• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Blues, Round 11 2013, Attack of the Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is there anything that can be taken from the preseason trial against the Blues at Toowoomba into this game?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I doubt it HJ. The Reds team was fairly experimental in terms of some of the young guys playing and we were also missing Horwill and Genia whose addition to the team has been immense since. From memory the Blues also left a number of AB's at home for that match.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Looks like big Albert Nikora will get another romp with George Moala dropped for breaking team protocols or something.....

Hopefully he gets some space like he did in the trial game :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I hope not! As pretty as he is to watch, he's a horrifying prospect to have on the opposition!! ;-)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
This game is 2 v 4 on the ladder. The Blues sit in second spot due to the fact they are top of the NZ conference.

Yeh I think the Blues' spot on the ladder is a bit misleading. They've won 4 games. There are 7 teams that have won more games than the Blues. They are propped up as a result of the extra Bye points. They've won the same amount of games as the Tahs and Saders and I'm not so sure they are better than either of those two teams. I'm not saying they cant and wont beat the Reds, just an observations.

Hard to say which is the best NZ team at the minute. None are really standing out. The Canes look average. The Blues inconsistent. The Chiefs are going through a bad patch but will surely bounce back this weekend. The Saders are winning enough games, without setting the world on fire....I wont mention the other team.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The Kiwi sides are playing like shit - AINT IT GREAT!!! (this should stir the hornet's nest)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't dislike Davies I just expect more from him. He's lightning quick and that is something that you can't teach. And as you say he's scored 3 tries this year so it's not like he is hopeless. I would love for him to hit the form from 2011 but he hasn't hit those heights since he played his Test match for the Wallabies.

Here's a bit of a trip down memory lane. I hope the team can recreate this type of game on Friday night.

Great video(and I'm a Tahs supporter).A winger's job is to score tries and Davies sure does that well.How good was QC (Quade Cooper) in that game?I don't really like the guy but he can play.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The Kiwi sides are playing like shit - AINT IT GREAT!!! (this should stir the hornet's nest)

LOL....doesn't stir the nest so much as provide a good laugh. Especially because even when we're playing like shit.....we're still winning!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Funnily enough I agree our teams are playing shit at moment, not saying I over moon about it, but not down in dumps, especially when you look at table and see how close it is at top when we all remember Aus teams started a week earlier and have a week when Lions are out that no teams from Aus will get any points;)

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Say what you want about Biggsy, none can deny the man has passion. Passion which us Rugby folk need to have more of.. looking at you Waratahs

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is there anything that can be taken from the preseason trial against the Blues at Toowoomba into this game?

Blues that night shifted the point of attack to their back-line especially in the 2nd half, after the reds forward defense tightened up after a poor start to the game. The reds forwards are looking solid and I suspect they will try to break the line through the hands of some gifted players like Piutau and Ranger et al. Ant and taps better have their tenacious D caps on.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
i think the Reds played the first half with their best backline and second best forward pack and second half sceond best backs with better forwards.
don't reckon anyone could take anything from that game - everybody getting a run

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
i think the Reds played the first half with their best backline and second best forward pack and second half sceond best backs with better forwards.
don't reckon anyone could take anything from that game - everybody getting a run

Can't argue with that logic. I still believe their best shot is to press the reds outside defense.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any thoughts on who should start at hooker. A few of Hansons throws last week were poor, but he seems to stiffen the scrum. Hanson, I believe has more impact coming on late but its a hard call.

Will Anae make the bench this week. I think we missed his impact towards the end of last weeks game.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The NZ sides, bar the Crusaders, seem to have the attitude of running it from everywhere. This combined with lack of execution and Aussies sides playing better means the Reds and Brumbies are deserved leaders.
It would be nice for the Aussies to peak between World Cups for a change.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are you somehow related to biggsy? ;) Love it!

You Cheeky fuck, :eek::p:D I"ve had a few Cans tonight ( cyclopath )so there could be some classic's on the way.

Plus..I hate the Blues,Thieving,dirty Aucklander's. This game will be Penalised to buggery.
And With Attack I don't think Digby shouldn't play. By all accounts he is gone at the end of the Year. SO its time to play our players life after Digby. He Reminds me of Big Del, good Crash Ball Runner, but come to rugby Skills it's Very Ordinary for Super Rugby...

Status
Not open for further replies.