• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Phil Mooney out of the equation due to his commitment at Brisbane Grammar School. Damon Emtage will soon leave for Melbourne this year after moving on as the coach of the BGS First XV, so they both seem to be out of the equation.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slow news day in Canberra.........

Brumbies 'confident' Queensland Reds won't poach coach Stephen Larkham

The Queensland Reds might have pinched their captain, but the ACT Brumbies are "confident" they won't pinch their coach as well.

The Reds sacked coach Richard Graham on Monday in the aftermath to Saturday's 22-6 loss to the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium.

Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham is off contract at the end of the season and has the Brumbies on top of the Super Rugby ladder and favourites for the title.

He also played a major role in the Wallabies making the World Cup final last year as Michael Cheika's backs coach.

It makes him an obvious Reds target to replace Graham.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/brumbies/brumbies-confident-queensland-reds-wont-poach-coach-stephen-larkham-20160307

Of course they're confident - there's a greater chance of Graham and Foley being appointed co-coaches for 2017.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds to sign Pocock and appoint Larkham as coach ;)

And the team is being relocated overseas.........

Cc7A3DpUUAAHOPT.jpg

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2016/03/07/15/31/qld-reds-to-part-with-graham

FFS Herbert is delusional. Have a look at his quotes in the attached article. The Matt Burke infection among past players is far more wide spread than many would like to believe when they move to associated roles after their playing days. Certain individuals run around with their head up their own asses thinking because they were a national of state rep they know all there is to know about the game. They have an immense arrogance and the "fan" is only there to pay the bills. For all their social media interaction they have shown their cards in this whole sorry business with Graham. People like Herbert, McCall and Cordingly (and others in official positions) have not stood up and done the right thing for the Reds and ultimately Graham. A large part of the lucid thinking fan base were pointing out the flaws in Graham's coaching before he left the Force and increasingly since then.

I feel very sorry for Graham in some aspects, it is very hard to give up your dream job when you are doing you best but still just failing abysmally. It is gut wrenching, but the decision should have been made last year at the absolute latest, to do this shows to me that the board and other involved officials are more interested in preserving their own appearance and fiefdoms than in truly doing their jobs. Yes Graham failed as a coach, but nothing this year is different to what it was last year, the poor bastard has been left to look the fool and be the fall guy for incompetent, self interested parties who allowed the situation to evolve as it has. This is a disgrace.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone who takes a passing interest in Queensland rugby would know the story of Graham's re-appointment. It's fair to say that the QRU will come out of this with egg on their faces. Sadly they do not have shareholders to face at the AGM.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Herbert also said other coaches who applied for the position during last year's review but weren't available at the time will be considered
Read more at http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2016/03/07/15/31/qld-reds-to-part-with-graham#S9yBtikg4iXcx6Ae.99
Wtf?
Who puts in an application if they are unavailable?

Maybe that's the only type of coach who would have applied to the reds given their predicament?
Its for the best, and I've been calling for it for a while, but I feel sorry for the guy.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Which quote in particular offended you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really TOCC?

Herbert said increasing public pressure didn't influence the decision, but rather the hollow feeling in the dressing rooms after the Force defeat that proved the team needed a "circuit-breaker" to bring them out of their malaise.
"There's no excuse at the weekend," Herbert told reporters.
"You just can't get away with that performance on the weekend, it was as bad as I've seen for a long time.
"Being in the dressing room afterwards, it was very flat as you'd expect.
"It's not just the result, it's the manner of which they went about their business. The players have to wear this, they didn't front up on the weekend.
"You just need to have change when those things happen."

The whole premise of what he has said, and done since last season with regard to this matter is offensive to somebody interested in transparent competent administration. When you examine the losses against the Tahs and the Force neither if which sides played any better than last year and actually in the case of the Tahs are fundamentally worse in many aspects such as set piece and handling, the Reds have performed true to their numbers (statistics) and I think you will find that the results are eerily similar to what was achieved last year. The Reds have been largely consistent in their underperformance (which is a big reason why I have objected to blaming the players, because regardless of who was in the run on results have been the same - except for a couple of games when Connolly came in and kicked some arse). So why do you think it took so long for the board to come to this amazing realisation and the team needed a "circuit breaker" even though a short sentence latter he is blaming the players even though the result and its manner as I've already surmised is in line with what has gone before.

As I said I find the arrogance and the clear abrogation of their responsibility in this whole matter offensive. Basically those in positions of control and review have set this bloke up to fail, he wasn't up to the job and that was clear to all (or at least to most whon't have their heads up their own posteriors), and now the poor bastard has had to face this situation just two games into the season when he could have saved some face and emotional wrecking by being told at the end of last season. That is what I find offensive.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry Reg, but why would you want Brad Thorn as head coach?? FFS he has said he doesn't want to coach, has no experience, and has d so one nothing to suggest he would be a good coach anyway, that is just chasing one bad decision with an even worse one!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sorry Reg, but why would you want Brad Thorn as head coach?? FFS he has said he doesn't want to coach, has no experience, and has d so one nothing to suggest he would be a good coach anyway, that is just chasing one bad decision with an even worse one!!

He's probably too close to the players but if some of his attitude rubbed off on them it would be no bad thing.

Frontfive

Frank Row (1)
Interim co-coaches??? QRU not satisfied with sacking the man they reappointed after their own review 6 months ago have stuffed it up even further- not wanting to hurt the feelings of Stiles or OConnor if the other was named interim HC?? I feel sorry for the players now who will prob be lobbied especially by MOC as he jockeys for popularity amongst the playing group to get the job when the HC position comes up. In years to come the QRU will be the ultimate case study for organisational management courses around the world on how quickly a once thriving high performance business can systematically be reduced to a pathetic, embarrassing rabble in a few short years through boardroom nepotism, disengagement with stakeholders and incompetance in key specific leadership positions.I imagine JCarmichal wont be far behind RG...?

Status
Not open for further replies.