• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
what happened to CFS?

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet.

What's the injury status on Stewart and Daugunu?

I'd play those lads in the starting team ahead of Wileman, but we may have no options.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Given how new players come into reds backline and done well this season more than not maybe wileman should be given his turn to star! Been really good year to blood new players and some not so new but in new positions (eg Stewart at 15 instead of 10)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Daugunu can’t be that far off Reg. Broke his arm start of April against the Stormers.

I have no idea what happened with Hamish Stewart. Looked like some kind of limp hand/wrist injury against Rebels.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Stewart hurt his shoulder, CFS hurt his knee. Stewart might be back this week, but I think CFS might miss the game.

B

Bobby Sands

Next man up.

Look forward to seeing some of these fresh faces, work out who we hold for next season.

Onwards.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
So three games to go. Just lost to the worst Chiefs team in recent history who were also on the bottom of the conferance.
Jags, top of the SA table. Brumbies, top of the Oz table. Blues, who might be still in the hunt for 8th if they beat the Bulls.

Strong possibility the team ends with 5 wins, which is one worse than last year, and only because there's been two Sunwolves games. Losing our best player for next year.

Where's this team at?

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Fwds have on the most past i think (excl. first rebels game and bulls game) matched it with the opposition.
Scrums - don't know the starts have declined from last year, but look to be on par.
Lineouts - look pretty good i think, seem to give as good as we get.
Defence - Our points conceded are within the pack.
Backline play has been uninspiring bar a few highlights here and there (2nd game against Tahs tries)
Kicking game - i think poor apart from the odd good game (Sharks)
Tactics - not much evidence of the much anticipated McKay led improvement.

I think Hegarty is good enough to lead a top 4 team. Tate with a second season under his belt and growing partnership with Hegarty will improve.

12 hole scares me.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So, at this stage right now, who would like a shot at explaining why Thorn is a better HC than Stiles.

Needs to be thought out in the light of his ruthlessness in starting the role. Then to the results.

I expect to ask a similar question c/f Graham at season end.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
having read some of the past discussions it seems a little pointless point because its only going to be a subjective discussion with pre-conceived opinions which won't change, I like Stiles, but Stiles isn't "Reds 2019".

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
So, at this stage right now, who would like a shot at explaining why Thorn is a better HC than Stiles.

Needs to be thought out in the light of his ruthlessness in starting the role. Then to the results.

I expect to ask a similar question c/f Graham at season end.

Let's wait until the end of the comp.