• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is really interesting. Looking back at the games played this season by the Reds and respective wing tackle involvements.

v Rebels

Eto = 6 (made 3)
CFS = 5 (5)

v Brumbies

Eto = 6 (3)
CFS = 13 (11)

v Bulls

Eto = 4 (1)
Daugunu = 5 (3)

v Jaguares

Eto = 1 (0)
Daugunu = 11 (9)

v Stormers

CFS = 9 (8)
Daugunu = 10 (7)

v Brumbies

CFS = 14 (13)
Ngamanu = 7 (7)

v Waratahs

Daugunu = 11 (7)
Perese = 7 (4)

v Chiefs

Daugunu = 7 (4)
Perese = 6 (4)
v Lions
Daugunu = 14 (12)
Petaia = 7 (7)
v Sunwolves
Daugunu = 9 (5)
Petaia = 6 (6)
v Hurricanes
Daugunu = 13 (9)
Petaia = 7 (7)

TGIF otherwise id be screaming WTF!!! How has Eto 'the giant' managed to survive that many games with his lack of defence?? Now hes continuing it at clubland. He was absolute disgrace(defensive effort) for Souths in loss to the Dragons. . bon voyage mate. .enjoy the french vino :p

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
well, one try, but he has been very very good and has surprised the hell out of me.
Beyond his tackle effectiveness, he also seems to position himself well when having to cover two players. Really impressive.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It could be a very good game for the onlookers.
Both sides are going to be at it 'hammer & thong'
The Reds have home ground advantage, but the Highlanders know that two consecutive losses to Aussi sides is not acceptable.
Who knows, that may be a reason the Highlanders try too hard, and fall over (hoping).

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Clan leaving Ben Smith at home for this fixture again is a big plus for us. That guy is a game changer. I think I read somewhere that the Highlanders haven't beaten us at Suncorp, which if true is definitely a record we want to keep intact.

Both teams should be absolutely frothing for this one. I follow a few NZ Rugby socials and the Highlanders have been copping it from all quarters over ending "the streak" so will be out for redemption. The Reds on the other hand would be out to finish the job they started last week and put in a complete performance to beat a vulnerable (as they get) NZ team.

The continued selection of Lucas at 9 is baffling though and we will struggle while he's there. We need to be still in the match when Moses comes on. It's that bad a selection.

A lot of the players at the Reds look up to Slips though, so I really wonder what sort of impact his situation will have on the group. Fingers crossed it galvanizes them. We are RED!

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
The continued selection of Lucas at 9 is baffling though and we will struggle while he's there. We need to be still in the match when Moses comes on. It's that bad a selection.

I do think Lucas is probably the best fit with Lance. But you are right, Lucas has been average at best.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd love to know what Tuttle did wrong. Lucas's pass is average in terms of speed and accuracy, he doesn't seem to offer a lot in terms of organisation but most of all he is so damn slow to the ruck and when he gets there he waits for the whole defensive line to get set before he releases the ball. Drives me nuts! Anyway, it is what it is. I hope he has a blinder and proves me wrong!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Bah! Look at that shitty crowd!

I live right across the river from Suncorp Stadium and am rather a Highlanders fan, 10 min walk. I had a look at getting a couple of tickets for this game. $126 for two tickets in the end sections of the main grandstand. Couldn't buy more than 1 closer in than that. Weren't selling ANY tickets for 1 tier up and I'm not paying anything for a shitty end view.

There are huge swathes of vacant seats. Have they sold all these bloody seats to members who never show up or what?
Bonkers.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really needed Dagg or Folau playing in this match to round out the obvious land claiming/settlement avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.