• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Force Super Rugby Round 6 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Quirk for Samo is a great decision, keep it that way for the rest of the season. My prefered backrow combination.

I'd assume Dallan Murphy will be kicking, he does it for Brothers.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What positions can we cover with Frisby and Eyres-Brown on the bench? It seems that Frisby is probably only a 9 (only going off the two SA games - I know nothing about him) so if we get two injuries, say at 15 and 13, can we cover them?

I was going to suggest we probably need to start looking at a 4/3 split but then I realised, we were struggling to get 2 reserve backs.

I believe Frisby can cover the back 3 if needed and has quite a big boot so wouldn't be too much of a risk back there, however, he is still rather small.

Not sure about Eyres-Brown but from listening to SA commentators last weekend it sounds like he's an outside back. I'd say if we got an injury at 12 or 13 then Shipperly or Morahan would have to move in to fill those from the wings.

Paddysboy

Stan Wickham (3)
So Joel Rapana is named at 13 for Saturday. I'm struggling to find out much about him. All I found is that he played for the Force in 2010 and a bit with Qld A. Not even sure if they're talking about the right Rapana. Any thoughts?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Couple of questions:

Is Samo injured? Or being rested? Or is this the first week Quirk has been fully fit?

Surely Frisby, Murphy or Morahan have to be better place kickers then Genia?

Other then that.... All things considered probablyu the best team we could hope for.

Paddysboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Couple of questions:

Is Samo injured? Or being rested? Or is this the first week Quirk has been fully fit?

Surely Frisby, Murphy or Morahan have to be better place kickers then Genia?

Other then that.... All things considered probablyu the best team we could hope for.

Samo dropped from the 22
1. Ben Daley
2. James Hanson
3. James Slipper
4. Van Humphries
5. James Horwill (c)
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (vc)
10. Dallan Murphy
11. Luke Morahan
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Joel Rapana
14. Dom Shipperley
15. Rod Davies

16. Albert Anae
17. Greg Holmes
18. Rob Simmons
19. Eddie Quirk
20. Beau Robinson
21. Nick Frisby
22. Nathan Eyres-Brown

W

What2040

Obviously Daley's thumb not broken - only concerns for the team are at 1. and 15.

Has Shipps ever played at 15 ???

Paddysboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Just realised I didn't even answer the questions asked.....good grief. Samo not injured just dropped. I think Quirk toured and was fine all along. I expect Murphy kicks for Brothers so he should certainly be first choice. Sanchez just doesn't measure up in the kicking department.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Reds by 10

IMO, with a pressure-inexperienced kicker playing away, we'll need at least a 1 try gap, if not 2, v Force as I'd realistically expect Dallan M to kick around the 50%, max 60%, mark (assuming usual mix of some close in, some out wide etc.). If the game is low tries, high penalties, the impact of that speculated DM % range will be more severe, so we'd need a material +ve penalties won gap as well.

Unless of course, the Force's kickers have a major off night, then we get the leg up. Can't count on that though.

Tries under the posts please Shipps.

W

Waylon

Link dropped the Fro that can go in the midst of an injury and experience crisis.............smacks of mass panic

The Force back row will be all over Murphy like white on rice

We smell blood

Force by 20

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Link dropped the Fro that can go in the midst of an injury and experience crisis.............smacks of mass panic

We smell blood

Force by 20

Waylon, delighted, but surprised, to see you showing such new-found confidence in your coach out West ;);).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just realised I didn't even answer the questions asked.....good grief. Samo not injured just dropped. I think Quirk toured and was fine all along. I expect Murphy kicks for Brothers so he should certainly be first choice. Sanchez just doesn't measure up in the kicking department.

Just had a feeling that I read somewhere that Quirk had picked up an injury in preseason.

Not sure. Our injury crisis in not in the backrow. So as much as we crap on about Samo being able to play anywhere from 4 - 15, I would say that this is a planned rest or perhaps form induced, if there is not a niggle there. He might not recover from travel that well any more, I know I certainly don't.

We smell blood

Force by 20

Yes I am sure they will, and yes I am sure you do. But I think 20 might be pushing it.

This is going to be another very close game. I have not made up my mind which way I am going to go. Either side will have the ability to win it. I hope that the loss to the Bulls will be stinging the Reds still and they come out with some passion and fire. If this is the case anything can happen - even the Reds by 20. ;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

We smell blood

Force by 20

His workrate and impact were down. Disappointed for Samo but i think more than a few Reds fans might be happy with the call. Good luck dealing Quirk and Robinson for the last 20-30mins. Pocock will be well covered.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't know why everyone is shocked at Samo's axing. He's a big log who does one good thing every 5 games and nothing inbetween. Quirk is a far more valuable and talented player, I'm more then pleased to see Samo dropped.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
To be honest, I was a tiny bit surprised to see the big man running around again this year. I thought that the RWC might have been his last hurrah. With that said, I'm a bit of a fan, so I'm glad he decided to play another season (same with Sharpie).

Status
Not open for further replies.