• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Fearless prediction - given the recent trend this will either be an annhilation, a close loss or a surprising win. One thing that won't change is the pigheaded halves selection of Lucas and Lance...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Highlanders will be hurting big time. First NZ team to lose to an Aussie team in 40 games. We might not have heard much of it but the Kiwi's will be giving them grief all week. They'll be out for redemption in a big way.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Highlanders will be hurting big time. First NZ team to lose to an Aussie team in 40 games. We might not have heard much of it but the Kiwi's will be giving them grief all week. They'll be out for redemption in a big way.

I'd actually like that very much. I do want to see another win this year, but largely don't care. I want to see an increase in our "good game" list. Jaguares, Lions, Hurricanes. Add the Highlanders please. If we keep playing like that, there WILL be more wins.

Bring it on. But for fuck's sake please Reds actually play rugby.

"I’ve said all year we’re a work in progress. We have had our ups and downs, but we’re clearly building something here."
I'm over this shit though. "Work in progress" has worn beyond thin over (probably more than) 5 years.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man fuck this the Highlanders aren't that good at all. At Suncorp on the back of a cracking performance. Reds better show up.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Man fuck this the Highlanders aren't that good at all. At Suncorp on the back of a cracking performance. Reds better show up.
Agree Derpus. If the Reds play like last week, I can see a W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dd3tV4OVAAAT7FP.png:large

Daugunu dropped. Hockings to start. Timu returns on the bench. Lucas still the starting halfback.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Josh McKay, Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Kayne Hammington, Marino Mikaele Tu'u, Dillon Hunt, James Lentjes, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Tyrel Lomax, Ash Dixon (captain), Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Greg Pleasants-Tate, Aki Seiuli, Kalolo Tuiloma, Josh Dickson, Liam Squire, Aaron Smith, Josh Ioane, Richard Buckman.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

This I do not agree with AT ALL! This year they have got the Crusaders as a notch on their gun handle. Only one other team can say that.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
That wasn't a one off though.

His wing has been routinely attacked in the last few games because he is letting in tries.

I actually think his tackling has improved as the season has progressed. For a period against the Chiefs he looked like the only one putting his body on the line and against the Sunwolves he pulled off a couple of big shots on that guy they call Japanese Godzilla. He appears to be quite good at getting underneath guys much bigger than him and driving them backwards, someone just needs to teach him how to drift better and how to defend against players who have a size advantage over him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sopoaga had the worst game I've seen from him v the Tahs, and Rob Thompson wasn't much better. These are two class players and the result will be determined to large extent by how they play this weekend. But on the strength of the complete teams, the Reds are in with a huge chance.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That wasn't a one off though.

His wing has been routinely attacked in the last few games because he is letting in tries.

This is really interesting. Looking back at the games played this season by the Reds and respective wing tackle involvements.

v Rebels

Eto = 6 (made 3)
CFS = 5 (5)

v Brumbies

Eto = 6 (3)
CFS = 13 (11)

v Bulls

Eto = 4 (1)
Daugunu = 5 (3)

v Jaguares

Eto = 1 (0)
Daugunu = 11 (9)