• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hearing Paisami has a fractured jaw and eye socket from clipping Timani’s head during TK’s hit on him in Perth .

Minimum 8 week injury .

It wasn’t TK’s shoulder that rocked him , it was Timani’s head.

So who plays 13 in the GF?

Interesting saw him yesterday at Coogee and didn’t look that bad, massive blow for my he Reds

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
9. McDermott
10. JO'C
11. Daugunu
12. Stewart
13. Petaia
14. Vunivalu
15. Campbell

I think Brumbies just became favourites. The Reds were woeful after Paisami went off.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
9. McDermott
10. JO'C
11. Daugunu
12. Stewart
13. Petaia
14. Vunivalu
15. Campbell

I think Brumbies just became favourites. The Reds were woeful after Paisami went off.

Reserve forwards were highly ineffectual. Starting pack lacked balance (go forward)

Need Uru starting and Blyth in the 23 or Valetini & Neville will bully us.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
We could always see if Perese wants to come home for a couple of weeks.

Not a bad idea, you could also see if Daugunu, Vunivalu, Droasese and Eru want to go home for a few weeks to Fiji, Wilson, BPA and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) want to head to NSW for a few weeks? Or even Hunter Paisami off to Melbourne for a few too?

Just jokes...... ;)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not a bad idea, you could also see if Daugunu, Vunivalu, Droasese and Eru want to go home for a few weeks to Fiji, Wilson, BPA and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) want to head to NSW for a few weeks? Or even Hunter Paisami off to Melbourne for a few too?

Just jokes.. ;)

You can asked, they'd probably say no to returning to losing teams though

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

Just jokes.. ;)
What, and miss the finals. Not a chance.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Ticket sales for the final moving along nicely. Platinum is essentially sold out and only a few gold tickets left. Still a lot of redzone / silver tickets but I'd say two weeks out from the final they would have moved close to 30k tickets. Bit of promotion to the broader public and they should be able to get a 40k+ crowd in there by the final. Good stuff

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I don’t think they’ve opened up all the seats yet though, upper tier of eastern and southern stand still haven’t gone on sale

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
9. McDermott
10. JO'C
11. Daugunu
12. Stewart
13. Petaia
14. Vunivalu
15. Campbell

Things went downhill for the Reds when Tate came off for Thomas. I understand why though, good opportunity to give the young bloke some minutes in a dead rubber.

I think they'll be fine with Flook at 13. Might just need Vunivalu to do some heavy carries up the middle.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Without Paisami the Brumbies should create a linebreak with every single pass that goes beyond flyhalf. Failure to do so should result in the mid-match removal of Dan McKellar as coach

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think the Reds were lacking that punch up the middle, I wouldn't mind one of Vuni or Petaia moving into the centers rather than Flook. Flook is good but I feel like he's better coming on and using his speed and agility against tired defense. Alternatively if we do start Flook then we are going to need Vuni or Petaia to go roving a bit to give that punch. But I've yet to see anything suggesting Hunter is out. I feel like if it's a fracture or something like is being suggested that'd be something they'd know and would be reported pretty quickly?

I think the Force game the Reds were always making their subs at the designated time regardless of the match situation (and it looked like they did) the win would have been nice but really it meant nothing to them. Same with why they looked for the try at the end, back the boys if they score the try and win the game it was genius, if they didn't then they lose nothing and they tip their hat to the Force on a gutsy win.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Vunivalu would be fighting an up hill battle defending against Simone and Ikitau at OC. He can't even defend wing properly yet. That would be a very high risk move.

I doubt going a season undefeated meant 'nothing'. I can, however, see the merit in all or nothing if you are trying to prevent tired players from picking up an injury in extra-time, where the result ultimately doesn't affect the standings.