1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by The torpedo, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Gnostic Mark Ella (57)

That's Ok the immense leadership of Michael Hooper will deal with it as he did with Beale's indiscretions.
    USARugger likes this.
  2. Ruggo Mark Ella (57)

Why is it so hard for people to keep their views to themselves? Far left and far right have this compulsion to tell the whole bloody world about them. We can all hold our beliefs in our hearts and nobody can ever take that away, but this self righteous bullshit compulsion to tell the world pisses me off.

Fark know's what that had to do with the 2018 Reds but it's said now.
    dillyboy likes this.
  3. jimmydubs Dave Cowper (27)

Couldn’t keep it to yourself, could you? ;)
    Jets, todd4 and Ruggo like this.
  4. duckbill Herbert Moran (7)

A teetotalling god bothering player would fit just fine with a teetotalling god bothering coach.

Maybe the imaginary people will help the Reds win.

[Insert sardonic laugh and triple facepalm here]
  5. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

Worth having a listen to this podcast which has an interview with Matt Taylor

https://t.co/g0ltofPzz9.

Great coaching talk but also excellent insight into the success of 2011 (and gives a lot of credit to Phil Mooney)
    Jets, USARugger and HJ Nelson like this.
  6. Derpus Andrew Slack (58)

Is Thorne that way inclined?
  7. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

zero will go off his tits with news that Hamish Stewart is expected to move to fullback with Jono Lance to return at 10 v the Sunwolves this weekend.

Slipper back but Timu out and Higgers still not ready.
    dillyboy and USARugger like this.
  8. redstragic Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Timu out? That sucks, hope not for long, he's my Comred of the year so far.
    TSR and USARugger like this.
  9. Zero_Cool Vay Wilson (31)

I do think Stewart at 10 Lance at 15 against the Sunwolves makes more sense -- put some faith in the kid if he can't get you the W against the Sunwolves (who to be fair have been dangerous) who can he be trusted against.

100% against the Hurricanes and Highlanders bring him off the bench once the game is done (likely 20 min in) and tell him to just play but no point in hiding him against the Sunwolves. Plus Thorn isn't following his 'via the bench' policy with Lance. :rolleyes:

But it's a start the kid has been good, he at least went toe to toe with an elite Test Flyhallf. Good things to come.
  10. duckbill Herbert Moran (7)

I remember reading somewhere earlier in this thread that he's leading prayer groups at Ballymore. Born again something or other.
  11. redstragic Nicholas Shehadie (39)

He did a podcast on players voice with Andrew Mccullough from the Broncos where he talked about his faith as well.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk
  12. dru Andrew Slack (58)

I'm guessing that Quade is not a happy-slappy.
  13. duckbill Herbert Moran (7)

I'm beginning to suspect as much. The whole Folau thing just makes all the QC exclusion justifications given to date seem even more like a pile of BS

P.S.: Presume you mean happy-clappy?
  14. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

15. duckbill Herbert Moran (7)

Just a perception from afar. Same as in life and politics, I think religion has no place in rugby.
  16. The torpedo Peter Fenwicke (45)

Interesting tweet here from QC:

17. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Might be time for Quade to jump on a plane to Melbourne. Could be the only way he'll play at Suncorp this year if he comes back as a Rebel in Round 18 in July.

But would be bittersweet for many Reds fans to watch him & Genia running around for the opposition on the weekend of the 7th anniversary of the 2011 win.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  18. Micheal John Solomon (38)

I read an article that said Quade has been approached by both the Rebels and the Brumbies, but that he turned them down. He seems pretty determined to be a Red, but it’s just not going to happen.
  19. thierry dusautoir Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Makes more sense to have lance at 15. We won a super title with him there.
  20. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

we won a Super Rugby GF with Lance there.

Ben Lucas 9 games at fullback for the Reds that year (Lance just 3). Should we pick him at fullback this week?
    USARugger likes this.