• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I agree Petaia isn't ready to play 15, I'm unconvinced he's a 15, but everyone is talking about him there. And I can see what he'd bring to the position, we put up with Folau there for ages and Jordies already has a better kicking & tactical game than Folau ever had.

The Mrs is going to be two days post surgery (only minor hopefully) and she's wanting to get tickets! I think I've created a monster! Worst case we'll send friends and watch it at home with her on all the painkillers.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds v Chiefs to be at Townsville
45AF91AB-4683-4196-A57E-212FE4B15C87.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That match was the one due to be hosted in the super round, so both teams had to agree on a 50/50 profit sharing solution, good news that the game was able to come to Qld and a part which has been lacking exposure.

Last Super Rugby game in Townsville was back in the Rodney Blake era, 2005 vs Hurricanes maybe?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That match was the one due to be hosted in the super round, so both teams had to agree on a 50/50 profit sharing solution, good news that the game was able to come to Qld and a part which has been lacking exposure.

Last Super Rugby game in Townsville was back in the Rodney Blake era, 2005 vs Hurricanes maybe?

2006 v Highlanders. Jeff Miller's last game as coach. Just our 4th win of the season but a cracker. 22-16 (Tune, Chapman, Croft tries; Huxley 2 con, Barnes 1 pg)

15 Huxley, 14 Hynes, 13 Tune, 12 Brown. A. 11 Mitchell, 10 Barnes, 9 Valentine, 8 Roe (c), 7 Croft, 6 Chapman, 5 Connors, 4 Horwilll, 3 Blake, 2 Hardman, 1 Holmes

Replacements: Atkinson, Berry, Johansson, Mathison, McVerry, Moore and Treloar.

Last game for the Reds for Huxley, Mitchell, Valentine, Connors, Aktinson and Mathison.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Interesting to see Rennie was watching JOC (James O'Connor) and Bryce at Ballymoore while Dave Alred was coaching them.

Hopefully Rennie brings Dave into the Wallabies for a skills and kicking gig.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m hearing the Reds weren’t allowed back into Queensland due to the 14 day quarantine requirement, so they’re going to be basing themselves elsewhere for the next 2 weeks

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lots of comments on Reds socials about Wright electing to take scrums instead of points.

You’ve gotta have rocks in your head if you think JOC (James O'Connor) would have done differently, he and Wright were talking about penalty options all night. They wanted to win, fair enough, game meant nothing to them in terms of the ladder.

I don’t think it really matters who is captain between Wright and JOC (James O'Connor), it’s not like Wright coming back has forced JOC (James O'Connor) out of position..

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah Blyth is a mystery isn't it he was playing well one can only assume he has stuffed up as the timing seems to line up with the Stuart incident.

Reds management have been pretty open about players being stood down or dropped for discipline reasons, so the fact we haven’t heard anything makes that sound unlikely to me.

His dropping lines up with the approaching return of Wright. It’s possible he was told to hit certain performance benchmarks or risk losing his spot when Wright came back. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) in the second row this weekend was telling and he’s been playing too well to leave out.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Scott-Young has been in great form and he had also been running the lineout,

Between he and Wright they made 27 tackles at 100% success rate and they both do a lot of break down work, so they bring a lot to the table.

On the down side, between them they had 9 runs for 1 metre. The lineout was also picked off a few times when it has generally been pretty good.

I wonder if there will be at least some consideration to bringing Blyth back to add some punch to the pack.

If they do, I wonder if it might be Wright that gives way. I really rate Wright as a player, but Scott-Young has been central to our success this season. Maybe using Wright off the bench is a better fit at this stage.

The other guy who might be need pressure is Fotuakai. He made 5 from 7 tackle attempts and 1 run for 0 metres.

Stats don’t tell you about scrum success or breakdown pressure, of course - but you’d think Thorn would like a bit more.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds allowed to return to Queensland this week, currently in Sydney staying at Coogee, they’ll spend the next 2 weeks in a bio-bubble at Ballymore

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Hearing Paisami has a fractured jaw and eye socket from clipping Timani’s head during TK’s hit on him in Perth .

Minimum 8 week injury .

It wasn’t TK’s shoulder that rocked him , it was Timani’s head.

So who plays 13 in the GF?