• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

B

Bobby Sands

My thinking is Eddie fills the gap at number 8. He's not the biggest bloke around but makes up for it in ticker.

I'd love to see him back in Red. Still has a glut of mates here too, I assume he would love to come back.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Liam McNamara might be a option to promote from QPR, he has had professional exposure through 7’s, size is a bit of an issue for him though

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Smith Twins, Tupou, Sorovi, and Paia'aua all played a bit of club rugby on the weekend, Matt McGahan also controlled the game well out at Norths in their win over Uni.

Watched GPS vs Wests, can see why the Reds signed Carter Gordon, still young but played much better than his age.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Smith Twins, Tupou, Sorovi, and Paia'aua all played a bit of club rugby on the weekend, Matt McGahan also controlled the game well out at Norths in their win over Uni.

Watched GPS vs Wests, can see why the Reds signed Carter Gordon, still young but played much better than his age.

does a club game count towards the calculation for resting periods for test players?

Does Tongan THor have to miss an extra Super Rugby game because he played club rugby this week?

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
does a club game count towards the calculation for resting periods for test players?

Does Tongan THor have to miss an extra Super Rugby game because he played club rugby this week?

I doubt it, the Reds would be talking to RA and would have definitely been warned if that was the case.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Lots of 'ifs' here, I know,
but, IF the Reds win over the Sunwolves this weekend, and IF the Waratahs lose to the Bulls (probable in high altitude), and IF the Brumbies lose to the Blues (who knows?), and IF the Rebels lose to the Hurricanes in Wellington (also probable), then the Reds could be second on the Australian chapter at 22 or 23 points with the Rebels still first on 24/25. In fact, the Rebels game doesn't matter as far as the Reds obtaining the second position. It could just happen, and won't that slow down the doomsayers.

Another point of note is that the Brumbies are still due to have another bye, in two weekends time, whereby no points are obtained.

Just saying

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
As i think Reg said - we have a tendancy to with the unexpected and lose the gimme's it seems.

Would be interesting to see one of those US style strength of run home analysis. Ours looks to be the easiest run home of OZ sides - even by virtue of the argument over which game we rest Kerevi for and that there are no "no chance" matches coming up.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
As i think Reg said - we have a tendancy to with the unexpected and lose the gimme's it seems.

Would be interesting to see one of those US style strength of run home analysis. Ours looks to be the easiest run home of OZ sides - even by virtue of the argument over which game we rest Kerevi for and that there are no "no chance" matches coming up.
Had a look at this a little bit ago. Brumbies have the best run home and Rebels have the hardest. Tahs aren't far behind. Red's isn't too bad - and they have a game in hand as well, which helps as long as they win it!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

D5bxXCCUcAACnkk.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This is all a beat up. Kerevi posted something about Easter and a couple of commenters made reference to it being insensitive in response to Folau.

Kerevi apologised some time later for any offence he might have caused (even though he had no need to). Tupou's post is in relation to this.

Conflating the issue that any religious posting is on par with Folau's comments is ridiculous.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is all a beat up. Kerevi posted something about Easter and a couple of commenters made reference to it being insensitive in response to Folau.

Kerevi apologised some time later for any offence he might have caused (even though he had no need to). Tupou's post is in relation to this.

Conflating the issue that any religious posting is on par with Folau's comments is ridiculous.

Agreed I just was posting the link

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Had a look at this a little bit ago. Brumbies have the best run home and Rebels have the hardest. Tahs aren't far behind. Red's isn't too bad - and they have a game in hand as well, which helps as long as they win it!

Get this thread back on rugby... interestingly to make the finals, one bookie has Rebels at $1.12 favourites, Brumbies at $1.45, Reds @ @.30 and Tahs $2.63. I would have thought it was much closer. Definitely not the Rebels that short.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Get this thread back on rugby. interestingly to make the finals, one bookie has Rebels at $1.12 favourites, Brumbies at $1.45, Reds @ @.30 and Tahs $2.63. I would have thought it was much closer. Definitely not the Rebels that short.
I think the Reds are in with a big shout. on there day they beat anyone.