• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Some hard decisions coming up for retention and recruitment, McReight and Wilson are WTS members, Kibble and Wood developing squad members, other clubs will come knocking if not offered full time positions in Reds squad. Reds can’t retain everyone, at this stage Wilson and McReoght are both signed for 2020, likely on full time contracts in their second year.

Korcyzk probably has the most to lose and a fair chance of been released, Higgers and Timu are both off overseas so that opens up another spot or two. Tom Kibble is another who is a quality young Backrower, he is a year younger then the others so not having the same impact at U20s level yet.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Hopefully the QRU are intent on retaining Hegarty, with Lucas as understudy (including getting proper game time). I see Stewart as a long term fullback, he has played his best footy there.

The only thing we are missing is a Toutai Kefu - please tell me there is a big strong running unit coming through the QLD pathway!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hopefully the QRU are intent on retaining Hegarty, with Lucas as understudy (including getting proper game time). I see Stewart as a long term fullback, he has played his best footy there.

The only thing we are missing is a Toutai Kefu - please tell me there is a big strong running unit coming through the QLD pathway!

well we had Caleb Timu, but it's worth watching the replay of the Aussie U20 test match v NZL

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
should find out this arvo if HH has a case to answer:

HARRY HOCKINGS RED CARD OFFENCE
Player:
Harry Hockings
Team: Reds
Position: Lock
Date of Incident: 3 May 2019
Nature of Offence: Law 9.12: A player must not physically abuse anyone. Physical abuse includes, stamping or trampling.
Elapsed time in match when incident occurred: 75:22
Hearing Details (date, time and venue): Foul Play Review Committee, Sunday 5 May 2019, 10am(SAST), 6pm(AEDT), 8pm(NZDT) via video-conference.

Harry Hockings of the Reds has received a Red Card for foul play during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Hockings is alleged to have contravened Law 9.12: Stamping or Trampling, during the match between the Reds and Sunwolves at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on 3 May 2019.

The Case is to be considered in the first instance by the SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee which will take place on Sunday 5 May 2019, 10am(SAST), 6pm(AEDT), 8pm(NZDT) via video-conference.

HayFarmer

Bob McCowan (2)
should find out this arvo if HH has a case to answer:

The TMO should have never brought this incident to the refs attention. It was all sorted out by the players involved. One was holding onto the leg for too long, the other just gave him a tap with the boot to let him know that he was in the wrong & in a very vulnerable position. No malice in it - play on. Only if there was more force in the tap by Hockings- yes, look at it. Another example of TMO's being too PC. Hope he doesn't get too much time. Far less malice then Hollaway.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I dunno. Seems clear cut to me - you can’t strike a guy in the head with your boot Hockings did. I assume he’ll do time.

Certainly is seemed more silly than malicious to me, and there wasn’t much force in it, but the focus on the protection of players heads is a pretty well established focus now.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Rules are rules, you can't put boot to a players head regardless if you're been held or not, it was poor discipline.

In Hockings favour, there wasn't any real force in it and it doesn't look entirely deliberate.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, how far away from the eye was it? Got to take more care of your opposition than that.

He'll get 2 weeks / 2 for first offense = 1 week

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon it was all an accident. Big clumsy 200cm lock. No way he intended he. He was freeing his foot and regaining his stance. Wasn't even looking.

I think he'll be cleared to play. Off with a warning at most.

HayFarmer

Bob McCowan (2)
I reckon it was all an accident. Big clumsy 200cm lock. No way he intended he. He was freeing his foot and regaining his stance. Wasn't even looking.

I think he'll be cleared to play. Off with a warning at most.

Yeah, I thought this at first, but that slow mo makes it look semi intentional, like to see it in normal time.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
After watching the Junior Wallabies last night, I think it’s safe to say the Reds have strong potential in the next few year. McReight, Wilson, Woods and Nasser were outstanding in the forwards. Let’s look after these lads.
Lucas did his job in the backs. With Lucas, Stewart and the young play maker Carter Gordon coming through, I think we are in for some great rugby.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah, I thought this at first, but that slow mo makes it look semi intentional, like to see it in normal time.

looks like you are right. He's got a case to answer for it seems:

SANZAAR NEWS RELEASE

Harry Hockings to appear before a SANZAAR Judicial Committee Hearing

Following initial consideration by the SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee, Harry Hockings of the Reds will appear at a SANZAAR Judicial Committee Hearing after being Red Carded for alleged foul play during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Hockings is alleged to have contravened Law 9.12: Stamping or Trampling, during the match between the Reds and Sunwolves at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on 3 May 2019.

The Judicial Committee for the Hearing will be Andre Oosthuizen (Chairperson), Mike Mika, John Langford which will be held by video conference on Monday 6 May 2019, 9am(SAST), 5pm(AEST), 7pm(NZST).

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Very solid in the backrow. Wilson and McReight were fantastic last night, Fraser seems like a natural leader. Isaac had his best game of the championships too. Nasser and Wood were good last night as well. Hard to fault a single player in that game.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Good to see Perese gaining selection in the 'QLD Residents' team in QLD Cup. What a waste of talent. IMO he would have been pushing Wallabies selection this year if injury free.