• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I am too. He's just a good footballer who still looks like he's got some growth left in his game. He has a calmness and reliability about him. I think he's dismissed somewhat as he lacks some of the razzle dazzle of other prospects, but I think he's a player you could really rely on and build around. His kicking game has also been developing over the last year and he seems to be building some leadership capacity which is good.

He's another player with so much potential. I don't know if it's been the attacking patterns of the Red's or what but they just haven't seemed able to unlock all of his potential. He runs with such lovely balance. I'd really love to see them better utilise him this season because your correct his NRC form really fails to translate and I'm not convinced it's all because of Daugunu's execution.

How have you seem Harry's form? I've been a little unimpressed with him this NRC season. He's been a little inconsistent both across and within games to my eye.

You can tell he's had a massive season. He was very good in the Soup, then played Uni into the Grand Final and for the first couple of rounds of the NRC was one of Country's best. He tailed off the latter part of the season but as I said you could tell he was fatigued. He is a freakish talented bloke, will be one of our best next season.

Daugunu needs to work on his defence. I've not got a problem with his attack. He was frequently outmanoeuvred for QLD. Oppo will have his measure if he cannot improve in that respect.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He was big at the U15's State Champs but no where near 170kg. Maybe 120kg which is big for that age.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
You can tell he's had a massive season. He was very good in the Soup, then played Uni into the Grand Final and for the first couple of rounds of the NRC was one of Country's best. He tailed off the latter part of the season but as I said you could tell he was fatigued. He is a freakish talented bloke, will be one of our best next season.

Daugunu needs to work on his defence. I've not got a problem with his attack. He was frequently outmanoeuvred for QLD. Oppo will have his measure if he cannot improve in that respect.

Maybe the later games are tainting my impression (of Harry). The Round 6 NRC game against NSWC for example I thought he was very much off his game, but as you said maybe just the results of a long season.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Zane was reported as 138kgs in his first year of First XV in 2017 as a sixteen year old. He played at 120kgs this year, has always been mobile for a big fella , but his movement around the field this year definitely benefitted from the weight loss.

At only 18, has a heap of development ahead of him as a prop. Battle of the unis at the moment apparently for his services for next year.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Zane was reported as 138kgs in his first year of First XV in 2017 as a sixteen year old. He played at 120kgs this year, has always been mobile for a big fella , but his movement around the field this year definitely benefitted from the weight loss.

At only 18, has a heap of development ahead of him as a prop. Battle of the unis at the moment apparently for his services for next year.

I was really impressed with him this year for TSS. He has a footballers brain which was evident in the final game against IGS, stealing the ball in the strip in the final minutes to essentially save their undefeated year. He will be massive for whatever club is able to sign him up.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree he is a footballer, have a look at the highlights of the recent U18's game against NZ. In our first try he throws a great pass under pressure around the 22 , runs an inside support line once the break by Pollard and Pasitoa is made , then puts in the big ones to make it to the breakdown on the NZ 22, where he becomes half back and throws another great long pass onto the chest of Pasitoa with the end result being a cracking try by the left winger ( who started the whole movement ) .

Not many props would have thrown the first pass, even less would have made the breakdown and thrown the next one.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Zane is a smart footballer. With the backing and investment from the Reds he could develop quickly into the starting 23. Has he got a developed contract? Who has for 2020?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Josh Flook from Nudgee/Brothers has signed a Development contract. Looking forward to seeing the next 2 years of progression. You Tube highlights don’t do him justice. Bloody Carter Gordon’s highlights are freakish.

B

Bobby Sands

Is Carter a tall fella? He looks to run a bit like Reece Hodge, awkward gait but still has some pace. In saying that he'll need some speed work which will inevitably happen in the pro set up.

Built like Bernie so yes.

I assume Nonngorr is on our books, yes?

B

Bobby Sands

Josh Flook from Nudgee/Brothers has signed a Development contract. Looking forward to seeing the next 2 years of progression. You Tube highlights don’t do him justice. Bloody Carter Gordon’s highlights are freakish.

Garter Gordon looks way too good for prems based on those highlights.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he's got a wonderful all round game but how good would it be to have a quality goal kicker too? It's been a long time since Australian Rugby has some one consistently dependable.

B

Bobby Sands

He was big at the U15's State Champs but no where near 170kg. Maybe 120kg which is big for that age.

It was a quote form his TSS coach, so I will take it at face value.

Hard to imagine, but its a crazy world.