• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ferocious intervention tonight re KH by Sam Scott-Young, arguing strongly that KH should be sacked and highly critical of the QRU's and ARU's standards and actions (or inactions). Refers to nepotism on QRU board, and much else:

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/r...ould-sack-player/story-fnii0ksb-1227420640108
Have to agree with Scott-Young. QRU board should hang there heads in shame at what they have done to the Reds. Obviously silence is the Reds preferred method of dealing with major issues effecting the club. One thing for sure Reds will have to pay top money to secure any new class talent as the organisation have now a lot af baggage that ain't going away in a hurry.

T

TOCC

S Fainga'a had injury issues this season like most of the Reds seemed to. Prior to that he was playing extremely well for the Wallabies and deserved first crack as starter.

I think he will still be a great asset for at least the next two years and his minutes will reduce to allow a younger hooker to get more and more game time.

Yeah Saia was playing better then Hanson in 2014 and then Saia capped it off with a very good EOYT where he was thrown into the starting role and played very well in a losing team..

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
You can understand why the players have been dis-interested at times throughout the year. The staff and board are all over the shop

T

TOCC

A while ago there was some contradiction about his scrummaging ability on here. Is there a consensus that he can hold his own at THP? And what about in defence?

It depends of your definition of 'holding his own', he is only 18yrs old and has been beaten a few times but has also dominated a few. He isn't the dominant Premier Grade scrummager yet, but he has done very well in his first season and is progressing in the right direction.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Wallabies 8 contender analysis shows some worrying stats. Difficult to break line with little front foot ball.... But shows we have no weapon with ball in hand from 1-8

T

TOCC

The Wallabies 8 contender analysis shows some worrying stats. Difficult to break line with little front foot ball.. But shows we have no weapon with ball in hand from 1-8

What the stats don't discriminate against is whether it's because of the players or the game plan..

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just saw this highlights package on twitter of Taniela Tupou playing in Brisbane.

Thought some positivity might be in order given how the season went and how some people seem intent on banging on about it!

In that video he looks more like a new Ita Vaea/Billy Vunipola than a THP

The Wallabies 8 contender analysis shows some worrying stats. Difficult to break line with little front foot ball.. But shows we have no weapon with ball in hand from 1-8

Hoo-paah?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
A while ago there was some contradiction about his scrummaging ability on here. Is there a consensus that he can hold his own at THP? And what about in defence?
Have a read of the Queensland Premier Rugby 2015 thread, there's plenty of discussion on him.

I actually think he wouldn't be bad at 8. Still 2 years away from Super Rugby though.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Game plan played a huge part in not being able to get on the front foot. Kafers early season analysis showing the lack of inside targets for distributors and the one pass off the ruck forward runners were just so predictable with modern, fit and large defences. This is where Coopers slight of hand was missed and a hard working winger providing some space to the reds forwards. I can only feel misery at a season that held so much promise for the Reds. This is a group of players that - barring a couple of weeks that were simply awful for injury - should have been able to handle a game plan that was more complex than the rubbish that the Reds showed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Good news everyone.

The Reds Gala Ball will be on 31 July and there will be "exciting major team announcements"

Tickets available online.

for $290!

I will buy a table if the announcement is the firing of a certain head coach in front of me

Status
Not open for further replies.