• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
McGahan is running defence

It was interesting to watching the coaches last night. McGahan was furiously scribbling down notes, Carrozza siting back relaxed just watching and Thorn barking out the odd instruction on the walkie talkie.

T

TOCC

that should be interesting, the Rebels shipped more points last year than anyone in the history of super rugby

We will wait and see... Nick Stiles is a very good set piece coach, but not a great head coach. Some people are better suited to assistant roles

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I thought Kane had a shocker. That poses the biggest question for us with Rodda out. Do we stick with Douglas and help he rediscovers the form of 3 years ago (again)

I wonder if the anti QC (Quade Cooper) people who say he has never been as good as he was a few years ago will have the same opinion on all players?

T

TOCC

From Jim Tucker; Reds to post $22k profit for 2017, which includes $150k payout to John Connolly and payouts for Stiles and O’Connor

Reactions: dru

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
From Jim Tucker; Reds to post $22k profit for 2017, which includes $150k payout to John Connolly and payouts for Stiles and O’Connor
Good news. Although I'm always sceptical of very small profits, they are often the result of some creative accruals etc when you're actually a little in the red but really want to use black ink

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Good news. Although I'm always sceptical of very small profits, they are often the result of some creative accruals etc when you're actually a little in the red but really want to use black ink

I have a pair of friends who normally looks at a few of the Super Rugby balance sheets (she's an accountant and he's a FC) from what she's said the Reds have been pretty ernest with their accounting over the past few years.
Edit:
From News.com.au > He [Thorn] had 12 players running sprints on-field straight after fulltime, including starting flanker Caleb Timu.
Anyone got the list, would be interesting to see who isn't getting a game next week. :p

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
There was a comment on the last page about having a rugby league defensive system. It's actually just the way teams attack and defend these days to play to their strengths. Usually the field is broken up into 5 rough sections which are meant to be predominately dominated by a particular positional group. For example tight 5 in the middle section of the field. It's rough as through general play players need to move around etc etc. I would expect most super rugby sides would play with similar rules around their attack and defensive structures.

T

TOCC

It looks to be a $820k profit before interest and depreciation, there was a $800k writedown on the value of Ballymore bringing the profit to $20k.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What happened between last last year when the Reds were on the verge of an ARU bailout and the end of the year when they can post a EBITDA profit of $800k?

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Only saw a bit of the live feed but Perese and CFS were both quite willing on the wings. Perese reminds me a little of Digby in his pomp.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

This is actually VERY good news. Remember that the QRU restrained themselves around chasing players after the Forced shrink, restrained themselves in looking for a more experienced recognised coach.

It's a pity that there had not been more discipline and strategy around Quade.

We are paying the downside for these issues - but we should take comfort in the wins. Make no doubt this is a win. I am consistently critical of HQ decisions - got to recognise a result when it is given.

TOCC explaining an $800k write down on Ballymore also puts many things into perspective. Well done Jim.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
So apparently Rugby.com.au thinks Rodda might be back for next week!
Also they think the 'best XV' is as follows:
1) Slipper
2) Paenga-Amosa
3) Tupou
4) Rodda
5) Tui
6) Timu
7) Korczyk
8) Higgers

9) Tuttle
10) Lance
11) Perese
12) Paia'aua
13) Kerevi
14) CFS
15) Toua

I think CFS and Toua will be on the bench. With Lance going to 15 and Stewart in at 10; and Daugunu starting on the wing. From the game against Fiji I don't know that Aidan is just not up to starting yet, both Lance and Stewart are better than Aidan at the moment, plus it solves the 'who do I start at 10 problem'.

Status
Not open for further replies.