• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Would be very intriguing to hear how much the Reds are still paying for the trio.
At least the slate is finally clean - although it adds flavour to every game with all 3 going to a separate team.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hegarty probably isn't as athletic as Hunt or as strong in defence but he's far more creative and a more natural rugby union player.

Tahs just don't need Hunt. Don't see the point. Maybe Cheika was involved in negotiations.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone who has been to a game where Hunt plays knows he is a very big talker and director of others on the field.

He clearly benefits from having an instinct for football (both codes) and will be a benefit to the tahs. I don't profess to know much about Heggarty at all, so have no idea if he's a big plus for the reds or not.

As Southernx says though - given the option of a guy who will play vs a guy who will never get a game, then obviously it's great to have him in the side.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Still can’t help but feel disappointed how Hunt’s gig at the Reds panned out. I wish him well at the Tahs (except against us of course). I still think he has potential to get into the Wallabies starting side if he can take his new start and make the most of it.

Hegarty is a good addition for the Reds. Covers our area of biggest weakness. Isn’t spectacular, but solid and adds another playmaker into our list.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone who has been to a game where Hunt plays knows he is a very big talker and director of others on the field.

He clearly benefits from having an instinct for football (both codes) and will be a benefit to the tahs. I don't profess to know much about Heggarty at all, so have no idea if he's a big plus for the reds or not.

As Southernx says though - given the option of a guy who will play vs a guy who will never get a game, then obviously it's great to have him in the side.
Happy to have hunt at the tahs as good footballer brain. But was disappointed to lose Hegarty - you guys should be happy as Hegarty good player with some good attacking flair.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

A journeyman No 10 or 15. Played in Japan and then for the Rebels, Tahs and now Reds.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
A journeyman No 10 or 15. Played in Japan and then for the Rebels, Tahs and now Reds.
He’s not Wallaby standard but filled in very well for Folau during suspensions, injuries and positional changes. Obviously after Izzy’s contract extension he would be doing the fill in role for the long term Good luck to him. I hope he can get a starting position for the Redsi

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Re Ballymore I agree it should be maintained as 25k stadium surely cannot cost that much. A packed 'more is way better than a half or third filled Lang Park.

All they need is the keg and four and twenty peeps roaming the hill and I'd be a happy camper. Transport, well surely shuttle buses up and down Butterfield connected to special services at the Busways @ the Hospital is not hard. It was never an issue to get into town on the free buses, with the numerous tunnels busways etc should now be a piece of piss.

Reactions: dru

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Many years ago there used to be one: from the back of the western stand directly across to the old GPS grounds at Finsbury. What happened to that bridge?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hegarty was pegged at as a 10, but couldn't crack the starting gig. However - he has the 2nd playmaker ability, is a tenacious deferender and has a boot - along with some SERIOUS speed, hence the games he has played at FB have been very good. Like a fast jono lance (whereas lance was seriously slow)

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Couple of points on Ballymore. An upgrade which would make it feasible just would not cost that much. you need to upgrade the stands, perhaps bulldoze the creek end and the original one and remake them, and renovate the big one. You can keep the hill.

You'd also need to fix up the catering etc. I'd estimate it might cost 50-100 million dollars. This pales in comparison to many other infrastructure projects,

In terms of access, the idea that its just completely inaccessible is completely untrue. This is an inner city suburb. you could very easily extend the busway which goes to RBWH right to the front door of ballymore. In fact, its so close that any road extension would go for less than a kilometre.

I just can't understand how that is a bridge too far to even consider. It's not as if demand is not there either, because Brisbane Roar would also use the stadium, and largely at different times to the Reds. This could be a very viable boutique stadium, with great facilities and food and a hill, but because of essentially laziness to advocate on behalf of it, it looks like we will not be getting it any time soon :mad:.