• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
It's not uncommon for someone with a first baby to want to be closer to their family. I wonder if his cute daughter is making them have second thoughts. He is certainly completely besotted with her.
If, of course, the story has any legs.

I am sure if he looks at how much time he will be away from home if he stays he will realise that the size of europe will allow him to be at home a lot more

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah but over there, is "home" just him and his wife? No extended family support network? Is there health issues in the extended family he wants to be in Aus to lend support for?

All those things may or may not be true. Be careful of assuming anything, we can/should only take what Kane seems to be saying at face value

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
One thing I have noticed is that when a player literally publicly expresses that they want out then very rarely will the outcome be that they stay.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
looking at who we currently have, i think we need another Lock (two if Douglas doesn't come), another Hooker, another scrumhalf and another centre.

any ideas who we could get? i really dont want to re-sign Ed O'Donoghue and with Murday and McDuling both gone we dont have many options. Could we try and get Jack Payne back from the Scarlets? the Rebels released Ben Whittaker from his contract, maybe he could be the 3rd Hooker? Has Tolu Latu been Re-Signed? i think we have already gone over the scrumhalves and Gale seems to be the only option unfortunately with Benny Lucas Re-Signing with Montpellier and Matt signing with Zebre. No idea who we sign as another Centre because i dont think Kerevi, Fainga'a, and Magnay are enough.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Thorn will probably be up for a game.

Hard to imagine too many established hookers coming to QLD to sit beside Fainga'a. Many have said Ready will be solid so looking for another one through the NRC might be the way to go.

With Hunt looking like he will be developed at 13 I think 10 and 15 are the weak spots.

Lock and 10 really needed at the moment. Then a TH prop to replace Holmes (if he ever decides to give it away).

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thorn will probably be up for a game.

Hard to imagine too many established hookers coming to QLD to sit beside Fainga'a. Many have said Ready will be solid so looking for another one through the NRC might be the way to go.

With Hunt looking like he will be developed at 13 I think 10 and 15 are the weak spots.

Lock and 10 really needed at the moment. Then a TH prop to replace Holmes (if he ever decides to give it away).

They should sign that hooker from Townsville/QLD Country to boost the profile of that team/comp/country rugby. Would be the first in a while signed from the bush... ha - no idea how good he was though.

Plenty of props waiting in the wings that would be ready by 2017/2018: Fa'agese, Talakai, Tupou, Paraka etc (apologies for spellings)...

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
we have 1 to many props probably. im still hopeful that if we get a new head coach we could give Cooper another offer. He still hasnt confirmed hes signed with anyone. John Ulugia might be another option as a 3rd Hooker but hes 29 and i have no idea where hes at contractually or form wise. he was pretty good for the Tahs a few years ago.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
John Ulugia is the starting hooker for Clermont ATM. Think he's normally 2nd string but the first stringer was injured for a long period.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
John Ulugia is the starting hooker for Clermont ATM. Think he's normally 2nd string but the first stringer was injured for a long period.

Luke Holmes (Rebels/Tahs) has been floating around Sydney club rugby I think. At 3rd string, he'd be fine - a few QPR games to get him up to scratch and a solid pre season and he'd offer something around the field..

D

daz

well at least you blokes are covered in the Hooker department. in fact you fuckers didnt even need Hanson, with Siliva Siliva, Leafa and one of Whittaker or Sexton you were covered. i think you guys took him just to be a dick.

Yes, that's why we did it. To fuck with you.

Or maybe because our depth was good but our capability was low. Did you watch any Rebels games?

All we did was ask Chibba if he was interested; he was the one who signed. Free country, free market. He left for a reason. How's your backyard looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
i didnt think anyone would actually take my comment seriously because it wasnt meant to be. obviously the Rebels didnt sign Chibba just to screw up the reds. but as far as capability goes Siliva Siliva is very capable and Leafa a good back up.

T

Train Without a Station

Luke Holmes (Rebels/Tahs) has been floating around Sydney club rugby I think. At 3rd string, he'd be fine - a few QPR games to get him up to scratch and a solid pre season and he'd offer something around the field..

I actually play with his cousin. Not gonna happen. Word is that the Rebels went with Whittaker this year because Holmes won't relocate and play local club rugby.

T

Train Without a Station

To elaborate apparently he's not really interested in chasing a professional contract being around 30 and settled with a family. I can certainly understand that:

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Who is the current Reds backs coach? Confirmed for 2016?

That of course is a very good question. And an even better one when we assess the development needs of our back line next year.

I imagine the QRU's media department and its CEO are working feverishly in an attempt to package up yet another set of 'dazzling' announcements re coach signings and such like. The Reds' Gala Ball at end-July is often the opening platform for this fanfare.

The package will be designed to convince 2015 members and fans that 'with key additions to our coaching staff, and with many talented young players coming through, we're now set for major improvements and a cracker 2016 season'.

This is the ploy used in recent years and many were suckered into believing it last year when the then sparkling announcements were made re the KH and JOC (James O'Connor) signings which were 'part of a major team re-build designed to set up a great 2015 season.' There was of course then no mention of any need to upgrade the Reds' coaching capability.

Reactions: gel

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
these major signings seem to be being kept alot quieter, everyone knew about JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt i think for a while before, and even the announcement of Adam Thomson, everyone knew we were getting a internationally capped backrower just not which specific one.

Status
Not open for further replies.