• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Some decent coverage in today's paper

762afaec48c747f1b73baa8a15184de6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most coverage I've seen for the Reds / rugby in TCM for some time. Well done Qld rugby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, more than a bit of trouble........

Higgers will face court in a couple of weeks after allegedly physical threatening police while trying to spring his mate out of a police station after a night out on the piss.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Finally something online.........

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/02/05/04/55/scott-higginbotham

Scott Higginbotham's return to the Reds has been soured, after the backrower was arrested in Brisbane overnight.

It is believed Higginbotham was arrested in Fortitude Valley in the early hours of Sunday morning, after an incident involving he and the police.

The ARU released a statement on Sunday afternoon about his arrest, signalling the integrity unit was looking into it.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Well, more than a bit of trouble....

Higgers will face court in a couple of weeks after allegedly physical threatening police while trying to spring his mate out of a police station after a night out on the piss.

For real? I'm not condoning it, but it's one thing to get into an altercation with an equally pissed idiot when paths cross, but to go all Ok-Corral on the cops is A+++ stupid.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For real? I'm not condoning it, but it's one thing to get into an altercation with an equally pissed idiot when paths cross, but to go all Ok-Corral on the cops is A+++ stupid.

Apparently the cop pulled his taser on him but didn't fire.........

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah. Big test on the new leadership tip at QRU (Stiles and Barker). Big decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
NZRU sweep a positive drugs test under the carpet for 3 months.

Meanwhile, ARU's own reporters cant keep this quiet for a day.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
NZRU sweep a positive drugs test under the carpet for 3 months.

Meanwhile, ARU's own reporters cant keep this quiet for a day.

Something something only bad publicity is no publicity

What was the NZRU positive drug test incident?

In all seriousness, give him indefinite suspension until court case, then 4+ weeks minimum if guilty &/or convicted

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Have to set the bar high IMO, ban him from playing until the court hearings and then make a decision based on the outcome of that..

He isn't a young, inexperienced bloke, he should have known better..

How about we find out a little more about what actually happened and then jump all over him.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How about we find out a little more about what actually happened and then jump all over him.

Relevant part from the Brisbane Times:

Brisbane Times said:
Former Wallaby and Queensland Reds prodigal son Scott Higginbotham has been arrested and charged after allegedly threatening police during an incident in Brisbane.

The Australian Rugby Union's integrity unit was investigating the incident, which happened in a Police Beat in the Fortitude Valley entertainment precinct early on Sunday morning.

In a statement, police said Higginbotham had been charged with assaulting police and being found in a police establishment without a lawful excuse.

In Queensland, a person can be charged with assault if they threatened somebody and had the ability to follow through on the threat.

Source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...tham-in-fortitude-valley-20170205-gu5ym7.html

T

TOCC

'Charged with assaulting a police officer' is enough to work with until he goes to court in 2 weeks.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's been charged with assaulting a police officer and being found in a police establishment without a 'lawful excuse'........

He's already removed a photo a photo from his Instagram of his night out.

Edit: you guys are quicker on the trigger, but essential the story that's been fed to the media so far is what I wrote earlier.........

Well, more than a bit of trouble....

T

TOCC

I hope it all turns out to be a storm in a teacup, but based on those initial charges I believe that's more then enough for the QRU to issue him with an initial ban until the court hearing is(allegedly 2 weeks).

Take a hard stance to send a message to the rest of the team, but if the charges do get dropped then no real harm done, he is good for the Super Rugby season.

In either case I don't think he can play in the trial whilst those charges hang over him, it sends a wrong message.

Status
Not open for further replies.