• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Someone posted somewhere in this thread asking about the QRU / Reds indigenous game / program. Here's a really good video on one aspect of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Great video Reg. Thanks for sharing mate. It's easy to get too focussed on the results and some of the not so great off field stuff (shit coach appointments etc) but it's stuff like this that remind me of what I love about Rugby and the Reds.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Any idea who will be coach of Brisbane City?

It should be a prized position as it puts you on a global platform for future international searches for coaches:)

I cant wait for the NRC to start, we will get to see our teams winning and get pumped for next season of super rugby.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Did anyone catch Rugby360 this week?

Stiles was on and in a roundabout way said QC (Quade Cooper) will be backs captain but no word on forwards and team captain. I guess that Slipper will retain the captaincy.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Stiles was on.

I like what he had to say. And his willingness yo work with Byrnes and increase individual player skills is a big plus for me.
Byrnes being based in Brisbane is awesome as well.

Stiles was on and in a roundabout way said QC (Quade Cooper) will be backs captain but no word on forwards and team captain. I guess that Slipper will retain the captaincy.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Agree, it was interesting work on 360. Stiles is starting well.

I'm hoping that landing Quade isn't too tortuous from here.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Ex-Reds Digby Ioane to the Crusaders confirmed

Good for him, while I've heard that his knees are all but blown up, I wish him the best if we have to play against him in 2017.

With him playing for the 'Saders, does that make him eligible for the Wallabies or will he require an ARU contract?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

I think QC (Quade Cooper) has been the backs leader all his life AND that's a good thing. He is the guy that will direct play. He rarely has formally captained a team but always behind the scene has run it or directs it. The bloke has an incredible football brain. He certainly should be VC and Slips, captain.

I also think some of the senior players have reached out to QC (Quade Cooper) to return.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Good for him, while I've heard that his knees are all but blown up, I wish him the best if we have to play against him in 2017.

With him playing for the 'Saders, does that make him eligible for the Wallabies or will he require an ARU contract?

I think he should be available if he plays in Super Rugby, it allows our selectors to compare his skills against our other players.

I am not a fan of any player not in Super Rugby being selected and I realise I am in the minority with this point of view.

I hope he does well, I also don't blame him for going to the Crusaders, he has done just about everything in Rugby and now wants to play for arguably the best club in the world.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Digby was the classic player with limited skills - couldn't pass, couldn't receive, couldn't kick and couldn't catch but his saving grace was:

Once he had the ball in hand he would run fucking hard and aggressively and nearly always made great territory and gave the team some go-forward. Worked a treat off Quade.

Wish him luck at the Saders against all but the Reds.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Digby was the classic player with limited skills - couldn't pass, couldn't receive, couldn't kick and couldn't catch but his saving grace was:

Once he had the ball in hand he would run fucking hard and aggressively and nearly always made great territory and gave the team some go-forward. Worked a treat off Quade.

Wish him luck at the Saders against all but the Reds.

he ran with a low centre of gravity

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Slightly harsh assessment there Scrub. I remember sitting in the corner of Suncorp in 2011 when Digby grubbered from 30 metres out and chased around the defence to score right in the corner followed by a nice turtle dance move and salute to the crowd. One of the best things I have seen in rugby. The kick and chase for the try wasnt bad either.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Here's what actually happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that was the game against the bulls where we did our best not to kick into touch to avoid line outs, and we took quick line outs every time the bulls kicked out.

Ball was in play a lot and then when the bulls had the throw to a line out we did not contest and just let them form a truck and trailer to get a penalty.

It was in my two top games ever by the Reds in my opinion, the Lions games is my other favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.