• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Could anyone that's taken kids to the Rugby @ Suncorp please let me know a few things? I'm taking my two little ones for the first time and how smoothly it goes will probably dictate when we attempt this again :rolleyes:

Can I take any commercially packaged food in? Small packets of chips, lollies etc?
Can I take homemade food in? Sandwiches, cakes, sweets etc.
I know they don't like drinks coming in but can I bring my kids drink bottles (water) in? I assume this is fine but if we get to the gate and the Security Guard says we have to turf my son's Paw Patrol water bottle I won't be popular. I normally would just leave them at home but with the mid 30's temps forecast I don't want to be paying shitloads for bottled water that they will probably spill.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Could anyone that's taken kids to the Rugby @ Suncorp please let me know a few things? I'm taking my two little ones for the first time and how smoothly it goes will probably dictate when we attempt this again :rolleyes:

Can I take any commercially packaged food in? Small packets of chips, lollies etc?
I know they don't like drinks coming in but can I bring my kids drink bottles (water) in? I assume this is fine but if we get to the gate and the Security Guard says we have to turf my son's Paw Patrol water bottle I won't be popular. I normally would just leave them at home but with the mid 30's temps forecast I don't want to be paying shitloads for bottled water that they will probably spill.

Homemade food is fine, al of it we did that every time when we were members. Commercial food- we just repackaged it - put the chips into a plastic bag etc. Water bottles are not an issue - take them in filled and refill them in the sink.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep, I take food & drink bottles for the kids all the time.

Avoid hard boxes like Pringles but water & packet stuff for them is fine.

I'll have my 6 year old daughter with me on Sunday and am contemplating bringing the 4 year old boy to his first game....

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbues

James SLIPPER
Folau FAINGA’A
Leslie LEULUAIALII-MAKIN
Rory ARNOLD
Sam CARTER
Pete SAMU
Tom CUSACK
Lachlan MCCAFFREY
Joe POWELL
Christian LEALIIFANO
Lausii TALIAULI
Irae SIMONE
Tevita KURIDRANI
Henry SPEIGHT
Tom BANKS
REPLACEMENTS
Josh MANN-REA
Scott SIO
Tom ROSS
Blake ENEVER
Murray DOUGLAS
Jahrome BROWN
Matt LUCAS
Jordan JACKSON-HOPE

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Interesting.

Timu got no game time last week. Not picked today.

Not a good sign in a Thorn coached team.
Conspiracy time?:
My physio was telling me about a serious knee injury to a Reds player occurring in that game. It did not seem so serious at the time.
Apparently a Japanese doctor did not diagnose the extent of the injury, and upon the player's return, Peter Myers the surgeon has had to operate. My physio knew one of the assistant doctors at the operation. He cited the problems but as I don't study medicine I couldn't quote them. But it was very serious stuff which Myers successfully operated on.
Whoever it might be, he won't be playing for the remainder of the Super season, or longer.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Timu has been sent back to club land to get some game time and match fitness with Souths this weekend.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Cheers! That helps a lot. I'll be taking my 5yo daughter and 3 year old son. Looking forward to it!! :D

We always take lots of snacks for the kids. The security guys are fine, just open your bag and tell them that it's food for the kids. Hope the kids have fun there. Afternoon games are great for kids.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Cheers! That helps a lot. I'll be taking my 5yo daughter and 3 year old son. Looking forward to it!! :D

And hope your kids enjoy the experience Scoey. Love to see the likes of you dillyb etc etc taking kids there and the kids having a fun day out, even if they don't care about the rugby really, just also gives them good memories associated with the game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't see it that way. He was fine last week. Not exceptional. He's still in the squad and will play a key role later.

We don't need to rush his development (which we probably already are).
I am pleased as well to see Stewart kept at 15 and not see Lucas push him out as hopefully we might have finally seen where Stewart can play his best footy at fullback.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)

We've taken in all those things and more, and an ipad for distraction, though you really only want to use that as a last resort or at least late in the game. Hope you have seats in the shade and looking east.

My wife has even taken in ice blocks in a soft cooler, but she regularly makes up individual ziplock lolly bags, bags of nuts and crisps (she likes to portion into ziplock so it looks more home made), biscuits and sandwiches. She avoids using any hard containers (partly for convenience). I don't know whether she really needs to get too carried away with the little commercial vs individually home-wrapped chip packets but it is all part of the process now.

The only problem encountered was when my son carried a mini ball to the gate and we had to check it. Rugby, reducing participation rates any way it can!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
And hope your kids enjoy the experience Scoey. Love to see the likes of you dillyb etc etc taking kids there and the kids having a fun day out, even if they don't care about the rugby really, just also gives them good memories associated with the game.

Also, strategy and persistence pays in unusual ways. Mr 7 has missed only one Brumbies home game (B&L Lions included) due to ill health while Miss 2 has not missed any during their lifetimes.

The bribe program consists of an old (non-touch screen) tablet for videos for the little one in the second half if required, and a hot dog or similar at half time for Mr 7 if expected behavioral standards are met. We also armed Mr 7 with some cheap binoculars. ;)

Mr 7's game focus was patchy early on and we were worried it was a lost cause until one night when he was about 5, at the dinner table, he managed to name the majority of the team!:cool:

A year ago we got him an old style autograph book and he has become a gun at getting autographs:
20190323_125246[3560].jpg

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The Brumbies are at risk of melting at Suncorp if it’s this fucking hot again tomorrow!

Bit of a change from a chilly night in Canberra.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
We've taken in all those things and more, and an ipad for distraction, though you really only want to use that as a last resort or at least late in the game. Hope you have seats in the shade and looking east.

My wife has even taken in ice blocks in a soft cooler, but she regularly makes up individual ziplock lolly bags, bags of nuts and crisps (she likes to portion into ziplock so it looks more home made), biscuits and sandwiches. She avoids using any hard containers (partly for convenience). I don't know whether she really needs to get too carried away with the little commercial vs individually home-wrapped chip packets but it is all part of the process now.

The only problem encountered was when my son carried a mini ball to the gate and we had to check it. Rugby, reducing participation rates any way it can!

So you cant take in a ball to get autographed?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
No footies allowed anymore, my youngest son lost a ball to security at Ballymore at the trial game against the Chiefs. Some new safety rule apparently. Had to leave it at the gate which was all closed up by the time we left. They were even knocking back small foam balls that couldn’t possibly be an issue.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
No footies allowed anymore, my youngest son lost a ball to security at Ballymore at the trial game against the Chiefs. Some new safety rule apparently. Had to leave it at the gate which was all closed up by the time we left. They were even knocking back small foam balls that couldn’t possibly be an issue.

I would rather be hit in the back of the head with a ball than a hot meat pie