• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I actually think Jake is developing in the role of a Super Rugby 10 at the expected, acceptable rate. There is however no doubt that he isn't much of a threat ball in hand and has a pop gun boot. I suspect that in the end Jake's ultimate ceiling will not be due to lacking an amount of skill, knowledge or courage but because he just isn't particularly physically gifted I.e not that strong and not that fast.

That said, I think he's doing an alright job and we should be wary of assuming that any 10 with "experience" will be a better option for 2017. Super Rugby is a different beast to any other comp in the world (as shown by the Jaguares and the Brumbies this past week).

Any kind of experience is not the same as Super Rugby experience

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
We went to the same school if that helps (he was two years ahead), but no skin off my nose.

He was in Kingsley house, which was one of 16 at the time just as a piece of info I couldn't make up.

But yeah, I'm sure you all know better.

Go Richmond!

I was in Schonell..until they canned it with the others..

T

TOCC

Brumbies are trying to poach Lolo Fakasolea and have made him an offer to replace Vaea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
its tough because its hard to say whos better out of Timu and Lolo, and then throw in how well browning played against the stormers and we got 3 potentially great 8s but not enough room in the squad. Lolo would unfortunately be my choice as the one to leave (as much as i rate him). it would probably be a good thing for australian rugby for him to get some consistent game time anyway.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Where's the money coming from ???

Matt To'omua is going overseas, Stephen Moore is going to the Reds, and Ita Vaea retired to begin with.

They're also trying to sign a player who has played a handful of Super Rugby games so hardly comes with a huge price tag.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
its tough because its hard to say whos better out of Timu and Lolo, and then throw in how well browning played against the stormers and we got 3 potentially great 8s but not enough room in the squad. Lolo would unfortunately be my choice as the one to leave (as much as i rate him). it would probably be a good thing for australian rugby for him to get some consistent game time anyway.

I've gotta say that I think Lolo has more upside than Korczyk, and I presume that he can play 6 as well as 8. Having a Backrow of 6. Lolo, 7. Gunn, and 8. Timu is pretty appealing to me.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I've gotta say that I think Lolo has more upside than Korczyk, and I presume that he can play 6 as well as 8. Having a Backrow of 6. Lolo, 7. Gunn, and 8. Timu is pretty appealing to me.

Maybe. i always enjoyed Korczyks mobility and he doesn't seem to go missing as often as lolo does. its hard to judge when we have barely seen them in Super rugby. Physically it seems Lolo has more potential though. regardless i think Queenslands backrower stocks dont look too bad.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
FWIW my vote is for Korczyk. Anyone know when he if due back? It would be well worth the Reds getting him some game time this season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
FWIW my vote is for Korczyk. Anyone know when he if due back? It would be well worth the Reds getting him some game time this season.

I thought he was out all season after tearing his ACL and having a knee reconstruction.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
Maybe. i always enjoyed Korczyks mobility and he doesn't seem to go missing as often as lolo does. its hard to judge when we have barely seen them in Super rugby. Physically it seems Lolo has more potential though. regardless i think Queenslands backrower stocks dont look too bad.

I'm a sucker for a big bopper who make 2 or 3 big plays a game.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
IMO Fakaosilea has more upside than Korzyck however he is far more injury prone. Lolo is a physical and dominant in his work, Korzyck is a worker more mobile and is probably better at lineout time.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don't see it being Fakaosilea vs Korzyck. Depending on whether we get to keep Henrick Tui or not, I would assume we'd be likely only to try and retain one of Fakaosilea and Timu and play a back row something along the lines of Gunn (or another on the ball flanker) with Browning & Tui then have Fakaosilea/Timu as understudy to Tui & Korzyck being understudy to Browning.

I am not really anti Shatz to the extent some here are, but I think Browning is a good enough line out option, paired with two of Simmons, Douglas and Neville.

Status
Not open for further replies.