• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Based on these financials, the Reds will be far worse off next year based on current crowds at game. Carmichael will be keen as to have new position locked down before then. The new CEO will be staring down a big loss before they even get their feet under the table. The decisions of the past board and CEO will haunt this club for sometime. We all need to go out and start buying tickets real quick. Never seen so many empty corporate boxes.

Next/this year the annual grant from the ARU has increased by $1million on the back of the new broadcast rights so that will offset the crowds a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So the claim starts with team morale is better without Will and Genia, noting we are at a morale nadir. Then it morphs to well they got up the Reds when they stuffed up. Then, well Quade wasnt as bad as Will.

Asking for input results with a 3s altercation from Quade, not at the Reds, in the Wallabies.

I'm just mot buying it. Rugby is a game that plays on passion, its going to get hairy on occassion. If Cheika can laugh off training fisticuffs, I feel quite comfortable that the lads would survive some harsh language.

Like some others, I dont think we need Will. Its nothing to do with this beat up, just that we already have "Will II" in the pipeline. Frisbey is playing himself back into his best form. That'll do me. Will as an understudy doesnt compute.

I understand that there is Cooper hate. Even among Reds fans, which is disappointing. But I'd definitely like him back. Leroy is an interesting suggestion too.

Intruder, as always, I'm enjoying your mail!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The biggest criticism from my understanding was that Genia and Cooper and particularly Genia would NEVER take the blame for anything that went wrong and took the credit when things went well.

Genia was quite "mouthy" to younger players. Quade no where near as bad.

This backs up what I remembered. That clip I shared wasn't an egregious example, but it was one that stood out to me and was easily accessible.

In that clip, Quade dresses down Simmons for pushing an offload when he wasn't in a position to. I'm a firm believer in Quade, but it seems the ultimate hypocrisy, doesn't it? Simmons identified an opportunity to get the play moving, but misread. He gets sprayed, on national television, by the King of inappropriate offloads.

Teams have spats, but I think they're signs of dysfunctionality, not leaders pushing for accuracy. JOC (James O'Connor) and Adam Thomson last year was a symptom of this.

I'm sure the players would love to see Quade and Will back, but I can't help but think they didn't add a whole heap to the team culture when they became senior players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Reds don't NEED genia. The time of the pickle has arrived (fucking great game from him last night). If Genia wants to return to the Reds, it would have to be on a salary commensurate to his value to the organization RIGHT NOW (not 3-4 years ago).

The pickle is doing well, and Genia MAY not be worth big dollars to the Reds. If that is unacceptable to him/his management then the deal should not be forced.
One game don't make him a star, hopefully he kicks on as he looked decent

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Full strength beer was on tap in the Fanatics bar last night so no more pouring your stubbies out into plastic cups. Happy days!

904ee3d41d3273694a1bab563af34e61.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
One game don't make him a star, hopefully he kicks on as he looked decent

No one game does not make a Star. For that matter Frisbey was nowhere near the full deal that he can be.

But we saw him from the bench last season, and we have seen a couple of seasons at NRC. If you are looking for a 9.5, with pace, and a tackle, good decission making, and communication skills with his pack... this bloke looks like he just might have the goods. Looks like he has something that a coach with rugby IQ can develop.

This one is a keeper.

Reds should be saying to Cheika and the ARU, "yes we support the return to Australia of Will, a Qld great. The position however is currently filled at the Reds, we would support ARU top up funds at another franchise."

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
No one game does not make a Star. For that matter Frisbey was nowhere near the full deal that he can be.

But we saw him from the bench last season, and we have seen a couple of seasons at NRC. If you are looking for a 9.5, with pace, and a tackle, good decission making, and communication skills with his pack. this bloke looks like he just might have the goods. Looks like he has something that a coach with rugby IQ can develop.

This one is a keeper.

Reds should be saying to Cheika and the ARU, "yes we support the return to Australia of Will, a Qld great. The position however is currently filled at the Reds, we would support ARU top up funds at another franchise."
Yeah I think Brumbies wouldnt want him either in two years Powell will be after Cubelli

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Will comes back I am guessing the Force will be the most likely place for him with Alby moving on this year.

I had a discussion with some one after the Force re the MacIntyre and the possible return of Quade. Love him or hate him (and most Reds fans have equal quantities of both) there is a reason why MacIntyre and Greene played well last year. Quade is actually a damn good mentor.

Would I like to see him back pointing the young blokes in the right direction and taking some pressure off them? Yep.

Would it work? Well that all depends on the coach. We then have to be careful that the said young blokes don't get discouraged and go else where...

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
So the claim starts with team morale is better without Will and Genia, noting we are at a morale nadir. Then it morphs to well they got up the Reds when they stuffed up. Then, well Quade wasnt as bad as Will.

