• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force (Brisbane) Friday 26 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IMG_5513.GIF

This is what I expect to see during this game.

M

Moono75

The Force will be up for this game like a Pyongyang fire cracker! Force by 12. Verity-Amm to star.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Reg
You are probably right but rugby players can be sensitive beasts and the mind can play funny tricks.

To play well, you need all things working pretty well.

Personally I think Reday will be lost to the Reds (although I hope not)

So, it is Moore's fault Ready has been playing like shit? This is evidence the Reds should not have signed Moore?

Please tell me if I am reading your statements incorrectly.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Hopefully this will be great for 80 minutes, the Reds MUST get a bonus point win to stay in contention. Hopefully it is a try festival

T

TOCC

The Ready non playing is interesting.

He obviously has not played that well and after a fairly stellar season last year. I said at the time of signing Moore that this would be a problem - and so it has come to pass. Fucking shame all round. Plenty on here supported the signing of Moore in that he could mentor Ready, Ready would learn a lot from him and that Ready wouldn't be upset about Moore's signing. Plenty of egg all round methinks.

Only bright light is the emergence of Mafi.

On the contrary, Readys poor performances in 2017 adds weight to the recruitment of more depth at hooker.

Ready had a good 2016 Super Rugby season and at the end was in contention for the Wallabies, his play during the NRC was a massive step down and the reason Latu leapfrogged him into the Wallabies squad. He was getting solid minutes at the start of 2017 and hasn't played well. On the other hand, Mafi has embraced his opportunities and is playing bloody well.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Of course it is not Moore's "fault" that Ready has performed this year as he has.
It is Ready's fault, pure and simple but he has some valid reasons (at least subjectively).

I was against the signing of Moore because IMO:
He had been playing poorly for about a year;
He was too old;
His captaincy and leadership skills were poor;
Based on Wallaby performance, he should have been replaced by TPN;
The position of hooker was adequately filled;
The usurping of Ready by Moore did not send a good message to the team; and
his overall performance this year certainly hasn't warranted his signing.

I think I also said that Ready would be filthy at the signing and copped some criticism on here as lots thought he would be a good mentor etc for Ready. Ready obviously hasn't thought so and personally I think he has S.O.L.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The usurping of Ready by Moore did not send a good message to the team; and
his overall performance this year certainly hasn't warranted his signing

It's professional sport. This is the nature of the beast. If the coaching staff thinks they have a better option than you they will sign them and they will play them over you until you prove to them otherwise.

Nobody has a mortgage on any jersey.

If he's so mentally weak that he can't handle this and it has lead to his sharp drop in form and the binge drinking incidents then he can fuck off to France, Japan, the middle of the ocean.. I don't care.

Hopefully that's not the case and he's just going through the swings and roundabouts that many young players go through for a variety of reasons.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
can't see the force getting up for this one considering their last week. Reds always seem to be able to score points against the force if they tighten up their defence they should win comfortably.

Koalas to trump the Swans

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Despite last week, which I put down to accumulated fatigue, I was picking a close Force victory. This Reds team with a rock star pack of non-performers has been (along with the Rebels of course) the major disappointment of the Super season.

But I am absolutely gob-smacked by the selection of Brache over Morahan - totally bewildered doesn't even start to describe it. This selection is totally beyond stupid. Its likely to tip the balance back to the Reds.

Have I got my tipping all wrong and will Barbar surge even further in front of me in the G&GR tipping? Time will tell.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
don't know about non-performers. Dissapointing yes, but key players are playing really well in the pack. ie. Higs and Smith. The form no.8 and the no.2 no.7 in Australia. Both Tui's have had multiple ripper games. It's our incumbent Wallabies in Moore and Simmons whom have been thoroughly underwhelming.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
No doubt Mozza dropped because he's off OS.

Fucking stupid by a coach I thought was fairly measured.

Now, Reds by 15

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Despite last week, which I put down to accumulated fatigue, I was picking a close Force victory. This Reds team with a rock star pack of non-performers has been (along with the Rebels of course) the major disappointment of the Super season.

But I am absolutely gob-smacked by the selection of Brache over Morahan - totally bewildered doesn't even start to describe it. This selection is totally beyond stupid. Its likely to tip the balance back to the Reds.

Have I got my tipping all wrong and will Barbar surge even further in front of me in the G&GR tipping? Time will tell.

Hawko - the Reds' 'we need stars and 'prestige' recruits' and we'll pony up the $s for them' team design model of recent years has, in terms of team output and results on the board, been proven as a total dud (as a number of us predicted it would).

Part of the problem absolutely has been coaching but the hard truth is that, since some time in 2012 until May 2017, the Reds have never looked like a beautifully integrated, balanced team playing with good temprement and balanced skills. In 4-5 years now, the team has barely advanced at all.

Foxtel and home crowd numbers never lie, none of the QRU's spins masks the truth as discovered when you ask people to part with hard-earned cash to watch a team play.

(Please posters far and wide don't immediately post 'Hunt is playing well'.....yeah, after two out of three years of his highly priced contract he played and/or adjusted poorly, not good enough ROI by any standard.)

In 2011, the Reds were a team of up and comers and no names. It's all about good team design, judicious selection and great coaching.

Reactions: gel

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Hawko - the Reds' 'we need stars and 'prestige' recruits' and we'll pony up the $s for them' team design model of recent years has, in terms of team output and results on the board, been proven as a total dud (as a number of us predicted it would).

Part of the problem absolutely has been coaching but the hard truth is that, since some time in 2012 until May 2017, the Reds have never looked like a beautifully integrated, balanced team playing with good temprement and balanced skills. In 4-5 years now, the team has barely advanced at all.

Foxtel and home crowd numbers never lie, none of the QRU's spins masks the truth as discovered when you ask people to part with hard-earned cash to watch a team play.

(Please posters far and wide don't immediately post 'Hunt is playing well'...yeah, after two out of three years of his highly priced contract he played and/or adjusted poorly, not good enough ROI by any standard.)

In 2011, the Reds were a team of up and comers and no names. It's all about good team design, judicious selection and great coaching.

crowds and foxtel dont lie but wasn't our winning season one of the Broncos worst? This helped our stats a bit.

kickedmyheight

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think it is more a case of the Force looking for greater impact off the bench as well as keeping versitility in case of injuries (which has proved necessary over the last few weeks at least). This looks to me like a Force side which will play with intensity for a full 80mins. This is where we lost it last week. We held alright in the first half and I thought we were still in the game but then 20mins with at least a man down against a lethal Highlanders side was too much for tired/young legs and we folded spectacularly. If we have used that loss as motivation and can keep all out players on the park then we can match the Reds for the first 60 then unleash our bench to kill them off. Just like we did in Perth.

Force by 10.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If Hunt can teach the rest of the backs how to find the white line, the Reds will romp it in.....if not there is always the after party

IMG_5514.GIF

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No doubt Mozza dropped because he's off OS.

Fucking stupid by a coach I thought was fairly measured.

Now, Reds by 15
I doubt it. Mozza has run hot and cold in his time here. There were parts of last year where he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in a Force jersey.

I'm not devastated to see him go, I don't think he is the sort of player to thrive in this environment. But I'd still pick him over turnstile, soap hands, cooked head Brache any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.