather than digs deeper. 3-4 months? It'll have to do.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
They're talentless soft touches who can't even show aggression let alone controlled aggression. Reds need some mongrel back.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reds fans are delusional as well. I wouldn't want either Fainga'a near any young player.
Thanks for your assessment I'll mention it to my shrink the next time I see him. I was making reference to the older players and please excuse me for not knowing their personal qualities but if the older players have no interest in passing on the culture and team spirit then why are they there and why are we allowing Liam Gill to leave from all reports he is respected on and off the field.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I don't get why people are trying to lay some blame on Carmichael (who serves and reports to the board) or Herbert (who's been ion the job for 5 minutes).

The decision to hire and fire the coach sits squarely with the board, and it's pretty clear that Rod Mccall and whoever the other 4 members of the 9 person board who kept Graham after the review and reapplication process have to take the lions share of blame for the situation the team is in.

It's absolutely no coincidence that as soon as the chair left, RG went too.

If the rumours are true, the bulk of RG's backers on the board won't be in the position after the AGM

Stewth, I've seen no particular theme as you are suggesting, but we all have our sensitivites and this scenario will test them.

Carmichael has publicly supported this charade for months and only on the last couple of days made statements like "I supported a decission which was necessary". Its not the fans fault if the transparency that is in the Reds policy failed. Like FAILED.

With Herbert, as far as I can tell, he was responsible for introducing MOC. Something I applauded at the time, though having a touch understanding of the complications. This Co Interim Head Coach disaster, I have no idea who is responsible, but it's a piss poor result. Stiles clearly should have Reds backing. MOC in the mix, as Co-the-man, is a problem.

We can expect at least a Round 2 from that decission. It better not wreck Stiles, or many Red fans will find it hard to get back on board. I think.

But what would I know. I'm only on the recieving end of this smorgasbord of crap. If the Reds are thinking other than they are publishing, how the fuck am I meant to know?

Tar the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.