• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The only one in your team LB that worries me is the Pickle. A couple of years ago I thought Frisby had the talent to usurp Genia at Wallaby level. This year was just a forgettable year for him. Hopefully in 2018 with a new coach he gets his head right and starts finding the form that has eluded him (in 2017).

I think he will be great this year. The thing that will tell us if Thorn is the man for the future will be how Ready and Frisby go. They have skill and do not appear to have gone backwards from old age or injury. I think they both can return to form if motivated correctly.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is the team I would like to see

1- Slipper
2- Ready
3- Tupou
4- Rodda
5- Tui
6- Higginbotham
7- Smith
8- Timu
9- Frisby
10- Cooper
11- Nabuli
12- Paia'aua
13-Kerevi
14-Peresi
15- Hunt

16- Mafi
17- Fa'agase
18- Vanzatti
19- Douglas
20- Korzcyk
21- Wright
22- Stewart
23- Kuridrani

Reserve props are my biggest concern, apart from that we have a decent team.

T

TOCC

Pre-season started yesterday for some, so squad announcement today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)

1- Slipper
2- Ready
3- Tupou
4- Rodda
5- Tui
6- Higginbotham
7- Smith
8- Timu
9- Frisby
10- Cooper
11- Nabuli
12- Paia'aua
13-Kerevi
14-Peresi
15- Hunt

16- Mafi
17- Fa'agase
18- Vanzatti
19- Douglas
20- Korzcyk
21- Wright
22- Stewart
23- Kuridrani

Not a fan of Tuttle?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

1- Slipper
2- Ready
3- Tupou
4- Rodda
5- Tui
6- Higginbotham
7- Smith
8- Timu
9- Frisby
10- Cooper
11- Nabuli
12- Paia'aua
13-Kerevi
14-Peresi
15- Hunt

16- Mafi
17- Fa'agase
18- Vanzatti
19- Douglas
20- Korzcyk
21- Wright
22- Stewart
23- Kuridrani

Pretttttyclose. 1 - Vanzati is a LHP, word is a new prop who has been playing overseas but ex aussie Super Rugby will be coming in for THP. Not sure whether Salesi Manu (THP) has been given something. So that solves the reserve prop a bit as faagase is a capable LHP. Wouldn't go with a 6/2 forward/back split with the halfback missing out. I like it, but it would be Tuttle starting with Frisby on the bench and Stewart missing out. DP can cover 10. Also Sautia >Kuridrani 16. Mafi 17. Faagase 18 New Prop 19. Douglas 20. Korzcyk 21. Wright 22. Frisby 23. Sautia

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pretttttyclose. 1 - Vanzati is a LHP, word is a new prop who has been playing overseas but ex aussie Super Rugby will be coming in for THP. Not sure whether Salesi Manu (THP) has been given something. So that solves the reserve prop a bit as faagase is a capable LHP. Wouldn't go with a 6/2 forward/back split with the halfback missing out. I like it, but it would be Tuttle starting with Frisby on the bench and Stewart missing out. DP can cover 10. Also Sautia >Kuridrani 16. Mafi 17. Faagase 18 New Prop 19. Douglas 20. Korzcyk 21. Wright 22. Frisby 23. Sautia

I think Tuttle will be picked but I prefer Frisby. I dont think we need to have 9's in the 23. We surely have enough players to get by if an injury occurs and with some rotation during the season we should be aiming for 80 minutes per game. I had Stewart as I thin he could play 10,12 and 15....and probably 9 if needed.

T

TOCC

I rate Tuttles game management, plays with a level of maturity that Frisby doesn’t, Tuttle was a big reason Qld Country went so well despite having a 19yr old fly-half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T

TOCC

The 2018 Reds squad features 10 new signings, seven of which have been selected from Queensland Country following their grand final win in the National Rugby Championship, including Wallabies Spring Tour development player Liam Wright and NRC leading try scorer Filipo Daugunu.

Heading to Ballymore for the first time will be former Brumbies and Stormers prop JP Smith, along with NSW Country Eagles hooker Brandon Paenga-Amosa.

A number of players have also been promoted from within the Reds pathway, including young locks Angus Blyth and Harry Hockings, back rower Angus Scott-Young, flyhalf Hamish Stewart and scrumhalf Tate McDermott. In total, 83% of the 2018 squad have emerged from Queensland pathway programs.

Six players have been re-signed ahead of the 2018 season, including recent Wallabies debutant Karmichael Hunt, as well as Queensland Country standouts Caleb Timu, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Duncan Paia’aua, Izaia Perese and Eto Nabuli, who was also the Reds leading try scorer in 2017.

Twenty players have been retained from the 2017 squad, including Wallabies Lukhan Tui, Izack Rodda, Samu Kerevi, James Slipper, George Smith, Scott Higginbotham and Taniela Tupou.

T

TOCC

As expected, Carozza will join coaching team:

Carozza will join newly appointed Head Coach Brad Thorn and recently appointed Assistant Coach Tony McGahan to form the coaching team for 2018

T

TOCC

Props:
Fa’agase, JP Smith, Tupou, Slipper, Hoopert, Vanuatu

Hooker:
Ready, Mafi, Paenga-Amosa

Locks:
Douglas, Tui, Rodda, Blyth, Hockings

Back row:
Higgers, Timu, Scott-Young, Gunn, Hewat, Korcyzk, Wright, Smith

T

TOCC

Halves:
Frisby, Tuttle, McDermott, Sorovi

Flyhalfs:
Stewart, Cooper

Centre:
CFS, Kerevi, Paia’aua

Outside back:
Dauganu, Hunt, Maranta, Nabuli, Perese,

T

TOCC

There will still be a few more signing before next season apparently, obviously fairly light on in a few positions, specifically in the outside backs and centres.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looking forward to seeing how Timu, Paia'aua and Dauganu all shape up. Could all be Wallabies in future assuming they are eligible.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good young squad.

The outside backs all have a lot of talent but would like to see another signing there.

Challenge will be keeping the majority of this team together for another 3/4 years

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So that's 36 players.

I'm guessing Hoopert, Blythe, Scott-Young & McDermott are EPS or somthing?

Status
Not open for further replies.