• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels, Super Rugby Round 16, 1 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rebels played well, should have won. I reckon they just handed it to the Reds. Just some poor mistakes cost us in the end. Robinson, Fugi, Saffy, Higganbotham..basically the whole forward pack was excellent. Bad luck, but keep going REBELS!!

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
just seemed as quade patted phipps on the back, then u could see him pat him on the back, just banter, but then it seemed he was mouthing off

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Phipps had an awesome game tonight, bloke was everywhere. Dont know what to say about the Reds, felt like the Rebels played like the Waratahs. JOC (James O'Connor) and QC (Quade Cooper) did not impress. Hope Higgo isnt hurt, although Mowen could step up.

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
REds good win with Bonus point. Shows why QC (Quade Cooper) should be in wallabies- at least on the bench. He creates stuff and skills are second to none. Sharpy obviously in Drongo Deans' camp very politcal and non-commital to QC (Quade Cooper)'s obvious skills... (DELETED THE LAST BIT - CRAP INNUENDO - QUIT IT!)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
REds good win with Bonus point. Shows why QC (Quade Cooper) should be in wallabies- at least on the bench. He creates stuff and skills are second to none. Sharpy obviously in Drongo Deans' camp very politcal and non-commital to QC (Quade Cooper)'s obvious skills. DELETED

Are you high?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I really don't feel the Reds deserved that. The Rebels threw it to them.

Interesting take on the match.

Considering they didn't look like getting over the reds line other than the two gift chargedowns I think you might be a bit optimistic.

May have been different if the rebels hadn't lost pyle and higginbotham. Have a feeling higginbotham may be out for a while, sadly.

Reds last 20 minutes looked as if link sent a message out and told them there would be ritual floggings administered if they didn't pull their fingers out.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
REds good win with Bonus point. Shows why QC (Quade Cooper) should be in wallabies- at least on the bench. He creates stuff and skills are second to none. Sharpy obviously in Drongo Deans' camp very politcal and non-commital to QC (Quade Cooper)'s obvious skills. DELETED.

I think it actually showed why he's not in the squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
That match told the story I thought. Quade was both brilliant and a villain at the same time. JOC (James O'Connor) was invisible but consistent and made 0 errors, just what Deans wants. Cooper gave away 14 points which is completely unacceptable but looked miles ahead of O'Connor when directing the Reds around the park and penetrating the Rebels line.

I am convinced now that under Deans as a coach, Quade should not be the starting flyhalf. If we are going to play conservative rugby then his errors will not be countered by the things that he can pull off because the wallabies will not be playing the high risk high reward style of rugby. You can say what you want but the reds still won that match.

Also interesting to note that hegarty played at 10 when came on and O'Connor went to 15.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
I would hope for next year Rebs move JOC (James O'Connor) to inside centre, and have hegarty as 5/8. Could've worked tonight. Rebels definitely missed Higgers and Pyle, although Pyle was off early. Was a crazy game. Glad the Reds got the bonus point in the end.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.