• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think we get your views Reg. Haha
It's not too far off what we've selected in the past, we just started Stewart & Flook in the centers and they did well. Daugunu & Vuni have both started on their respective wings, and many (including JOC (James O'Connor) & Thron) have rated Jordie at 15. Sorovi was up until recently the second choice halfback and is more than capable of playing Super Rugby.
The second choice front row, with BPA. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Ryan have both started in lock together a few times. ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Uru and Wright have all started.
Obviously you want everyone in your 23 to get a run because they won't be getting much burn until the finals, but other than Tate more or less everyone there is or should be in the 23.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Petaia is a quality player and able to cover the outside centre and wing positions. Sometimes players can hide in these positions whereas fullback not so much. I think we need to see an improved focus with consistency before we look at him being a fullback option. Last week we saw him starting to use his kicking game more than usual, and the commentators saying he’s been working with Dave Aldred, so there might be some development going on there.
In the centres, we need to have at least one strong heavy runner, either Paisami or Petaia. Stewart and Flook combination would be punished playing against the Kiwi teams. Stewart plays centre as a second playmaker and has a big work rate in defence. At the moment I’m not too sure where Thorn sees Flook’s future. He is ok in defence, elusive in attack but definitely not a playmaker or a heavy hitting centre. Possibly an outside centre and wing backup. Thomas as bench half back has me a bit puzzled but let’s see what the season brings. Sorovi must be feeling out in the cold.
Now the back row decision moving forward is going to be interesting with Wright coming back into the play. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) has been immense, and I would hate to see him dropped to a regular bench warmer. I actually think the back row combinations have been getting us the wins. I really like Wright but we haven’t missed him.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Petaia is a quality player and able to cover the outside centre and wing positions. Sometimes players can hide in these positions whereas fullback not so much. I think we need to see an improved focus with consistency before we look at him being a fullback option. Last week we saw him starting to use his kicking game more than usual, and the commentators saying he’s been working with Dave Aldred, so there might be some development going on there.
In the centres, we need to have at least one strong heavy runner, either Paisami or Petaia. Stewart and Flook combination would be punished playing against the Kiwi teams. Stewart plays centre as a second playmaker and has a big work rate in defence. At the moment I’m not too sure where Thorn sees Flook’s future. He is ok in defence, elusive in attack but definitely not a playmaker or a heavy hitting centre. Possibly an outside centre and wing backup. Thomas as bench half back has me a bit puzzled but let’s see what the season brings. Sorovi must be feeling out in the cold.
Now the back row decision moving forward is going to be interesting with Wright coming back into the play. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) has been immense, and I would hate to see him dropped to a regular bench warmer. I actually think the back row combinations have been getting us the wins. I really like Wright but we haven’t missed him.

I think Wright brings more to 6 then ASY (Angus Scott-Young), but I agree he has been great this year and should be rewarded for that I think they may see him shifted to lock hybrid role and he has also perform ok there in the past. Smith hasn't done anything wrong but at the same time he hasn't performed so well as not to be the one who is dropped at this stage.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
In terms of tickets, having moved interstate i am not a reds member but am still in the Rugby Community pre sale - are we supposed to have gotten an email?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
In terms of tickets, having moved interstate i am not a reds member but am still in the Rugby Community pre sale - are we supposed to have gotten an email?

We would like reiterate that all Life, 30 Year and Perpetual Ground Members will have their SAME SEATS for the Harvey Norman Super Rugby AU Grand Final on Saturday 8 May 2021 at Suncorp Stadium.

Like all other Full Season Members, we will ask you on Monday 19 April to log onto your Membership Account to view and approve the "Invoice" which doesn't require you to process any funds, but does confirm you intend to use your seats for the Grand Final. If this process isn't completed, your Membership Card barcode will not scan on Grand Final night. This process must be done by Monday 3 May 2021.

We will not release your seats for the Grand Final at any time however we do ask you go through the process when instructed so we can identify how many of our Life, 30 Year and Perpetual Ground Members will be attending.

Members will not be issued new tickets to the game, you will be able to use your 2021 Season Membership Card as you do for your St.George Queensland Reds home games.

Members will have access to buy Additional Seats via the Member Additional Seat Presale on Monday 19th April. There will be no available seats in 301 or 302 due to the sections being used for current 2021 Members but there will be plenty of seats available in all categories during the presale.

A reminder of the Onsale Dates:

Full Season Member SAME SEAT Buy In: Access from Monday 19 April

This is when your invoice (showing no value) will need to be accepted via Membership Account. You have until Monday 3 May to do this process.

All Member Additional Seat Presale: From Monday 19 April 2021 via Ticketek. No seats will be available in 301 or 302 in the Western Stand.

General Public Onsale: Tuesday 27 April 2021 10am via Ticketek

FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED THIS WEEK VIA EMAIL.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I bought my usual seats for the final. It will be the first game we get to this year (mixture of kids birthdays, sniffles etc keeping us away), and it will be great catching up with all the other nearby members who have stuck out the last decade.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
How doors the member code work to buy tickets, would I be able to use someone else’s to buy tickets for myself? Or is unique to the individual

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
How doors the member code work to buy tickets, would I be able to use someone else’s to buy tickets for myself? Or is unique to the individual

Yes I think you could. You just need to enter their rugby id. That's all I did to get my mate the seat next to my son and I.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah. Blyth looked like a borderline Wallabies Squad member. Now he's not even in the 23. He was doing his job pretty well from all accounts.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
I would have liked to see Jordie played at 15 this week to try to get him a Wallabies capt or two at 15.
I think Jordan would have to play at least a season at FB to press his claims there. In saying that we had Folau for years and Jordy core skills are already better he may not be as good in the air but who is.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Don’t know about 50s but 40s is certainly an aiming mark.

I just bought tickets, sitting in the upper tier, normally those tickets aren’t released for sale during regular season.