• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

The change in revenue between 2014-2015 was also due to a one off variation in the reporting period, I believe 2014 was for only 10months, hence reduced revenue and expenditure.

T

Train Without a Station

That appears to be correct. 2013 was $24M revenue vs $23M expenditure.

I do imagine they'd be trying to reign in their expenditure back to that level which would see them more so breaking even. The amount of money they pillage through affiliation fees is shocking.

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
In 2015 the QRU had Total revenue of $23,412,646 vs total expenditure of $24,896,342.

Where the loss of $1.5M before depreciation came from was increase in match day expenses, commercial expenses, game development expenses, team expenses and corporate expenses.

Revenues and Expenses in the P&L include non-cash items. The Statement of Cash Flows showing negative 2 million in operating cash flow is where my concerns are. This hole was funded by debt, with borrowings up from 1.5 to 4 million from the previous period. Long term you cannot fund your operating expenses on the tick.

It will be interesting to see if costs were reduced this year enough to at least be cashflow positive. They would have had new cash streams (Rinnai etc) but would need to offset falling reciepts from ticket sales.

Another year of burning cash in operations would put debt at 6-7 million and since this is reported under short term (12 months) liabilities.

T

TOCC

Grants to Australian Super Rugby clubs increased by $1.5million for 2016 under the new broadcast rights

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I wouldnt be holding my breath on too much of a turn around.

The new CEO will be wanting to get the expenses as high as possible in this year - he can look like the hero in the year after.

T

TOCC

Fox sports have done a Q&A with Nick Stiles:

Foxsports.com.au: You were co-coach with Matt O’Connor this season. Can we expect a different game style from you next year?

Stiles: Definitely.

You’ve got to look at how we performed this year and we were down towards the bottom of the competition in a lot of those stats.

That says a couple of things.

A — we’ve got to look at how we’re playing the game from a structure point of view and then also we’ve got to look at our skills.

We really need to go back to the drawing board in a sense and put a lot of time into the individual development of the players.

Foxsports.com.au: How many players do you have locked in for next season?

Stiles: We’re basically full.

We’ve still got a five-eighth position and we’re hoping Quade (Cooper) can commit to the state.

And another outside backs position that’s up for grabs and that fills out our fully contracted squad.

Foxsports.com.au: Brad Thorn will have an increased role but what about the rest of your support staff?

Stiles: Yeah, we haven’t locked anyone else in yet, I’ve been talking to a lot people through the process, that if I did get appointed.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
so there are 30 fully contracted players I believe, ? Then you have 5 eps (scottyoung is one of those). Who do YOU think is in the 30 + 5?

Btw does the japanese player (tui) count outside this limit? Also I wonder, if they count outside the limit, will the Reds get another foreign developing player that we are entitled to? (JJT was our last one)

Moore Ready mafi
Paraka Thor Faagase Talakai Slipper
Simmons Douglas Neville Tui
Korzyke Houston Gunn Smith Timu (Tui)
Frisby Tuttle
Mcintyre Mason (+1 Quade)
DP Taefu Magnay Kerevi
Kuridrani Hunt Sautia (+1 new player)

eps
Vanzati, Rodda, Scottyoung, Nucifora + OB

not sure about. Mafi (2), Asiati (AUS u20 prop), Maclean (aus u20 captain), Gale, Sorovi, Perese & Laloifi

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If TUI doesn't count then Perese fits. Also heard a rumbling that at least 1 of those backs listed (won't say who) is seriously considered to not be offered a fulltime contract again.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
HAHA sorry forgot the slips. Yeehhhh well maybe there isn't room for Perese fully contracted (though I thought he had a longer term contract originally) UNLESS that tiny rumour I heard is true.

Let me edit.

Also, heard Sorovi deal fell through? Wouldn't phase me either way, Nucifora was preferred @ u20 level.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
If TUI doesn't count then Perese fits. Also heard a rumbling that at least 1 of those backs listed (won't say who) is seriously considered to not be offered a fulltime contract again.

Does that explain why the back with the dodgy Hammys is playing in Japan?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
i don't believe it's him. heard he's on a last chance redemption deal, get the fire burning or c u l8errrrrrr. Quade will be great for him...but speaking of quade...NOW the rebels got that EPIC japanese no.8 Mafi....

So not only could they have 2 of the most damaging wingers in aus in Naivalu and Koroibate, but the pace of shipperly, the drive of english and inman, then hodge would be in a huge position to benefit playing 12 next to quade, but NOWWWW they will have the most damaging backrow runner in australian super rugby teams.

talk about options...and we all know quade likes options. Getting worried!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Until something more concrete appears I will continue to be worried. Oh and Pama Fou goes to the Rebels, I think the Reds missed out big time there considering we are still looking to fill a full time outside back position according to stiles. Getting jealous of the Rebels firepower out wide. Smart signings (if Fou and Koroibate pay off) I reckon they both will do better then Chris Kuridrani and Nabuli

T

TOCC

Well, Koroibete is on a much larger contract then both Nabuli and Kuridrani, I'd expect him to go better..

Herbert told Georgina Robinson that they hope to finalise Quades signing in coming days

Status
Not open for further replies.