• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
St.George Queensland Reds side to play Western Force
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 21 February
1 James Slipper (C)
2 Saia Fainga’a
3 Sam Talakai
4 Marco Kotze
5 James Horwill
6 Adam Thomson (Reds debut)
7 Liam Gill
8 Jake Schatz
9 Will Genia
10 James O’Connor (Reds debut)
11 Lachie Turner
12 Samu Kerevi
13 Chris Feauai-Sautia
14 Chris Kuridrani
15 Karmichael Hunt (VC)

16 James Hanson
17 Ben Daley
18 Sef Faagase
19 Tom Murday (Potential Super Rugby debut)
20 Curtis Browning
21 Nick Frisby
22 Sam Johnson
23 Campbell Magnay

It actually is a good team still allowing for the injured players to come back,

Obviously it will be interesting to See JOC (James O'Connor) at 10, Am sure he will do a much better job than both Hunt and Duncan (and that wouldn't be too difficult).

The forwards will display plenty of mongrel power this week but I'm still worried about out defence out wide.

Thomson will have a field day out wide.

Go the Reds

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Force named

1. Francois van Wyk*
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Wykes (c)
5. Adam Coleman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Chris Alcock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Marcel Brache
12. Solomoni Jnr Rasolea
13. Kyle Godwin
14. Luke Morahan
15. Zack Holmes

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Chris Heiberg**
18. Oliver Hoskins
19. Steve Mafi
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Luke Burton
23. Mitchell Scott**

With the GREATEST of respect, we really should do a number on these guys shouldn't we?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I hope the Reds admin has got plenty of goggles, snorkels, and water-wings for the Captain's Run tomorrow. They're going to need them with a predicted 200 - 400 mm of rain on the day.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Force named

1. Francois van Wyk*
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Wykes (c)
5. Adam Coleman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Chris Alcock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Marcel Brache
12. Solomoni Jnr Rasolea
13. Kyle Godwin
14. Luke Morahan
15. Zack Holmes
Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Chris Heiberg**
18. Oliver Hoskins
19. Steve Mafi
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Luke Burton
23. Mitchell Scott**
With the GREATEST of respect, we really should do a number on these guys shouldn't we?

There are a number of factors in the Reds favor to win:
  1. It's the Force's second game in a row on the road
  2. The game against the Waratahs was a high intensity one
  3. That game was played in high temperature with humidity
  4. The Reds have had an extra two days to recover between games
  5. Inclusion of two big name players for the Reds to steer the ship
So I'll predict the Force to win by 4 points ;)

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see what impact the weather has on this game. If as much rain comes through as predicted we could be looking at a very mushy Suncorp

Also, the Brisbane Roar play at Suncorp Friday night. That could cause some damage as well. (I have my doubts about getting as much rain as predicted, but still.)

T

TOCC

The pitch is going to be atrocious... It's lucky the soccer team is playing before rugby otherwise they might have had a bit of a whinge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Just for shits and giggles, I did a few quick stats. Well, not so many giggles.

From the Reds perspective:

Last 10 games:
H2H - 4win, 5loss, 1draw
PF - 228
PA - 247
PD - -19

Win%
Home - 60%
Away - 20%

Last 5 games:
H2H - 0win, 4loss, 1draw
PF - 91
PA - 137
PD - -46

Win%
Home - 0%
Away - 0%

EDIT: H2H = Head to Head, PF = Points for, PA = Points Against, PD = Points difference

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Also, the Brisbane Roar play at Suncorp Friday night. That could cause some damage as well. (I have my doubts about getting as much rain as predicted, but still.)

If it's as bad as predicted I'd be surprised if it went ahead.

M

Moono75

Force named

Doesn't matter that we won 9 games last year and beat the reigning Super Rugby champions in round 1. There is still no respect for the Force. We get the usual patronising comments every year.

You better hope 'Dick' Graham stumbled across a coaching manual since last week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Doesn't matter that we won 9 games last year and beat the reigning Super Rugby champions in round 1. There is still no respect for the Force. We get the usual patronising comments every year.

You better hope 'Dick' Graham stumbled across a coaching manual since last week.

I'm not sure that Reg is suggesting that anything like that will happen.

I think he's saying that it's more a reflection that the Reds haven't played anything like they appear on paper. It's a dig at them rather than the Force (at least that's how I read it).

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Rasolea and Godwin were both good last week pressuring the Tahs midfield in defence. If the reds don't go forward it's going to be tough, and getting that go forward against a confident Force back row is not going to be easy. That said, I reckon Kerevi and Thomson will get enough metres to keep them in the contest. Doubt it will get past 12 if the rain plays a big factor. Backing a tight game, reds set piece may have ascendency - reds by 3 in a low scoring affair.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The pitch is going to be atrocious. It's lucky the soccer team is playing before rugby otherwise they might have had a bit of a whinge

They'll whinge about anything, but soccer-types whinging about the condition of a pitch f's me off to no end. Get over it.

We should, there is only one position that the Force have a genuine positional advantage - but the Force have one massive advantage in that they managed to get rid of Richard Graham as coach.

It's going to be a wet, sloppy game, and with the Reds sloppy performance last week I can't see us winning unless a lot has changed in a week. The Force defended extremely well last week and managed to maintain discipline outside of a Mathewson brain explosion, and I think the Force's forwards may be able to outmuscle our guys up front. The one thing working in the Reds favour is that JOC (James O'Connor) is a significantly better goal kicker than Ebersohn, who was just awful on Sunday.

Force by under 10 with 2+ yellow cards in the match for hands in the ruck in what is a genuine arm wrestle.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brisbane boy. 25 years old according to Google. Has trained with the Brumbies but don't think he ever got a spot. Has been playing in NZ for Northland was apparently in the Blues WTS. Excellent in the lineout and decent ball runner. Quite mobile for his size (200cm & 112kg).

I've been impressed with his form in the ITM Cup and quite a few folk have mentioned him over the last 6 months as a solution to our lack of lock depth. Thumbs up from this guy.

Murday came over to WA in his younger years. He must have been about 18 at the time (because that was about 7 years ago). He was in the Force academy but didn't seem to go on anywhere from there.

M

Moono75

I'm not sure that Reg is suggesting that anything like that will happen.

I think he's saying that it's more a reflection that the Reds haven't played anything like they appear on paper. It's a dig at them rather than the Force (at least that's how I read it).

......but on paper they appear crap also :D

At some point you have to realize that guys that were good 2 or 3 years ago have now been surpassed and are living on past reputation.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Murday came over to WA in his younger years. He must have been about 18 at the time (because that was about 7 years ago). He was in the Force academy but didn't seem to go on anywhere from there.

Yeah it was pretty much straight out of school. He was playing pretty light then and I think he broke his leg or did a knee or something like that stopped him from ever having much opportunity.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

First you guys try and take our underdog status and now you're trying to take our chip off our shoulder too?! Bit bloody rich!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.