Asking for input results with a 3s altercation from Quade, not at the Reds, in the Wallabies.

I'm just mot buying it. Rugby is a game that plays on passion, its going to get hairy on occassion. If Cheika can laugh off training fisticuffs, I feel quite comfortable that the lads would survive some harsh language.

Like some others, I dont think we need Will. Its nothing to do with this beat up, just that we already have "Will II" in the pipeline. Frisbey is playing himself back into his best form. That'll do me. Will as an understudy doesnt compute.

I understand that there is Cooper hate. Even among Reds fans, which is disappointing. But I'd definitely like him back. Leroy is an interesting suggestion too.

Intruder, as always, I'm enjoying your mail!
I'm not the only one to have noticed, clearly.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/sep/25/will-genia-wallabies-south-africa-argentina

That's an article I specifically remembered which summarised nicely what I had been noticing (and it doesn't matter about reds or wallabies, it was done for both teams and the effect was the same on those players who wore the brunt of disdain - underperformance).

I actually can't be bothered to find specific examples just to satisfy a minor difference of opinion on the internet, but if you feel particularly inclined to see if I'm right or not feel free to watch the reds matches of the last two years on youtube and fast forward to any incident where someone other than those two missed a tackle, dropped a pass or overran the ball.

Then for comparison watch the brumbies and tahs matches of the last seasons and how they respond in similar situations. They don't do it (Beale used to, but has stopped it last year).

(if you wish to put in as much effort as I have in finding the specific cases (I.e. None), then feel free to do that also of course - I wouldn't think anything less of anyone for that).

I really enjoy intruder's posts as well. They are succinct and often very accurate so is obviously better placed than I am as the mood of the players, and if he reckons they don't feel bad about it, then I am happy to listen to that as it carries greater weight them what I think.

Doesn't mean I won't continue to disagree though - I hate seeing that shit and whatever the players may think, I believe it negatively affects their performance.

The mood of the team (even with RG at the helm) was still quite good towards each other this year and I could see a sense of unity in the team I hadn't seen for a while.

I have repeatedly said I want both of them, just without that shit. There is no QC (Quade Cooper) hate from me. I think he is one of the greatest football brains I have ever seen. Genia is really good too.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Gel, this topic came to me as an honest bolt from the blue. Really not something that I had a whiff of over many years watching the Reds. I wasnt expecting a retrospective analysis, but I did think something that BIG would have been discussed here, maybe a blog, or I do t know. Something.

The hate from the general rugby world about Quade is an anathma. But when I see criticisms like that from a fellow Reds tragic, it sits me back. No I'm not simply dismissing.

I will find some time to go back and look through things, but yes, there is a very early limit to how much time I will spend.

And I get a difference of opinion. Feel the same. And I'm very comfortable settling in with true Reds fans, whatever their opinions.

I cant promise though, that it never confuses me.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Actually I've gone through Rajiv's artical. What a load of utter twaddle. He's a bloke that constantly attempts to to punch above his weight limit but fails with fact driving opinion. His own pointless view.

If that's it I'm definitely not going deeper into the topic.

And for crying out loud, We dont need Will back. Can we look to the BIG claim aspersions anout Quade?!? So far its dross and a diversion.

Bring the bloke back.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Frisby is back on track at 9. He got dicked around a lot last year remember. He is fine. Cooper we need back as he is that communicator we are lacking. Sure 2011 was his height of powers but since his career has been injury disturbed and not stringing lengthy game time has showed. I wouldn't be writing him off yet. He has the game to bring out the best in what is a talented backline.

Oh and at the hieght of his powers in 2011 he was outstanding behand a pack nowhere near as dominant as this one.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone can be hunky dory when they're fresh and not in stressful situations. It's when they're fatigued and under pressure that you see the real person.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pretty much every scrumhalf I've ever played with has been an arsehole on the field. I've been screamed at, shoved and berated with the best of them. Sometimes it was called for, other times it wasn't constructive at all and sometimes it was flat out out of line.

The thing is that all players can lose their cool and some do it more than others. The thing is though, that when two players are doing it to the extent that Quade and Will did sometimes, it stops being an individual issue and becomes a leadership group, playing group and coaching staff issue. If a player is crossing the line, someone should be checking them and pulling them back into line.

Some people are just jerks but.
daf9546f9c37348f8eb88d948762a51c.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The thing is though, that when two players are doing it to the extent that Quade and Will did sometimes,

I go back to where I started, but at this stage I'm starting to get annoyed at having to do this. With respect to Quade, back up your outrageous statement. Or back off.

PS a 3s vid, or anything outside of a Red jersey doesnt create anything in this discussion.

So far its complete fluff. Im starting to get annoyed. Like annoyed. Many aspersions, no detail, and honest its not helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.