• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies Rnd 16 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
37 mins across 2 games according to Fox Sports

Wow, just about half a game in an entire season. Disappointing for him, although I think there was some injury related outage there but given how highly rated he was in the UK that is not what was expected. Reg, do you know if Stiles wasn't keen on having him or did he just not turn up and deliver what was needed?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies bench

16. Abel
17. Alexander
18. Leulua'iali'i-Makin
19. Enever
20. Butler
21. Cubelli
22. Ah Wong
23. Smith

No Lealiifano after he pulled up with tight hamstrings after training yesterday.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds jersey for this game (from facebook):

19665485_10155237962845236_66086255436248938_n.jpg

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Given how much Houston slimmed down after he got here, my suspicion is they considered him not fit enough for Super Rugby, but that was a Catch 22 because he's not that type of mobile player, he's a classic hard hitting 8. He was a beast in the UK where the game was slower and he could throw his weight around against slightly lesser opposition, but Super Rugby is a different game. I hope he goes back to the UK, puts on a few kgs and resumes his former cult hero status by bashing people.

On top of injury, he also seems to have been a victim of this strange Reds obsession with back rowers. Too many back rowers are never enough, but who needs a spare fly half?

On the plus side for him, he did get his Wallaby cap. Only one, and off the bench, but he's a Wallaby for life now. Good on him.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Wow, just about half a game in an entire season. Disappointing for him, although I think there was some injury related outage there but given how highly rated he was in the UK that is not what was expected. Reg, do you know if Stiles wasn't keen on having him or did he just not turn up and deliver what was needed?

Which of the two are you referring to? ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ah nuts.....

I'm actually not unhappy that Leali'ifano is not playing, much as it is great that he is back on any field at all. I don't see a huge gain in him playing these tail-end matches, given the Brumbies are in the finals already and he couldn't play in them. Better to have a protracted pre-season and get really back to full fitness for next year. Hate to see him injured in one of these games.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I was under the impression that he was named in the squad at the beginning of the year, and that he'd be eligible to play in the finals if he was well enough......could be wrong.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I was under the impression that he was named in the squad at the beginning of the year, and that he'd be eligible to play in the finals if he was well enough..could be wrong.

Hmm, not sure. Was he kept in the squad once he was diagnosed or replaced? If the former, it was a big call to lock up a squad spot on the chance he might get fit again, but I suppose he can play finals. If the latter, and added back in later, he couldn't. I think. Now I'm confused! :D

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I'm sure BJ will set us straight. Funny being named co captain if you weren't in the squad.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's happened to Andrew Ready? Hope he hasn't gone backwards due to the Reds signing Moore.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What's happened to Andrew Ready? Hope he hasn't gone backwards due to the Reds signing Moore.

He hasn't gone backwards due to the Reds signing Moore.

He was second fiddle at the start of the season and was getting good game time but apparently he got on the piss after a game in a manner that frustrated senior players so they reported him to the coaching staff and he was dropped from the 23. This was a symptom of wider attitude problems which saw him dropped from the 23 for a number of weeks, and has seen him be asked not to attend training for a few weeks whilst he sorts his headspace out.

He's gone backwards because he's (seemingly) not very mature. Nothing to do with Moore and Ready has to take responsibility for his own actions and attitude.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Don't they have to have played a certain number of games in the season to be able to play finals or was it just being named in the initial squad?

I think that applies if they were added to the squad later, which was the mistake I made earlier. Fine if they're in the squad all year.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
He hasn't gone backwards due to the Reds signing Moore.

He was second fiddle at the start of the season and was getting good game time but apparently he got on the piss after a game in a manner that frustrated senior players so they reported him to the coaching staff and he was dropped from the 23. This was a symptom of wider attitude problems which saw him dropped from the 23 for a number of weeks, and has seen him be asked not to attend training for a few weeks whilst he sorts his headspace out.

He's gone backwards because he's (seemingly) not very mature. Nothing to do with Moore and Ready has to take responsibility for his own actions and attitude.

Of course it has everything to do with Moore.

Of course it has everything to do with a lack of maturity/headspace of Ready.

Reds gambled with signing Squeak. They hoped he would perform and he hasn't achieved that. Add to that Ready's performance (his own fault) and the Reds gambled badly.

To say otherwise is just laughable.

Having said that if gambling was guaranteed to win, then it would be called Winning

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brisbane:

Wednesday: Awesome
Thursday: Incredible
Friday: Wet,cold and friggen miserable
Saturday: Mostly Sunny (forecast)

Perfect :/

Still - got me some fritzenberger dollars which will cheer me up pre game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.