• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Well he'll be back next year ready to roll I suppose. Would have been nice to see him blooded in Super Rugby this year and play a full NRC

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The article I read just said Timu's injury was 'season ending'. Any ideas on actual time frames? Will he be able to play some NRC?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tom Sexton did his ACL in January of 2014, and was fit enough to play just in time for all the NRC in that year.

Given that it's basically May, and Backrows probably need more lateral movement to play than front rowers, you won't see him till preseason.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just looking at the Reds side this week. Since Woody left we have essentially ran the same side on each week. That's a pretty good achievement and I wonder how it has happened that we have had the few bad injuries we have had?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Because bad coaches cause injuries.

T

TOCC

Just looking at the Reds side this week. Since Woody left we have essentially ran the same side on each week. That's a pretty good achievement and I wonder how it has happened that we have had the few bad injuries we have had?

Not just since RG left, it's been a change since last year when the whole S&C setup was restructured, notably Damian Marsh returned as the head S&C coach and Cameron Lilicrap was appointed the new Head Physio.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Not just since RG left, it's been a change since last year when the whole S&C setup was restructured, notably Damian Marsh returned as the head S&C coach and Cameron Lilicrap was appointed the new Head Physio.

Pay them more and make sure they don't leave.

T

TOCC

Good for the Reds, not great for the Wallabies or Sunwolves.
At least the Reds tight 6 is looking pretty good for 2017.. Just need to sort out the open side and number 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
When a 108kg centre is crying into his jersey and being sympathetically comforted by a prop... no, it doesn't look good at all. The tears of a man who knows his Wallaby dreams have just gone up in smoke. :( Poor bugger.

Best case scenario it's just a sprain but it really looked like a break. If so it will be 4 to 6 weeks minimum, I'd think?

T

TOCC

I've had my fair share of wrist injuries and they're pretty frustrating, I currently have a bilateral ligament tear from playing rugby but I've broken my other wrist In the past..

Wrists are shit injuries, limits any kind of upper body training, you feel 100% but you then turn a door knob and fall over in agony.

At least if it's a break they can out a plate or screws in, ligaments just have to wait for them to heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.