• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Reds Forwards let them down again. Need to take a page from the ponies and tahs forwards on how to deal with the force forwards. Cooper had a great game. Shit myself everytime he touched the ball. A shame their backs have a few injuries atm.
I respectfully disagree. Our front 5 did well. The game was a tough one at the front and neither side took a step back.
The reds need to look at what is happening real time and shut down attacking teams when they can.

They have forgotten about an important aspect of the game in the pursuit of their try scoring flare, and that thing is smart , hard defence. Harris, the only one in the back line to sort out where he needed to be.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bullshit..we owned it. 2 trys with a man in the bin. Dont try and make out we got lucky! Out played and we have morw heart.

Pull your head in mate. The bloke showed you some good sportsmanship and you reply with this tin foil hat crap.

Poor form.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
On the bus on the way home ........gutted. I have a bottle of bourbon waiting for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Tahs will be a different proposition next week. Not confident about winning that one but there with bells on either way.

Likewise. Tell ya what though, it's a great time to be a Force fan (and member). I finally feel like we're going places after a few years in the wilderness. What a feeling to pull that one off tonight.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully people will now take the for seriously no more the other team played bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You blokes play a technically good game. One look at the table says you blokes are towards the pointy end and in the hunt for more. Force also look like a tight unit and everybody is putting in for the team. Those who always want wide expansive rugby should stick to sevens. If you appreciate the finer technical points of the game, the Force are a joy to watch.

Time for you blokes to get stuck into the Tahs next week.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
I respectfully disagree. Our front 5 did well. The game was a tough one at the front and neither side took a step back.
The reds need to look at what is happening real time and shut down attacking teams when they can.

Dunno about that. Force forwards got over the advantage line pretty easily and didnt get troubled by them at the breakdown either. As opposed to the Brumbies and Tah forwards who won the collision and breakdown contests through out the 80 minutes when they played the force. The reds are going to continue to have issues with the ref as well this season.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Dunno about that. Force forwards got over the advantage line pretty easily and didnt get troubled by them at the breakdown either. As opposed to the Brumbies and Tah forwards who won the collision and breakdown contests through out the 80 minutes when they played the force. The reds are going to continue to have issues with the ref as well this season.
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Discipline is what we need to work on. Those early points hurt us tonight. We cant afford to give starts away like that.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
The force attack wasnt anything special though. More often then not the receivers of the ball were pretty flat footed. They were pretty patient though stringing a lot of long phases inside the reds zone.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Like Hodgo said, the difference is belief. 2 years ago we managed to lose about 10 games in the season after leading at half time. It's a strange feeling watching them truck it up for 16 phases and feeling confident that they can make something of it.

Congratulations to Marcel Brache too. Came on with nearly a full game ahead of him and didn't look out of place.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Force. Just snuck home against some rabble that the Tahs nearly put 40 points on.

Thee bubble bursts next week when you finally play against a worthy opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.