• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Thanks for your assessment I'll mention it to my shrink the next time I see him. I was making reference to the older players and please excuse me for not knowing their personal qualities but if the older players have no interest in passing on the culture and team spirit then why are they there and why are we allowing Liam Gill to leave from all reports he is respected on and off the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no team culture which is why the Reds have freefalled since 2011. It was a team of average and individual players who fluked it for one season before everyone's ego got the better of them.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The Reds are already on the mend. RG's announcement was always going to come this season however it came sooner rather than later.

A source has information that the Reds have gone into the player market early to secure the signatures of a few departing Ex-Reds linked to a possible return to Ballymore.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Stiles clearly should have Reds backing. MOC in the mix, as Co-the-man, is a problem.

Anyone know what sort of bloke MOC is? is he the sort of guy that can get the young reds believing in themselves, dare I say, enough to even win a game? I trust stiles to do this, he always seems and good bloke, will MOC do the job?

Ben Smith

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just seen the press conference from after the Force game.

Stunning to see not only RG but Simmons sit there bemused at getting no 'reward' from their set piece dominance.. to quote Simmons 'no points, no cards.. nothing' whilst both reiterate that they may have to look at doing something else there! Gee how about recycling the ball into play and trying to play some rugby. They way they sit there shocked that this isn't winning games (or coming close) is really twisted.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just seen the press conference from after the Force game.

Stunning to see not only RG but Simmons sit there bemused at getting no 'reward' from their set piece dominance.. to quote Simmons 'no points, no cards.. nothing' whilst both reiterate that they may have to look at doing something else there! Gee how about recycling the ball into play and trying to play some rugby. They way they sit there shocked that this isn't winning games (or coming close) is really twisted.

It's really all we have though.

Woopsie

Peter Burge (5)
There are people in the Reds front office who need to be called into account for their part in the demise of Graham. Or more importantly, their lack of contribution towards his and the teams success.

However, I feel that they will fly underneath the radar of the internet forums until people start to view that the current playing roster is not up to competing at this level consistently. There has been too much winning experience and talent that has been left to simply walk out the door. If they left because of the coach, then the front of house needs to tender their resignations for their lack of action.

It is a fact that losing becomes a habit, just like winning. Reds will be "rebuilding" for a few more seasons yet. Yes, there is youth there that will grow, but, will they grow into players who are simply used to losing at this level?

If you have an honest look at the roster, there are maybe 6 or 7 that if fully fit would be considered for a Wallaby squad, with only 3 or 4 with a realistic chance of making game day 23 and they're all forwards.

• Greg Holmes is headed to Exeter next season, so is calling time on his Wallaby career, given he only has 30 odd caps.
  • Goromaru; cannot be considered, off to Toulon?!?
  • Tui cannot be considered
  • Liam Gill; off to Toulon?

Yep, Stephen Moore is coming....., but......, with who? The roster has been left to wither and thus I believe that existing and experienced talent will need to be shipped in from elsewhere, rather than grown at least in the short to medium term. The QRU will need to pay overs to get them here, grown talent and the "elite" next genners will opt to leave,....and so the cycle continues for the next few years.

Graham wasn't and isn't the only one who should have had stones thrown at them.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Anyone know what sort of bloke MOC is? is he the sort of guy that can get the young reds believing in themselves, dare I say, enough to even win a game? I trust stiles to do this, he always seems and good bloke, will MOC do the job?

MOC has a similar coaching style to Chieka. Hard marker on his players and will find out those who can swim in the deep end. Great option IMO definitely along side Stiles.

The main problem with the Reds is experience, the recruitment has got to be better. Won't elaborate on names until it's confirmed information.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
So I guess the question is how long until we can compete and get into the finals?

I am guessing that the rest of 2016 will be trying to improve the skills of our current team and starting to plan what the team will play like moving into the future. I would imagine this will also revolve around recruiting to fill gaps in the team for players that will no longer be required.

My issue with this will be having a dual head coach position how do you decide who to keep and recruit. Just looking at this forum there are players in the team that are loved and also hated. Who gets the ultimate say in recruiting? If those new recruits do not work out does he coach blame the other coach and get an extension after a world wide search?

We need one coach and one person to take the responsibility for success and blame for failure.

I think 2017 will be the year of improvement and 2018 will be the first viable year to contend for the finals.

It will be a long haul and I hope it comes quicker but we need to be realistic, there is a lot of damage to be repaired.

My biggest hope out of all of this is that Liam Fucking Gill has a get out clause if a new coach runs the Reds and he is appointed captain this week.

I wonder if we can get a decent home crowd to stick it to the Reds and show that supporters are important. Imagine a 40000 crowd at the next game.

Ben Smith

Frank Nicholson (4)
It's really all we have though.

Does it matter that its all you have? It doesn't work... you just lost to a state that doesn't play rugby. Your number 1's have mustered 2 tries in 4 games of rugby (2 trials & 2 season games). If doing something different doesn't work it doesn't matter... you already know the status quo won't. Ring in some serious changes.

1. Sef Fa'agase
2. Andrew Ready
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. Caderyn Neville
6. Curtis Browing
7. Michael Gunn
8. Hendrick Tui
9. Scott Gale
10. Sam Greene
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Duncan Paia'aua
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Junior Laloifi
15. Karmichael Hunt

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
27,990 members as of this minute (3:15pm Queensland time)

Let's see what happens over the next days/weeks

I was thinking the same thing. Going by comments on here and on Facebook, there should be a few thousand Reds fans renewing their memberships as we speak! ;)

I genuinely feel sorry for RG but not sad to see him go. My hope is that in the not too distant future we look back at this game against the Force as our 'rock bottom'; the day we turned it around.

Good luck lads! Go you REDS!

#wearestillred

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does it matter that its all you have? It doesn't work. you just lost to a state that doesn't play rugby. Your number 1's have mustered 2 tries in 4 games of rugby (2 trials & 2 season games). If doing something different doesn't work it doesn't matter. you already know the status quo won't. Ring in some serious changes.

1. Sef Fa'agase
2. Andrew Ready
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. Caderyn Neville
6. Curtis Browing
7. Michael Gunn
8. Hendrick Tui
9. Scott Gale
10. Sam Greene
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Duncan Paia'aua
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Junior Laloifi
15. Karmichael Hunt
I don't think they'll go for quite that many changes.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Thor get a shot from the bench. We lack line breaking X-Factor. He has that.

And Laloifi or Kuridrani in for CFS until Chris remembers that he actually has arms and they can be used to fend away tacklers instead of always just trying to run through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.