• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
One of the big issues with this team is (as always for Aussie sides) the lack of kicking options and skills.

QC (Quade Cooper) was on one leg all game which probably had an impact, but once Frisby goes off, the team basically can't get out of its own half.

Kerevi, and the wingers can't or won't kick (0 so far this year), hunt is averaging one kick per game. And they are in position regularly to kick it back.

They just can't play down the other end.

Reds have the lowest total kicking distance of any side who has played 3 games

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
One of the big issues with this team is (as always for Aussie sides) the lack of kicking options and skills.

QC (Quade Cooper) was on one leg all game which probably had an impact, but once Frisby goes off, the team basically can't get out of its own half.

Kerevi, and the wingers can't or won't kick (0 so far this year), hunt is averaging one kick per game. And they are in position regularly to kick it back.

Dunno about that,

Reckon Stilsey has put in quite a a few kicks over the last 2 weeks.:)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Paia'aua kicked okay on the weekend he should be used more for exits

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Duncan should absolutely be used more. There was one that he thumped out from about the 5m mark to just over half way. He clearly has the ability, if there's another reason why he can't be used to exit (inconsistent etc.) then fix that.

I know I argued for them the week before last, but fuck we are using the box kick all wrong. Either do it properly or not at all.

I thought Quade's tactical kicking was actually pretty good on the weekend.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Did anyone else get annoyed with how casually Hunt kicks for touch on penalties? I mean c'mon, yes you need to ensure that ball goes out, considering he's using a dead straight AFL technique, surely he could chew off a few more meters to allow Kerevi a better chance of crashing over.

Mark Gerrard was the best with his low sweeping kicks off the right boot to left corners, do we have a left footer who can kick for right corners?

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd say he is moving ahead in leaps and bounds in almost every facet of his game, EXCEPT that part, which is why I was very specific.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Did anyone else get annoyed with how casually Hunt kicks for touch on penalties? I mean c'mon, yes you need to ensure that ball goes out, considering he's using a dead straight AFL technique, surely he could chew off a few more meters to allow Kerevi a better chance of crashing over.

Mark Gerrard was the best with his low sweeping kicks off the right boot to left corners, do we have a left footer who can kick for right corners?

Probably a combination of him being calm, and his coaches teaching a 'must go out' mentality. I don't see this as a bad thing.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
They were very Rugby League-esque penalty kicks for touch. They annoyed me a bit. Probably for that reason though and my general disdain for all things League.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

As you say, this applies to most Aussie sides and in this era of professional, elite athletes it still stuns me that we put teams on the field year in year out who are sadly inadequate in a key skill of the game.

(This is by no means directed at the Reds in particular - don't take offence Reds supporters)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What scrum halves do Racing have on the books does anyone know?

EDIT: just found out. Maxine Mâchéneaud or however you spell it. Fingers crossed Will comes home!

Reactions: mst

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
fbd1347800117185fa55cf64d856e827.jpg

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have bag'sed Pat Sio for the Brumbies. So take your pick of the rest. :)

I don't think Sio would be substantially more developed than Fakaosilea, and has a similar skillset in the same position.

Still would be a good get.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Generally, and specifically his kicking.

Hell, I'll have another look at it given your insistance, but I thought he was kicking fine and getting better.

I think general kicking is good, I'm just a stickler for easy meters. Especially with 2 of the teams strengths being rolling mauls and kerevi crash balls. Make the most of those corner kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.