• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Also, always manages to hold onto the ball. Every time he does those balls at pace, you think oh he must've dropped it, it looked to flat to be true and almost a mistake. But nup, mitts still on the ball, very impressive.
Harry is actually a very good cricketer , would have been a genuine option for him to follow a cricket pathway. His hand eye coordination is ridiculous, safest hands out there .

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Harry is actually a very good cricketer , would have been a genuine option for him to follow a cricket pathway. His hand eye coordination is ridiculous, safest hands out there .

Ah, that makes a lot of sense hey. I'm excited to see his development after a few years of pro-training and letting his body fill out.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
We've got Stewart Hegarty and Lucas. Don't need to waste more $ on 5/8s.

Lucas understudy with Hegs 2020, starting 10 by end of season/2021.

Some smarter peeps than myself see Stewart @ 12, I like him so I've got an open mind.

if that;s the case then maybe we'll see:

McDermott, Hegarty, Hardy, Stewart, Petaia, CFS, Lucas ; hard to pick a bench though maybe Campbell replace CFS and CFS on the bench, that would be harsh on CFS though I think he's coming into very solid form

McDermott, Hegarty, Hardy, Petaia, CFS, Campbell, Stewart ; Lucas on bench covering 10, 15 ?

Not sure who else we have in the pipeline re: young talented backs?

I cant wait until 2022 season to have a team with a shot at the finals, and without a decent 10 you don't make the finals.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I cant wait until 2022 season to have a team with a shot at the finals, and without a decent 10 you don't make the finals.

If they don't make the finals next year then the season is a fail. 8 teams in a 14 team comp make the finals. We play the Sunwolves twice so have an advantage over the other conferences, who knows who'll be playing for them.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Well in theory, most super teams next year should have a bit of player turn over. So, I'm hoping by the Reds being ahead of the 'curve', we should be in the best position next year to make the finals!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Well in theory, most super teams next year should have a bit of player turn over. So, I'm hoping by the Reds being ahead of the 'curve', we should be in the best position next year to make the finals!

Reds need to be proactive on signing their guys for the season post World Cup exodus.

The Force, The Brumbies & Rebels will be aggressive signing Brisbane Club Rugby and Reds extended squad members right out under the Noses of reds management as they just don’t have the club rugby system to groom their own talents.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hasn’t scored a try for Sale Sharks in 15 matches, averaged only one line break every every second match, averaged one try assists every second game.

Not exactly statistics of a world class outside back, his recent YouTube highlights looked decent, but not the player he was in terms of footwork and speed.

To be worth the risk he presents, he would need to be displaying some exceptional form IMO, too much not a risk for a young team like the Reds

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
What position is O’Connor playing?

Give me
CFS/Petaia at 13,
Daugunu/Jock on wings
Hegarty/Stewart at fullback

All those guys are better options then “The Brand”

JOC (James O'Connor) can go play his way back into a reds jersey down at Crosby Rd.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If rabbit did sign he'd most likely play at 12, 15 or bench.

But he won't sign. Thorn isn't stupid, it would be crazy hypocritical considering he dumped Slipper & Hunt for coke, not to mention QC (Quade Cooper) because they didn't like each other/he didn't fit.

Brumbies probably his most likely destination

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Would any Australian team really be keen to go down this road again?

If anything I thought the Tahs may in desperation to fill a spot, but I reckon even they would only go there if there is a complete lack
Of other options.