• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Force fans are new to this whole winning thing, so it is understandable that some don't know how to react properly to it.

Talk about some un-gracious winners on here.

Now in true Reds fan stereotype, I'm going to try and find something about the referring to complain about :p

M

Moono75

Foles could be up for Coach of the Year. Plus he doesn't break windows so no excess.

M

Moono75

Yes those first 2 games were a clusterfuck. I'm the first to admit we don't have the most talented roster but shit we try hard! All you can ask.

Very interested to see how the Tahs go against the Stormers in the Republic tonight :)

M

Moono75

Coach of the Year?

Is that what they give you for your first season with a positive record these days?[/quot

USA Rugger you just shout me that beer if I make it to the US. If you make it back to Perth happy to buy you a couple of beers.

M

Moono75

Currently 3rd on the ladder...Yeah yeah Moono is a pain in the ass! Hey give me my 15 minutes fame :)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Kudos.
4 on the trot is impressive.
But you can't rewrite history,he was fucking woeful with the Tahs.
He lost his last 8 games when coaching here.
You just enjoy your wins,don't worry about us.

It's complex though, isn't it, the whole context of the Tahs, the NSWRU, and all their histories. In the interests of Australian rugby, we do worry about you a lot actually, many of us want you to finally break through this year and win an S15 title.

Link left NSW, via France, came back, learnt some lessons, within 2 years at the Reds he achieved the title that had so painfully eluded him in NSW following his ignominious sacking from Australia's biggest State RU.

What we can say re M Foley - at the very least - he seems to be improving the Force at a faster rate in many facets of play and, critically, in a much more balanced forwards-and-backs-integrated mode of play, than has been the case with his two recent predecessors there.

The Waratahs board, management, administrative culture is something of a special place by all accounts. It tends to eat more than it procreates. To date, anyway.

M

Moono75

It's complex though, isn't it, the whole context of the Tahs, the NSWRU, and all their histories. In the interests of Australian rugby, we do worry about you a lot actually, many of us want you to finally break through this year and win an S15 title.

Link left NSW, via France, came back, learnt some lessons, within 2 years at the Reds he achieved the title that had so painfully eluded him in NSW following his ignominious sacking from Australia's biggest State RU.

What we can say re M Foley - at the very least - he seems to be improving the Force at a faster rate in many facets of play and, critically, in a much more balanced forwards-and-backs-integrated mode of play, than has been the case with his two recent predecessors there.

The Waratahs board, management, administrative culture is something of a special place by all accounts. It tends to eat more than it procreates. To date, anyway.

Some ballance. He's not as shit as portrayed. thank you.:) Coaches can be handcuffed to the system they step into.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Great game - everything we imagined it would be.

I was certain the Force were going to give a way a penalty if the Reds went another 2-3 phases.

The Force are a team of no-names who have some massive belief. Hottest team in Super Rugby at the moment. Don't know if it will last, but enjoying the ride!

M

Moono75

Great game - everything we imagined it would be.

I was certain the Force were going to give a way a penalty if the Reds went another 2-3 phases.

The Force are a team of no-names who have some massive belief. Hottest team in Super Rugby at the moment. Don't know if it will last, but enjoying the ride!

Nipper......Hang Ten and Cowagubnga baby!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Great work by the Force. It's a pretty easy loss to swallow when you're losing to the guys who have been kicked, and kicked again while their down only to rise back up and show spirit. You cn see it on the players faces just how much they loved that.

On the downside, I sat in the members section tonight and apparently it is a crime to speak. I was talking to my friend about what kind of play the Reds should run off a scrum and someone said could you please be quiet?

are you serious? You are at the footy and you want someone to be quiet?? (By the way this was a casual conversation at normal conversation volume)

I'm embarassed to say that I'm a Reds fan because of those guys. I left said seats at half time empathizing with league fans who call Rugby 'Rah Rah'.

If you want to watch the game in silence - FINE - but stay home and watch it on Fox.

If you think you have done nothing wrong mate, stick up for yourself. Don't take a backwards step.

M

Moono75

Anyone that wants to discuss the outcome of the game. Im available from 10am WST.....don't forget we don't recongise daylight savings time in your eastern state so dont wake me ;) Fuck I'm an asshohole!

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Like Hodgo said, the difference is belief. 2 years ago we managed to lose about 10 games in the season after leading at half time. It's a strange feeling watching them truck it up for 16 phases and feeling confident that they can make something of it.

Congratulations to Marcel Brache too. Came on with nearly a full game ahead of him and didn't look out of place.

Agreed on all counts - in the 2nd half, they were often taking the ball standing still, which is still an issue, but they were holding onto it, and kept possession until they forced a penalty.

And Brache was solid. Didn't ever get the ball with time or space so he didn't look flashy, but got over the gain line through footwork and turned a negative situation into a positive one. Look forward to seeing more of him. He's USA-eligible too!

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
It was wonderful to see Taps come back from the grave, so to speak. He was/is(?) such a fine player when confident and in the right head space. His decline was mystifying but almost looked terminal, it was enduring. I agree that his and Robinson's contributions may be on track to return to their best.

Definitely - Taps was their most dangerous attacker, IMHO.

And I have never rated Robinson, but he was massive in tackle count and wreaking havoc at the breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.