• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Player placing the ball on the line "was not on his feet", well no shit. Since when does a try scorer have to be on their feet?

I can understand not giving it "for not immediately placing it", as per actual laws, or that he basically rolled it onto the line. His reasoning suggests he has no fucking clue what law he's referencing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Player placing the ball on the line "was not on his feet", well no shit. Since when does a try scorer have to be on their feet?

I can understand not giving it "for not immediately placing it", as per actual laws, or that he basically rolled it onto the line. His reasoning suggests he has no fucking clue what law he's referencing.

Agreed - no try for the reason you state. Maybe he phoned Jacko for an explanation while replaying it 5 times? ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Oh, and if the Highlanders did indeed want to see how good the Red scrum is, first hand...well, job done.

Awesome scrum Reds.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Looks like the Highlanders are going to be expelled from the Promised Land.

Hmm, take 5 of your best players out of the lineup, lose another through injury. Not too bloody surprising they're a little grim. I mean the All Blacks can get stuffed, it they can't beat France at home they can get expelled themselves.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hmm, take 5 of your best players out of the lineup, lose another through injury. Not too bloody surprising they're a little grim. I mean the All Blacks can get stuffed, it they can't beat France at home they can get expelled themselves.

Your thoughts on the ABs work for me. :)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I guess we should also note that the Red line out has been poor. Much poorer than it should be.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

As a Blues fan I'm well familiar with performance going down the drain when key players are missing. But I'm simply following the Jewish theme of the night, you schmuck.

EDIT: And agree with the All Blacks against France. All this disruption for France C means 'first match rustiness' won't be an acceptable excuse.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Good job tv producers. Don't show the slow motion replay of the forward pass you ALWAYS show for the away team. That's about the 3rd "flat pass" the Reds have produced, quite the signature. Literally 2 in that passage of play.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So at this point, Brad's half time talk ws about position and smart kicking. But with possession we were nudging the line, a lot. Right now is anyone there thinking about things?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So at this point, Brad's half time talk ws about position and smart kicking. But with possession we were nudging the line, a lot. Right now is anyone there thinking about things?

Maybe Perese.

Status
Not open for further replies.