• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Force Super Rugby Round 6 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would have rathered McCalman was in for Wykes (injured) then to see Cotrell dropped. Benny played at lock last year a fair bit but RH knows best :cool:

Cant wait to see how Godwin goes from what i have heard and read he carved up last week against the Rebel Rising hence his selection so hopefully he gets some time at 10/15.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
McKibbin came to Sydney at the start of the 2010 season. He won the Ken Catchpole Medal in Sydney Club Rugby.

He was player of the Grand Final in 2009 when Brothers won in Brisbane.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry, but I'll be cycling on the ex-railway track somewhere between Coominya, Tagoolawah, and Harlin, or camping beside it at the time.
Now let me see..beer, wine or rum? Nah, all three!

I'm not going to be in Bris this weekend, so won't be there either.

You enjoy your cycling/camping.

W

Waylon

These words may come back to haunt me, but the Force beating anyone by 20 would be unusual in the context of this year, or last.

We are very confident in the west

The Force pack selected for this week is a "bully" pack. Our forwards are going to belt the Reds. The Reds have a soft underbelly and their backline is injury ravaged, inexperienced and dysfunctional.

The Reds also turned it up last week and lay down like pussies. They showed us their belly and we are going in for the kill

The Force faithful will be baying for blood

Get on with the bookies........Force 20+ for massive coin

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he's over there training, but not a chance was he going to play. This would've been the first time he's trained with the team.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think we will see where the force are as a team thus weekend. We should pummel the reds but as most of us know that doesn't mean it's going to happen. If we can't beat the reds by at least 10 it shows that we lack as a team playing together and there is something seriously wrong with the group.a

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
This will be a fascinating game. On the one hand the Reds are down but not out, and ready to show that they are a champion team to rise above adversity. On the other you have the Force who have been a tad unlucky in their games.

They could have beaten the Brumbies with better goal kicking, not that the Ponies were any better in that department, and IMO they were dudded by Jonkers in the last game against the Rebels when Pocock was pinged and Gerrard kicked what proved to be the winning goal.

Then in the 1st game against the Reds, in Rd.2, they gave up two soft tries against the home team who didn't show up to play. Yeah, I know teams have to overcome those things to win games like every other team does, but one of these days they are going to get a break.

It's interesting to see Godwin from the Force EPS get on the team sheet. He can play 10,12 and 15 - and so can Nick Seymour, who is also on the bench. I hope that Godwin gets a run at flyhalf or 12 some time in the game and stays healthy, just to see how he goes - but be warned that he has played little meaningful rugby in the last 12 months.

The Force don't have a scrummie in their EPS and Turner is injured; so if Sheehan gets a knock Stannard will probably move there and Seymour, a contracted player (before his time IMO), will go to 10 in preference to Godwin.

This will be the first Perth viewing of Dave Harvey who has done well in his 2 games to date. I have been spruiking him for a few years including when it was announced that Melbourne was going to get a Super team, and now he has a gig. Perth fans will soon realise that what they see in Dave is what they will get.

They called him "Clint" at Gordon because they got the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I see Davies is named at 15 - would love to see some high balls being rained down on him. Don't think he's equipped to handle that. Wouldn't be exciting, but would be entertaining! It's just too bad that Nalaga isn't healthy - would've loved to those two head-to-head.

Status
Not open for further replies.