• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies Rnd 16 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Scott SIO
2. Josh MANN-REA
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Sam CARTER (c)
6. Scott FARDY
7. Chris ALCOCK
8. Jordan SMILER
9. Joe POWELL
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. Aidan TOUA
12. Kyle GODWIN
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Tom BANKS

REPLACEMENTS

TO BE NAMED (ooh, the suspense....)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'd guess,

Abel, Mayhew, Makin, Enever, Butler, Cubelli, Lealiifano, Dargaville.

But, might be a bit of a gamble with both Tomas and Christian coming back from injury. Christian might drop out and Cusack brought in to bolster the forwards.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Scott SIO
2. Josh MANN-REA
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Sam CARTER (c)
6. Scott FARDY
7. Chris ALCOCK
8. Jordan SMILER
9. Joe POWELL
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. Aidan TOUA
12. Kyle GODWIN
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Tom BANKS

REPLACEMENTS

TO BE NAMED (ooh, the suspense..)

Good to see Cheika's influence rubbing off on Larkham

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd guess,

Abel, Mayhew, Makin, Enever, Butler, Cubelli, Lealiifano, Dargaville.

But, might be a bit of a gamble with both Tomas and Christian coming back from injury. Christian might drop out and Cusack brought in to bolster the forwards.

Nah.........

It's Alexander's milestone game so there's no doubt he'll be on the bench..........

And if Cubelli and Lilo are both fit to play they'll definitely both be there too.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Reds

1. Sef Fa'agase
2. Stephen Moore
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Kane Douglas
5. Izack Rodda
6. Rob Simmons
7. George Smith
8. Adam Korczyk
9. James Tuttle
10. Quade Cooper
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Duncan Paia'aua
13. Campbell Magnay
14. Izaia Perese
15. Karmichael Hunt

16. Alex Mafi
17. Markus Vanzati
18. Sam Talakai
19. Cadeyrn Neville
20. Caleb Timu
21. Moses Sorovi
22. Hamish Stewart
23. Chris Kuridrani

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bizarre backrow for the Reds.

Higgers and Hendrick both returned from internationals with slight injuries.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would hazard that the reason for not naming the bench has some basis in waiting on a final decision re Lealiifano's fitness to take part.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
The Brumbies are going to monster that Reds pack. No real grunt in it, especially in the back row. No power runner at all.

On the plus side you'd hope the lineout is good - three locks and a jumping backrower in the starting side!

I understand the desire to give Simmons a public send off but nothing quite says "token thanks for your service" than starting a player out of position in a dead rubber.

I presume L. Tui is injured or unavailable too, or are they just giving Neville a run since he hasn't played this year? I rate Neville as a player but once again he's more an athletic lock rather than a physical lock.

Glad to see Sorovi get a bench spot too, hope Stiles gives him some decent minutes and doesn't just use him as injury cover.

The Brumbies are pretty much full strength so it looks like they are trying to build some momentum going into finals. I did wonder if they'd rest some players, since there's no way these two rounds can affect the conference standings, is there? The only thing seems to be getting above the Stormers which would mean playing a slightly lower ranked Kiwi opposition, but that's going to mean whoever's lower of the Chiefs and Hurricanes which is hardly a consolation prize.

Then assuming they got through that they're still likely to be playing either the Crusaders or Lions away in the Semis. The only way it really helps is in the extremely unlikely event that the final consists of Stormers vs Brumbies.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
...The only way it really helps is in the extremely unlikely event that the final consists of Stormers vs Brumbies.

Hahahaha, can you imagine!? That would be hilarious (if all of the hotshot kiwi sides got knocked out in the Quarters/Semis by the Stormers and the Brumbies)!

We can dream (that's all we have left really) :(

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
No Houston either - been a disappointing return season for him.

On the flipside great to see Caleb Timu on the bench!

How much game time did Houston actually get this year? He did play in some matches didn't he?

I hope that Timu can get some decent minutes and not just a token 5 minutes at the end. He looked pretty dynamic and powerful when I saw him play Premiers so hopefully he can deliver at Super Rugby level too.

Simmons at 6 is an odd one, any word on where he is going next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.