• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Head Coach: Thorn
Attack Coach: Carozza
Defence Coach: McGahan

Gilmore has reportedly shifted to Carozza’s old role of youth development/U19s/U20s.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
really light on in centres - not even a development option like horan or riley - hope the next batch of qld u20s unearth something. Feel a bit sorry for ngamano (spelling), hopefully he gets another crack at u20 if he's young enough.

Doubt Manu will stick around, but he would be great in the wings as a back up THP, (ahead of sanday. Whilst good to see a young prop like Hoopert get a go, pretty sure he is the 4th LHP behind slipper, faagase & vanzati

I imagine Hoopert, Mcdermott, the new winger and maybe like ASY (Angus Scott-Young) are still development.

In all his time at the Brumbies, JP was a Loose Head Prop. His twin, Ruan, was the THP and the better player. Seems odd to me that the Reds apparently see JP as a THP.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
well let's hope he can play LHP, coz pretty sure Hoopert is a LHP, and vanzati I have only seen play LHP and Faagase plays mainly as a LHP! It was reported to keep an eye out for further signings, so maybe Manu will be around. Also read Riley was offered a development contract but considering his options.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
As mentioned earlier, Carozza is a good man for the job. He understands Reds rugby and has done for some time. He was in charge of development when I was at school and dealt with a number of my mates. They all liked him as a mentor and a bloke

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tupou is a THP now (having played LHP)
Slipper is a LHP now (having played THP)
Fa'agase plays both, but generally plays LHP
Hoopert plays both but is only 19 so it doesn't really count just yet.
JP plays both but generally plays LHP.
Vanzati is a LHP

I think Fa'agase will end up covering THP although Smith will probably spend a fair bit of time there too.

I do wonder whether Slipper's rediscovered bulk could see him back in the 3, although he has always preferred LH. Plus it supports his high work rate

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So with news that Smith might be forced into retirement I can see the Reds signing McMahon on a one year deal, japanese contract does not start till the 18/19 season and Wallabies will be deseperate to keep him.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

There were guys cut in the off-season prior to this, it would be absolutely ridiculous if they were to cut players only a day after the squad was announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dru

Tim Horan (67)
There were guys cut in the off-season prior to this, it would be absolutely ridiculous if they were to cut players only a day after the squad was announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TOCC HQ issues? Or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.